“Sensational is an understatement” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Canyon Creek is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 460 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Entertaining clients, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Dessert, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Fallsview and Murray Hill
Description: Canyon Creek Chophouse offers a casual and elegant atmosphere for lunch, dinner or late-night dining that is simply perfect.We are open every day. Monday: Noon - Midnight Tuesday: Noon - Midnight Wednesday: Noon - MidnightThursday: Noon - Midnight Friday: Noon - 1a.m. Saturday: Noon - 1 a.m.Sunday: Noon - Midnight
Canada
“Sensational is an understatement”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Amazing service from Vesna. A great view of the falls courtesy of the hostess. Amazingly prepared steak courtesy of the guy/girl who tossed my meat on the grill. Perfection really. My only two complaints? The vegetable side of asparagus consisted of three lonely spears. And my creme brule had cranberries in it. That's my fault for not reading the dessert menu and ordering creme brule on a whim. So I'm still giving it 5 stars. Here's a tip for you. Make a reservation using OpenTable on your iPhone/Android/Whatever you use. I made my reservation mid-afternoon. People who showed up at the time of our reservation (6:45pm) waited 45 minutes without a reservation.

Thorold, Canada
“Good Food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Ate here over Valentine's day weekend. The service was fantastic, and the food was good. My boyfriend and I both had steak cooked medium and it came out perfect. I had steak with creamy mashed potatoes ... the plates could maybe use a little something extra, some veggies or something ... because the plate looked a little bare with a 7oz steak and some potatoes, but the food was still delicious! We also had a fantastic view of the falls.

Toronto, Canada
“Frozen Falls...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

The service was outstanding as I was one of the few customers in the restaurant... the hot fresh baked bread at the beginning is so good I ate it all by myself! My double cooked chicken with gravy was good but a little on the dry side. Would go for the steak next time. View was incredible. Coloured lights shining on the frozen falls, both American and Canadian. A good selection of Canadian wines (Niagara) which was nice to see. If I didn't eat all the bread I would have enjoyed dessert. Will be back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“So Called Cedar Plank Salmon???????”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

It was our first visit to Canyon Creek Chophouse and stopped in for a drink at the bar. There was a nice young man who was our bartender and he was extremely attentive and pleasant. After our drinks, we decided to be seated in the dining room for just a burger and fries, so we thought. However, after reading the menu, we had decided to order the cedar plank salmon and the filet mignon dinner entrees. The filet mignon was fine, but overpriced. The cedar plank salmon was a joke. It was an expensive piece of dryed out and overcooked grilled salmon ($25.95) served on top of a charred piece of plank. Apparently, they wanted it to appear, as if it was cooked on the cedar plank which it wasn't. There was no flavor of cedar at all and as I mentioned earlier, dry and overcooked. We might give Canyon Creek Chophouse another try, but we will only order BURGERS and FRIES.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Peterborough, Canada
“Most Beautiful Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

The location and view was breathtaking. We enjoyed a fabulous meal overlooking the falls and a park. We had a party of 6 and everyone enjoyed their meal. The Caesar salad was excellent, steaks were cooked to perfection and lobster was, well let’s just say awesome. Most entrées were between $25 and $50. The crème Brule was yummy and was actually very in-expensive priced at only $3.99. We will definitely go there again next time we visit Niagara Falls.

• Visited January 2014