“Wow!!!! Real Japanese food!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery
Cambridge, Ontario
“Wow!!!! Real Japanese food!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is amazing! I lived in Japan for 10 years, and I was amazed at how diverse the menu is! Of course, there is the typical fusion for for the Groupon menus, but if you go a la carte, there is food you do not normally find in "Canadian" Japanese restaurants! Of course, you have to know what you are ordering, which is perhaps why others have been disappointed. For anyone who misses REAL Japanese food, make the trip!!!

• Visited April 2013

Pittsford, New York
“Excellent Sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Went here for a business dinner and sat at the sushi bar. Excellent sushi with a very informative sushi chef that engaged in just enough banter to make good recomendations. I love sushi but don't consider myself an "expert" by any means, but this place was one of the best I've ever been to.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Does being Japanese make your sushi taste better?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Unfortunately, I was absolutely let down by this restaurant though it was rated in the top ten on trip advisor. I eat a lot at restaurants, especially sushi, and I don't mind whatever I pay but that I get quality food or at least adequaty good tasting food. . The sushi here was nothing special whatsoever, the garden salad though simple tasted aweful. I ordered a teriyaki salmon that was salted enough to hide the fact it was not fresh and poorly cooked. The sushi was not fresh neither old but was something that I would buy from a supermarket. . After I was done I did not even bother for dessert, in fact I did not even bother taking half of the food that was left home as it was not even worth eating "fresh". I paid $60 for dinner for 2 and I had to be honest and told them that the food was not good at all and as I was from Hamilton and also eat at restaurants in Mississauga and Toronto I said for the owner to try some of the more exceptional sushi restaurants such as Spring Sushi and Kampai in Hamilton, Sakkai in Burlington, etc. But that the waitress insisted that they were a Sushi restaurant with Japanese owners as if that justified how horrible their food and service was though they had the same typical menu as any other common sushi restaurant in Canada! If this is the best rated sushi in Niagara then don't bother eating sushi at all! Instead just go for some good Italian at either Bravo or Antica. The only reason restaurants like these survive is because of the tourists that come and eat only once and never come back ~

In the event you are able to visit other cities, here are some of the best places to eat in and out of Niagara Falls:

Best Sushi:

• 1 of 5 stars Food
toronto
“Very good sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

The sushi was very fresh, wehad the susho boat; the salmon and tuna were amazing!! meltedin your mouth; glad we came here!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Our Favourite Restaurant in Niagara Falls”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

This is our prefered restaurant in Niagara Falls and we go there every time we are in town. It is located on the second floor of an older building not far from the downtown area. The food is excellent and the service is very good. We like the atmosphere and enjoy every visit. We would highly recommend Taki.

• Visited March 2013