“Loud, dark and noisey” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Dessert, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
N Dartmouth MA
“Loud, dark and noisey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We wanted to go to this restaurant to celebrate our anniversary. I made a reservation online for 6:30 on a Sunday night. We were hoping to get a table near the window overlooking the falls. That didn't happen. Although we could see the falls, I have to stretch my neck to do so. Our waitress was very friendly and helpful. She explained that their beef is aged 21 days before they serve it. We each had a drink, my husband a beer and I had a mixed drink. We started off with a caesar salad. We were going to get the salad a la cart but our waitress said to make it a combo which was the salad, your meal with mixed vegetables and potatoes. My husband chose the top sirloin which he said was excellent. I had the prime rib. Although it was good, it wasn't great. I've had better. The mashed potatoes were good and the mixed vegetables were average. My husband also got one more beer. The place is large and very noisey. It is also dark inside. Almost too dark to see the menu. We paid 135.00 with tip for a two meals, plus a couple drinks. I don't think that it was worth it. The food was good but I know I wouldn't return.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Czech first
Mississauga, Canada
“Great food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

IWe love eating at the keg. It is bvy far the very best place to have steak and loaded pototo. Their fresh bread is second to none. Will go back there again this week-end!!

Visited October 2012
EVANSTON
“9th floor of the Embassy Suites Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Fantastic food! The windows all face the falls. The service is excellent. A bit pricey but worth it. (Also, you don't have to have drinks and dessert!) Be sure to make reservations as early as possible and ask to sit by the window!

Visited October 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Wonderful food and ambiance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Be sure to get a reservation - then you will get a view at the window of the falls. Great view of the Canadian falls from The Keg restaurant. The food was excellent, the bacon-wrapped filet was cooked to perfection. However, be prepared for $100/person with drinks. They have a great wine selection as well. Overall, a great meal with a great view!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sarnia, Canada
“Wonderful food, staff & view!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Peter

My wife & I recently stayed at the Embassy Suites Hotel with a travel package which included vouchers to your restaurant.
I would just like to let you know that our experience at the Keg was top notch on all 3 evenings.
For our Tuesday & Wednesday meals, we were looked after by a terrific young gentleman by the name of Paul. He is definitely an asset to your business.
Paul was very knowledgeable regarding the menu and food preparation details. We were so impressed with his pleasant demeanour and service, we request a table with him for our second dinner seating. Again, he added measurably to our dining experience at the Keg.
On our third and final dinner we had the pleasure of being looked after by Stephanie (Paul's day off).
Stephanie also provided excellent service and was very pleasant throughout our final evening.
Too often, customers only express complaints and disappointments regarding their experiences with businesses.
I just wanted you to know how much we enjoyed the food & service while visiting your restaurant during our stay.

Regards,