We drove to Niagara Falls from our home in Albany, New York. We arrived on Friday and stayed through Monday. No problem at all getting through the border into Canada. We arrived in the late afternoon and were quickly checked in by a very courtious and friendly yound man. We had reserved online and were given a 7th floor room as requested. The room had a very nice view of surroundings with a slight view of the horseshoe falls( a bigger view at the end of the hall). We got a AAA rate which saved some $. The desk staff was very friendly, helpful and relaxed. They did not give us any hard sell or try to push any attraction. We asked about Antica Pizza (hightly reccomended by me!!) the first night and the man googled it to get us directions. We also asked about ice cream and he was honest about not having tryed any but he reccomended 2 places that other quests liked ( try the gelato place up the road across from the hotel restaurant). We had a standard double bed room which was clean, large, comfortable( one of the best hotel beds I've ever slept in). I saw some dirt on the carpet but it had a very nice foot feel. The shower curtain could be a little bigger but thats a small detail. My kids 10 and 11, LOVED the pool and esp. the hot tub. Our whole family relaxed in the hot tub after walking all day around the falls. The breakfast was plentiful with sausage, eggs, delicious yogurt, sm. pastries,breads for toasting, plenty of coffee,cereal etc.. I reccomend eating early 7:00 or late 10:00 if you want to be sure to get a table. Otherwise you can bring food to your room or wait a while. A large group of girl scouts was staying there at the time of our stay and many families with young children. We could hear some noise from other rooms btwn 10:00 and 11:00 pm. but it wasn't excessive and we had no prob. falling asleep. We loved our room but we heard another guest requesting to be moved with no problem at all. Parking is $6 a day fair for this area where all is $$$. Wear comrfortable shoes and you can walk everywhere. We did , including back to the NY side over the wonderful rainbow bridge. My kids loved the view! If you are prepared to walk you can get to the falls quickly. This hotel is close to everything but removed enough from the touristy feel of Clifton Hill. My son need some batteries for his digital camera. The store on the tourist strip was charging $7 for 2 batteries. We asked the desk staff for directions to Walmart in the "real" part of town. We went to a local store Zellers instead and got a large pack of batteries, some nice Canada tee-shirts, Canadian chocolate bars etc. for much less and better quality than in tourist shop. I would recommend this hotel to families for a great trip to the falls!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the New Country Inn & Suites in Niagara Falls. Located in the heart of the tourist district and across the street from Casino Niagara. Only a short walk to the natural wonder of the Falls and Clifton Hill...."the street of fun at the falls." This 100% non-smoking hotel can meet all your needs with our comfortable rooms, free deluxe continental breakfast, free high speed internet and large indoor pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Carlson, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Country Inn & Suites Niagara Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites Niagara Falls Hotel Niagara Falls
- Country Inn And Suites Niagara Falls
- Country Inn Niagara Falls
- Niagara Falls Country Inn