“Great Food on a Cold Night” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Romance
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Avon Lake, Ohio
“Great Food on a Cold Night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

My wife and I visited Montana's on a very cold, snowy night when the entire town was deserted. There were only a few of us in the restaurant so maybe that is why we didn't have the service problem others have stated. The food was excellent for the price. I had a brisket sandwich with a salad that was included. My wife had a chipotle burger. It has a nice look of a wilderness lodge inside and is located right at the top of Clifton Hill. Overall a very nice moderately priced place to eat especially compared to how expensive dining can be in Niagara Falls. I would recommend and will come back.

Visited January 2014

Goderich, Canada
“Fell a little short....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

My wife and I go to Montana's several times a year so we have come to expect a certain type of service with our dining experience. The service was actually pretty decent, I ordered a Heineken and it seemed skunky and was visually cloudy. I mentioned it to the server who offered to replace it, kudos to him, however he poured one shortly after and sent it to another customer. We noticed he smelled it and looked at so maybe he figured it was ok. We found it extraordinarily noisy (although we were in the bar area). My wife's steak was very good and mine tasted good but it was fairly tough. I did order medium well so I do accept some of the responsibility but it was pretty dry nonetheless. The potatoe portion seemed very small also..
The servers were pretty attentive which made up for the negatives.
All in all not quite the dining experience we are used to from Montana's, but who knows maybe they were having an off night??

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“Great value and good for families”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

This restaurant is very family friendly. The staff is great and welcoming. The food was delicious and great value. Many places are over-priced in Niagara Falls but not this place. Thank you Montana's! Well done.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Brisbane, Australia
“Great Ribs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

The atmosphere was really great, our waitress Ashley was really friendly and helpful and the Beef Ribs with Apple Butter Sauce were really tender and literally fell off the bone.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Good food, close to hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Good food if you like meat. Close to our hotel. Nice place and friendly staff. Fast service. Kids friendly

Visited December 2013