“Amazing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Zees Grill

Zees Grill
92 Picton Street | Shaw Club Hotel & Spa, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario L0S 1J0, Canada
+1 905-468-5715
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Zees Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Grill, Contemporary, Eclectic, Canadian
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Doing business, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Queen St
Description: Zees Grill at the Shaw Club Hotel and Spa is a Niagara-on-the-Lake hot spot, featuring classic nostalgic food updated with a whimsical twist. Across the street from the Shaw Festival Theatre and with the largest patio in Niagara, every detail of this exciting restaurant will surely tickle your senses and tantalize your taste buds. Our award-winning chef has created an array of dishes that are as delicious as they are inventive. At Zees, fine dining meets fun dining.
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch with a wine tour we were on, and even thought it was a limited menu to choose from, it was fantastic. My fiance had the compressed watermelon and strawberry salad. Hands down the best salad either of us had ever had. The rest of the meal was excellent as well, he had chicken, I had salmon with quinoa salad and their niagara crush Cocktail, which the waiter told me had won an award for at a cocktail competition. Service was prompt and friendly. We sat on the veranda which had a beautiful, fragrant garden in front and a nice view of the street to people watch. Highly reccommend!

Niagara Falls, Canada
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

I have been to Zee's on several occasions the last time on Mother's Day. I have never been disappointed. I have taken visitors there & make a point to go there on special occasions.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Guelph, Canada
“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

I was in Niagara On The Lake in May with my daughters for a girls weekend. We had lunch at Zee's. The staff and the food were great! Look forward to returning next year for our girl's weekend away!!

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Markham, Canada
“One of the best places in NOTL to have breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

We enjoyed breakfast at Zees two mornings in a row on a recent stay in NOTL.

The regular breakfast menu was pleasingly short – an omelette, eggs benedict, french toast or eggs and bacon. Our group tried the eggs benedict and the french toast; both were perfect. Because we were staying at the Shaw Club hotel it entitled us to a complementary continental breakfast or a reduced price for their regular breakfast. Zees version of “continental breakfast” is unlike any other restaurant I’ve eaten at. It came with a delicious buttery blueberry scone, homemade raspberry preserves, multi-grain toast, vanilla yoghurt topped with homemade granola and fresh berries, and coffee. Not only did it taste great but they presentation was beautiful too (sorrry, I should have taken a picture!)

Before arriving we contacted the restaurant about the very restricted hypoallergenic diet that one person in our group is on. The Chef prepared something off the menu, a Mediterranean chickpea-based panisse with pesto and lightly grilled asparagus. We were blown away with the thought and care that went into this alternative meal, which was special and delicious!

I also need to make a special mention of our server, Taylor. She was attentive without ever being intrusive. She was genuinely friendly, always smiling, and very accommodating (going beyond all expectations with her service!) In short, she made us feel welcome which is rare in the service industry these days. Thank you Taylor!

Visited June 2012
Wadsworth, ohio, USA
“Food was slightly off but everything else was great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

My husband and I had dinner at Zee's on June 26th as part of our hotel package. The service was great! Joe was a friendly attentive server. All the staff had a great sense of humor as my husband took each of their pictures!

The atmosphere was wonderful and my wine was superb (and Joe took the time to explain how this particular wine was made)

And now the food....

My husband's lobster poutine was excellent. My mussels however were undercooked although the sauce was fabulous. My steak was pretty average, kind of tough. I expected tender melt in your mouth..for the price. My husband's salmon was just good. We have both had better at inexpensive restaurants. The desserts were....well, we couldn't eat them. I had the goat cheese mousse, raspberry compote. I guess it looked like it had a mousse quality but it was just a hard solid cheese mass on top of raspberry jam. I had trouble getting to the jam underneath the solid cheese mass and in the end just gave up. My husband had a peanut butter chocolate something that was tasteless. Based on all the other rave reviews of this restaurant we are thinking that maybe the chef had a bad day?

• Visited June 2012