“Fantastic Italian Meal” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Nebraska
“Fantastic Italian Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

The first thing I learned by eating at this restaurant is something that most people will never learn - it will be worth your while to leave "the strip" along the falls and go into town. Our concierge suggested this place and, even though we had our own car, the restaurant would provide a free taxi both to and from the restaurant.
We arrived and were greeted by Nancy who was both our hostess and our waitress. She was great. She treated us as though we were in her home. Nancy informed us that the restaurant was owned and operated by a mother and her two sons. The mother and one son did all the cooking, with obvious attention to detail. We ordered the special dinner for two, at a rather steep price of $119.00 It included, however, some specially baked bread for starters. Then she served us a fantastic salad, garnished with crunchy shoe string potatoes, with an oil and vinaigrette salad. Then we were served ravioli and veal Parmesan, followed by four giant flayed shrimp. Then came a chicken stuffed with asparagus which was delicious. This was all topped off by a strawberry flambe desert, prepared at our table.

I just can't say enough for this meal. We had the Cabernet/merlot house wine, which was also very good. Nancy even threw in some chicken noodle soup (which we didn't need but enjoyed nevertheless.) The meal was expensive (but not as expensive as the previous night at the hotel in Niagara, which was definitely not as good.)

Go into downtown Niagara. It was worth it!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Wildwood
“Very good service and food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

We were in Niagara Falls on a friends anniversary and highly enjoyed our stay. One of the very good restaurants we went to was the Casa Mia. We were there on Sunday evening and were a little worried at first because there was only one other large party there. We ordered a round of drinks. Good but expensive. Then we ordered the Fixed dinner menu. We had a cup of chicken soup that was very good and was very tasty. The Salad was nothing any good restaurant wouldn't serve. I did not care for the dressing felt it tasteless. We were serve a brochette dish that was exceptional! We also had bread that definitely was not up to the good Italian bread I am used to having. The entrée was plentiful and superb especially the Veal Parm which was the best I have ever eaten. Next time I would order only the veal parm dish it was so owsome. The Ravioli were two delicious and big. They were perfect with this mean loved them. Next was 5 beautiful sized grilled shrimp. They were good. Last was the Rolled chicken breast stuffed with Asparagras and very flavorful cheese. This dish was my least favorite. The chicken was not sliced thin and seemed to be just a rolled up chicken breast. The dinner was finished up with a strawberry flambé over vanilla ice cream with a Sambuca sauce. The price was a little high but the quality was very good.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Niagara Falls, Canada
“Special treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Have been here many times, the experience is always consistently great!
Casa Mia is close to where we live and has become a favourite of ours particularly for special celebrations.
Everything about this dining experience is well done - the food, the service, the staff, the bar, the ambiance, it is all great. Owned and run by a local family who know how to treat you well!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Young Harris, Georgia
“Very good to great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

Located a fair distance from the city of Niagara Falls you might debate whether to venture out that far for a meal. But no worries, Casa Mia provides free taxi service both ways! (Don't forget to tip your driver). Is the travel time worth it? Yep. The place is beautiful by any comparison and spectacular for Niagara. The service was friendly and prompt, like being treated by a family member. The food was great and nice little extras like a sample of soup, and sorbet between courses raised the level of our experience from good to great. The pasta is home made, the veal is good and the desserts were first class. Don't miss this place. 8 1/2 out of ten!

Visited May 2014
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Just because...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

I love Casa Mia, I even had my wedding there in Dec.2013. After three terrible meals in Niagara Falls, at restos claiming to be "above average", I thought I should come on here to make an official claim…Casa Mia is the only really good restaurant in Niagara Falls. I'm a bit spoiled in Toronto with too many great restos to choose from each week but I can say without a doubt that Casa Mia is of that caliber -- pay a little more and eat here instead of being disappointed and frustrated like I've been spending considerable money at inferior places in this city. I'm always up for supporting local restos but it's never been so disappointing (or has it). I've decided that I will stick with CM from now on, there's something to be said for consistency and a kitchen who knows how to balance classics with food that reflect the times.

• Visited May 2014