“Do not waste your money on this hotel!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Emerald Crown Hotel

You added Emerald Crown Hotel to your Saves list
Emerald Crown Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5807 Ferry Street, Niagara Falls, Ontario L2G 1S8, Canada   |
Ranked #35 of 137 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Tiverton, Rhode Island
“Do not waste your money on this hotel!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My boyfriend and I got a groupon for the Wyndham for Friday night, April 25th. We decided to stay another night in Niagara, but could not stay at the Wyndham due to the higher price for a Saturday. We found the Emerald hotel, and it was about $88 US, $100 Canadian. Check in literally took close to 45 minutes. The girls checking us in were not a problem, but there seemed to be a problem with booking through Expedia. They charged me twice, on top of the $200 security deposit they put on my credit card. My boyfriend and I couldn't have imagined taking 45 minutes of our time to check in at a complete dump.
When we got to the room, we were greeted by a horrible neon green bedspread, and curtains. The shower made a loud screeching noise the entire time, and the TV made an explosion noise when turned on. WiFi was extremely limited. The bed was hard was a rock. Upon checking out, the woman at the desk, who I am pretty sure was the manager, was unfriendly and couldn't be bothered. Didn't ask us how our night was, probably because she knew it was awful. I believe her name was Laura. Would have spent $50 more to stay somewhere that wasn't a hole.
When I got home, I noticed a rash on my arm. Legitimately think it was from bed bugs. I'd like to ask for my money back, but know those things don't happen with low budget hotels like this. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
ECH_GM, General Manager at Emerald Crown Hotel, responded to this review, 6 days ago
We are so very sorry that you were not happy with your stay. We sincerely apologize for the delay at check in. We try very hard to be expedient with our check in process and when we failed, we did compensate by removing one of your parking fees. However, sometimes the system can cause a delay although we try our best. Our hotel has been newly renovated and inspected and definitely does not have bed bugs. Green is our signature colour. We are sorry if the colour was displeasing to you. Had we known about the noise issues, we would have had our maintenance try to remedy the problem. You were not checked out by the manager, but if you would like to further discuss your stay please contact the hotel directly.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Laval, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Went to Niagara in April 2015 for the Cheerleading Nationals competitions. We stayed at the Emerald Crown hotel for 3 nights, it was the best decision we made staying here. Well priced, hotel was very clean and the staff were amazing, very friendly and going out of there way to accommodate their guests. We will definitely stay at this hotel upon our return to Niagara.
Tina K

Room Tip: We chose higher floor
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
ECH_GM, General Manager at Emerald Crown Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us at the Emerald Crown Hotel, Niagara Falls. It is our goal to make our guests feel welcome. It is wonderful to hear that we succeeded once more! We do hope you will return and visit with us again soon!
Cairo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2015

The room was great, except for the noisy old heating system (that you can turn off and problem solved). The breakfast was poor. Everything else was OK, very clean. A good place to spend a night to visit the falls.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
ECH_GM, General Manager at Emerald Crown Hotel, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
We appreciate your feedback and are glad that you enjoyed your visit. We use all of our customer comments to fine tune our operations. We hope you will return to stay with us in the near future!
Brampton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2015

We had good time at this hotel! From booking, check-in, restaurant service to check-out, our entire stay was so relax! We even had used a party room for 2 days without extra cost! The rooms were beautiful and newly renovated. The best thing was the excellent customer service, Of course the food was fresh and delicious and also had very special price for our group.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Emerald Crown hotel Niagara Falls, Ont. We pride ourselves on our great guest service! Please come enjoy another wonderful time with us in the near future! We look forward to having you!
Barrie, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2015

I stayed at this hotel back in October. The rooms were actually a lot nicer then I expected them to be. It was very clean and the staff were friendly. If you want to be closer to everything on cliffton hill I suggest maybe not staying here as its up more on lundy's lane. Only downside is the 200 hundred dollar safety deposit they require upon checking in. I've been to more expensive hotels that didn't even charge that much for the safety deposit.

• Stayed October 2014
Joe M, General Manager at Emerald Crown Hotel, responded to this review, February 27, 2015
Hello,

Thank you for review!
I will be happy to look into this issue and see if we can make it reasonable.

I welcome you back anytime and please feel free to contact me before you make your reservation.

Kind Regards,

Joe.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2015

Exceeded my exactions for the price
Nice stay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The location was great too and stuff were friendly ... Overall it was wonderful weekend at the hotel . Also is very quite...the hotel parking was a bit expensive but we found something for $5 in the back of the hotel . The price should go down a bit jez ....

• Stayed February 2015
Hello,

Thank you for your review and I appreciate the feedback.

I will be more than happy to look into the parking fee and make it more reasonable.
On your next visit, please contact me directly and I will be happy to work something out due to this issue.

Kind regards,

Joe.
Guelph, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2015

It was my fiance's surprise 30th birthday and we had planned to go on a beer and wine tour in Niagara falls. The tour bus was supposed to leave from another location but the manager Joe called the tour company and had negotiated for them to pick us up from their hotel parking lot. They also opened the restaurant just for us to have lunch before we went on the tour and gave my fiance a free beer for his birthday. On top of that they upgraded us to the honeymoon suite at no extra cost. The rooms were clean, and the price was fair. It was only about a ten minute walk from the casino. I would definitely recommend the hotel based on excellent customer service alone! Thanks Joe!

• Stayed January 2015
Hello Stephanie,

It was a pleasure to have all of you here at the Emerald Crown Hotel. I am glad that everyone had a great time and we welcome you anytime.

I wish you all the best for 2015 and please feel free to contact me for future visits.

Kind regards,

Joe

Been to Emerald Crown Hotel? Share your experiences!