“Just plain terrible” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Carpaccio Restaurant & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 451 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Dorchester Rd
Description: Located in the heart of Niagara Falls. Carpaccio (named for Renaissance painter Vittore Carpaccio) offers a 7500 square foot facility featuring contemporary Italian sophistication with just a hint of Californian flair. Mediterranean earth tones and oversized floral arrangements along with painstaking attention to detail has resulted in a stimulating and elegant restaurant capturing the true essence of sunny Italy.Freshness, quality, simplicity, and authenticity are themes that constantly surface here at Carpaccio. The extensive menu is a unique blend of traditional and contemporary Italian cuisine with a thought to pleasing even the most discriminative diner. Whether it be a family get together, an intimate dinner or a large gathering, Carpaccio has all the ingredients to ensure your visit is a success.
Toronto
“Just plain terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

Went in for lunch two weeks before Christmas and from the lackluster greeting at the front door to the presentation of the bill, the whole experience was dreary. We ordered a calamari with a Caesar salad and a bruschetta to follow. The server asked me disbelievingly ":you want a bruschetta to follow the calamari?", as though I had asked for my bruschetta to be deep-fried or something.

The calamari arrived minus most of the flour coating which lay scattered around the plate.. No marinade detected, no seasoning in the coating, result is a tasteless dish.The bruschetta arrived as a bowl of chopped tomato basil and garlic surrounded by dry slices of toast...no garlic rub, nothing. The bruschetta mix was not seasoned at all and after a few attempts at eating chopped tomato on dry, tasteless white toast, I just gave up. The Caesar salad I'm told was fine, but then you can't really mess up a salad. The presentation of the salad looked good also.

The server removed our uneaten calamari and my uneaten bruschetta without any comment or inquiry. The bill was presented and, quite against the new regulations on credit card transactions, my credit card was taken somewhere else in the restaurant and swiped at a remote machine.

As we left, the two cooks standing in the exposed cooking area simply watched us as we walked by....no goodbye, no thank you. A fitting end to a poor, poor experience.

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Port Colborne, Canada
“Went once before renovations and food was great. Never again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Went there once before it was renovated(perhaps new owners?) Went back in 2012 for daughter's birthday. We had small three year old with us. Noone was there and yet we stood in the lobby for fifteen minutes before a snotty, person came and seated us(male). Then we waited again for another fifteen minutes before a waitress brought our menus. Specifically asked for some crackers for the little one and her meal first. Never got either and the adult meals start coming out after a lengthy wait. Everyone's but mine Chicken Parm. Still waiting and they are almost done. Not overly apologetic waitress either. The food was mediocre and tasted frozen, canned and unlike the food I had the first time. Huge disappointment and would never go back there! Those people who think the food is delicious must eat at Mcdonalds the rest of the time!

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
niagara falls
“Delicious as usual!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

The food has been great every time that I have been here. The service is friendly and accommodating, to the degree that I asked for a side of risotto with my lamb and they made it for me!!! It's difficult to choose just one main to order! lol

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Best Pasta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Dined here the 2 nights we were in Niagara, large, modern and served Stella. Apparently voted best overall restaurant a number of times. The tomato sauce was excellent, the portions are quite large and every mouthful a treat. Chicken and sausage one night and fish the next, both great. Approx $65/70 for main course for 2 with a couple of drinks and the obligatory tip ( obviously a must in the USA and Canada). Also served excellent bread at no extra charge. Recommended

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great food, great service, and affordable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

To be fair, I have to say upfront, that I work with the taxi company that supplies the complimentary shuttle service for Carpaccio Italian Ristorante.

That said, I transport a great number of passengers from this restaurant on a daily basis. I always ask my passengers how their experience was, no matter where I pick them up. I can honestly say that I have never heard a negative comment about Carpaccio.

Passenger after passenger tells me how good the food and service are, and how affordable it is compared to the other many dining options here in Niagara Falls. After hearing this day after day, I finally decided to give it a try. Boy, am I glad I did, because they were right! I've had the pleasure to visit Carpaccio as a customer, 4 to 5 times now with coworkers, friends and family. Whether it's their spaghetti and meatballs, four cheese fettuccine Alfredo, chicken Parmesan, or meat lovers pizza, we've never been disappointed. The food is delicious, service is great, price is reasonable, and Danny the GM is a hoot! You simply have to visit and experience it for yourself. They'll even give you a free ride home.

• Visited November 2013