“The WOW Factor” 5 of 5 stars
Review of B-Jays Kitchen Bar

B-Jays Kitchen Bar
8221 Cummington Square East, Niagara Falls, Ontario L2G 6W1, Canada (Formerly B Jays Family Restaurant)
+1 905-295-3476
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
“The WOW Factor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

aaI have returned to this secret little spot for numerous years. Being from the UK and having travelled around the world more than 50 times over, I can honestly say it is by far my favourite Cafe or as the Canucks say diner restaurant. Just a short little drive from the view of the Falls hidden in this quaint hamlet is this truly delicious spot. It may not be large however; by British standards it far exceeds most cafes in size. It has been owned and operated by the same family for many years and I have had the pleasure of seeing 3 generations working, socializing and befriending all their customers making them feel like they belonged and were one of the family. From the first moment my wife and I stepped in there, Tessi came running to greet us and saw us to our table, her sister Gina came and took our order but from the very beginning they were all smiles and curious about where we came from and if we enjoyed our stay. As we were not well versed on what would be best they suggested the chicken souvlaki for my wife and New York Steak for me. Well, being an ex butcher and lover of meats I thought I had gone to heaven and died. It was the best meal we have had in any of our travels. We loved it so much that we returned every evening while we stayed in Niagara. We soon felt part of the family getting to know Momma and Poppa Tessi and Gina, and Dimitri. We can even say that the grandchildren are all friendly, inviting, well mannered and knowledgeable. It is no wonder why we have made this our destination of choice for countless years. We have just returned from one of our countless vacations to Niagara and now we see that the 3rd generation is taking over what a delight it is for us to see young Constantine taking his flight into the family business and adding his twist to make this continue for at least another generation.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Canada
“Nothing Special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Decided to try this place after seeing all the positive reviews on Tripadvisor. We were surprised on arrival to see that the place is not as big as it looks on the outside. We ordered chicken parm. and the greek souvlaki dinner, and were disappointed in the lack of flavours with the souvlaki dish as well as the portion size of the chicken for the parm. Not impressed by the server wearing outdoor sports attire - does not match the image this restaurant seems to be wanting to portray. A good location - but better options are out there.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Friendly Chef & Excellent Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

The family atmosphere alone was enough to capture our attention, and then the food but us over the edge. Felt like we were getting a warm welcome home even though WE were the tourists.

Visited March 2013
Mississauga, Canada
“Great food - family restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

i was with my family , served by owner and food was very tasty. we order lamb , calamari , fish and souvlaki. Tsasiki was great too.Fpr sure will recomand and come again.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Fantastic family restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

To try something new this year, my family and I decided to celebrate new year's dinner away from the busy Lundy's Lane/Cliffton Hills area. Luckily we did as there was traffic getting into the area at around the dinner hour! We went to this restaurant strictly based on Tripadvisor reviews of Niagara Falls restaurants.This restaurant is a few minutes drive from the Canadian side of the Falls, opposite side of the tourist areas. For New Year's eve, they had a set menu - for my wife and I with two young kids, we decided to share three dinner sets - 2 Surf and Turf and 1 Rack of Lamb. The food was awesome! Plenty of garlic bread and bruchetta, the vinaigrette salad was fantastic, the kids enjoyed the carrot cake dessert! This night, they had a fine dining menu with still a family comfort service. At the end of our meals, they even offered us complimentary Ouzo shots! After dinner, it only took us 5 mins to drive to the parking lot near the Falls and celebrate New Year's with Nelly Furtado and Hedley! Thank you Tess for the wonderful evening!

Visited December 2012