“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites Niagara Falls

Save Saved
You added Country Inn & Suites Niagara Falls to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites Niagara Falls
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5525 Victoria Ave, Niagara Falls, Ontario L2G 2L3, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #5 of 139 hotels in Niagara Falls
Fayetteville, New York
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

This hotel chain is excellent. The location was very accessible from the interstate. Clean, comfortable and staff was very helpful. The comp breakfast is very good, with a good variety. Would highly recommend.

1,074 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Dover,, NewJersey, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Went to Niagara Falls on the Canadian side. Read through reviews on Trip Advisor and picked this. Glad I did.

Pros:
- Location: Less then 5 mins. from Rainbow Bridge border crossing in the beginning of the Clifton Hill tourist area. Only 100 yards from a WEGO blue line bus stop. (Note: 2 bus lines in Niagara Falls: WEGO is for tourists and stays in the tourist area; very nice.. the other, Niagara Transit is for locals). Less than 15 minute walk to the falls area.
- Staff: Extremely friendly and helpful. They keep a stack of a local tourist map & will help you find your way around for different restaurants & other points of interest.
- Internet: Good & Free. It reached my room on the 5th floor.
- Continental Breakfast: Included & you will need it. Canada has a nasty 13% sales tax on anything that moves. I'm not one to be cheap on vacation, but in this case you need to take advantage of this.

Cons:
-No safe in the room. But the neighborhood is very safe.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Regina, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

The room we had was a queen suite and was located across from the casino. You can walk to the casino and go through it so that you don't have to contend with the hills. It is about a 10-15 minute walk to the Falls. Knowing about the casino is great in case it is raining (which it was for us) and took off a lot of blocks.

The hotel room had a nice sitting area with a computer table. Our room had a nice view (not water) and for the price, it was a terrific spot to stay without spending too much.

There is plenty of parking (which is $8 per night).

The people at the front desk were very friendly and gave us a lot of good information.

All in all, my husband and I thought we chose the correct hotel and its location.

Cambridge, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

My wife & I stay two nights in a whirlpool suite on the 6th floor the room was excellent the staff are great the breakfast bar was well stocked.and its only about 4 blocks to the fall and very close to the Clffton Hill District. We would stay here again.

N Dartmouth MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed here for three nights while celebrating our anniversary. Sure we could have stayed at the Hilton or Embassy Suites but chose this hotel due to the good value and reviews on TA. We were not disappointed.
Front desk staff was really friendly and very helpful with suggestions on where to eat or places to go. We had a king suite on the sixth floor. I did have a view of the Rainbow Bridge and the American side. There was quite a bit of traffic noise which I am not used to. You may want to ask for a room in the back.

Our room was clean and very large. I didn't care for the old tv's. Like one reviewer said, flat screen tv's are cheap. Why they still have tv's that old is beyond me. Another thing that I wanted to tell the front desk staff about and my husband told me not to, was the old, flat pillows on the bed. They were horrible. Good thing with a king bed we had four pillows. I had to put three together to make a decent pillow. I guess I should have asked for something better.The bed was pretty comfortable.
Our maid's name was Patricia. I usually tip the maid every night. In all my years traveling, I have never received a thank you for a tip that I had left. She wrote me a note, thanking me and wishing me a good night. I am big on manners and I thought that was great!

This hotel has a nice breakfast area. They have the standard breakfast fare. It was decent.

I found this hotel to be a good value in the price you pay for the room plus it's only 8.00 a night to park compared to the other more expensive hotels which charge 25.00 to 35.00 a night to park. It's within walking distance of the major attractions if you can walk. What I mean by that is if you have no health ailments that prevent you from walking a mile or so then it really isn't bad. We easily walked to everything and enjoyed looking around. I had no issues with the free wi-fi.

I would definitely stay here again. Maybe they will renovate but all and all it was still great the way it is. I am not into old hotels and I didn't find it like that at all.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back if street noise is a problem for you.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

The staff was very nice and welcoming but that's where it ended. We stayed for 2 nights in a suite. The breakfast the 1 st morning was good but not the second morning. There were 2 sweet choices - French toaste and waffles. - and nothing savory like eggs or potatoes.Both days the only meat was sausage. The room was ok until you went in the bathroom , to quote,my daughter "oh,this is gross" the bath tub looked dirty and it appeared there was mildew 1/4 of the way up the shower surround. Not a pleasant site. Housekeeping did come but all they did was make the bed. No trash taken, the dirty coffe pot was left and no supplies were restocked.

The location was good and the overall atmosphere was appealing.

I would not stay here again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Beersheba, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Country Inn and Suites is a 3 star hotel. Located not far from the main street, within walking distance of the falls is reasonable. Breakfast is good., And its nice to have free wi fi aii over the hotel. the staff was very kind and very helpful.Good value for Niagara Falls!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Country Inn & Suites Niagara Falls? Share your experiences!