“Great Food & Great Service” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #66 of 452 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Cuisines: Seafood, Canadian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Port Colborne, Canada
“Great Food & Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We came here for Easter dinner with a very large group of 16 people - 13 adults and 3 children. I have to say I was very impressed. I've eaten here before, and always found the food to my liking. It's good, home-cooked type stuff. Bettys is known mostly for fish and chips, but it has a good variety. On this stop I decided to have the steak dinner - a 10 ounce New York strip with scalloped potatoes and beans. I have no complaints about any of it. The steak was perfectly cooked, just as I asked, and the potatoes and beans were fine as well. Bettys is famous for lemon meringue pie (with heaping meringue on top.) Unfortunately I'm not really big on lemon meringue pie. I do, however, like coconut cream pie, so I ordered that. Again - very good. The food was top notch as far as I'm concerned. What really impressed me was the service, though. The waitresses were friendly and willing to joke around, and handled our large group (divided into 6 different bills) very efficiently. There was no preset menu (you know, our group could choose from among 3 meals, or something like that.) We ordered whatever we wanted off the regular menu, and the service was fast and the portions were good. The 3 children all seemed to enjoy their meals. My daughter cleaned up a whole heaping plate of penne, when she usually leaves at least some behind. The place is very child-friendly. It was an altogether enjoyable visit. There's nothing I would really criticize.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Hamilton
“Great Fish 'n Chips”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

This is one of the best fish and chip dinners I ever had. Busy, busy place, but follow the buses they do know where to go...

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Beamsville, Canada
“grease city”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

WAY too greasy. I was sick all afternoon after going here. The fish was fairly tasty but far too greasy. The rest of the meal was good. Service was ok, not great by any means

Visited March 2013
New Dundee, Canada
“I've Had Better Here”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This is a good family restaurant.

On a previous visit I was impressed by the crispy, light presentation of their Fish & Chips. I was not so impressed on this visit. I think they should be turning up the temperature on their oil a little. The chips could have used some crunch. The fish, while it was cooked, would have benefited from a hotter oil by having a little more crunch in the batter.

The coleslaw that came with the meal was very good and was a large serving.

While the Sunday Brunch seemed to have a lot of interest we chose off the menu. Perhaps we should have tried the brunch.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Tillsonburg, Canada
“home made goodness”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Second time here while in the area. Always busy. locals love the place. If you go you must have pie for dessert. Very seldom do we stay for dessert but here you must. Most amazing coconut cream pie.

• 4 of 5 stars Food