“Sick after eating there” 1 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #66 of 452 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Cuisines: Seafood, Canadian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Niagara Falls, Canada
“Sick after eating there”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Since we are located in Niagara Falls Ontario we went there June 10 / 2014 for my 60th birthday. My parents are 87 and 89 and they picked the place to take my son and I for supper. My son ordered chicken fingers and the 3 of us ordered fish, that was a very bad choice. The batter was dark and not a good colour, that indicates that the oil needed to be changed. The 3 of us felt sick all night long. My 87 year old Mother sat up in her chair most of the night for fear of getting sick and not getting to the washroom on time. My Dad and I felt sick also, I won't go into the details of what we went through. We certainly will not forget my 60th birthday thanks to your fish diner.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

“Home cooking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

We have a family of eight so we have to watch the price. This was amazing place for the price and the food was like home cooking. The service is great and lot of parking,would go their agin.

Visited June 2014
“Great, family type environment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

We had dinner here with our family after our quickie Niagara Falls wedding!
Great family atmosphere, wait staff was friendly and efficient. Mostly deep fried/homestyle cooking. The serving sizes are huge. I barely ate a quarter of my entrée.
The parking is ample as is the space in the dining room.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Port Colborne, Canada
“60th Birthday Party @ Betty's”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

I was recently at Betty's for the first time for a 60th Birthday Party. I have to say that the food was good but the service of the waitresses was soething to be desired. I have never seen such rudeness and unprofessionalism towards customers. these waitresses are obviously in the wrong profession or have never worekd a large party. I will think twice before returning and that's unfortunate.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Napanee, Canada
“full page ad in the yellow pages.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

It is a large restaurant with lots of parking. The fish and chips are good. If you order a steak and ask for it well done, it arrives about medium.

Their prices are better than most places in Niagara Falls plus you get to eat in a nice restaurant with lots of parking.

The restaurant has a full page ad in the yellow pages which is helpful. That is how I found the restaurant.

If you go to Niagara Falls and are tired of crowded places and high prices, try this restaurant.

The portions are very good.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere