“a truly wonderful experience ...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sterling Inn & Spa

Save Saved
You added Sterling Inn & Spa to your Saves list
Sterling Inn & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5195 Magdalen Street, Niagara Falls, Ontario L2G 3S6, Canada   |
Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #5 of 137 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Toronto, Canada
“a truly wonderful experience ...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

The Sterling Hotel is a boutique hotel that focuses on quiet and comfort. It's located right in the heart of Niagara Falls but is tucked away from the regular music pulsing, neon lit, over-populated pedestrian traffic of the regular 'big' hotel accommodations which one associates with Niagara Falls. The Inn was to be a stay to celebrate our anniversary and a birthday for me. It met our expectations well. Although one is greeted with an austere entrance when one first enters the hotel, the bedroom reflected an ambiance of calm, peace.and comfort. We had the luxury of a complimentary breakfast in bed, a working fireplace and a steam shower. The AG restaurant located within the hotel is open for dinner only. It offers fine food with class and style and well-mannered, accommodating wait service. There was a gracious and helpful desk manager (Barbara) who steered us towards local eateries when the AG was not open. Would we go again to this destination? ... in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Each of the bedrooms is different ... I had the opportunity to see three. I would have stayed in any...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Lindsay D, Manager at Sterling Inn & Spa, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Thank-you for your wonderful review about your recent stay with us at the Sterling Inn & Spa. We are delighted that you enjoyed your guest suite and that Barbara could be of such assistance to you. We look forward to extending our Sterling service to you on your next visit to Niagara.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We were very, very pleased with our three-day stay at Sterling Inn & Spa. It was nice it was off the main street so it was quiet, peaceful. The Staff were very polite and helpful; the rooms were spacious, clean and very comfortable. We had a wonderful time and we would return when the opportunity arises!!

Valerie B.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank-you for sharing about your recent stay at the Sterling Inn & Spa with the TripAdvisor community. We are glad that you were able to enjoy some peace and quite while at the Sterling Inn & Spa. We look forward to providing you with another retreat next time your travels take you to Niagara Falls.
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We had a gift certificate from my family to the Sterling Inn & Spa for our Honeymoon so we scheduled a couples massage.

It was easy to find and had lots of free parking. The spa was nicely designed and the decor and atmosphere was very relaxing.

The change rooms were clean and had lockers available for your valuables. My wife and I were attended by two male masseurs. The tables were comfortable but I feel that my massage was not as deep as I had hoped for and requested.

The massage style is definitely more of a Swedish relaxation massage than anything deeper.

The steam shower afterwards was the highlight of my visit and very cool.

Southfield, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I recently stayed here for a 2-year anniversary. First off, the shower "jets" were more like trickles. On our second day, the breakfast was missing items like butter for the bread and fruit. The safe wasn't working properly, so we left $230 in an envelope in the armoire. When it came up missing after the room was cleaned, the front desk staff and manager were less than helpful in searching for it, unconcerned with our inconvenience and even came across as accusatory towards my finace and I. They basically said I should have put it in the safe and when we realized it wasn't working, should have called them. If they never came to clean the shower jets, why would they come to fix the safe?!?! They basically said "we have your information and we'll call you if it comes up." We had to REQUEST to file a police report. Needless to say, I would NEVER recommend this place to anybody.

Georgetown, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Our room was huge. Not in the best part of town, close to the cheesey partss of Niagara in a neighbourhood off the strip on Victoria, its a bit of a walk to all the good stuff but doable. The hotel is nicely decorated, we got breakfast with our stay and for "boutique" it was a little lack luster. I think I read too much into the descriptions on the menu! My fault maybe, good sales job by the hotel? No room in the hotel has a great view. It's only two floors so you don't see much but buildings. During our stay a police office appeared to meeting an informant in the parking lot.....yeah! Overall, it was a nice couples retreat, had a huge Steam Shower which was just fantastic. Our bed was quite hard. My girlfriend felt like she had slept on a board the entire night. I love hard beds and it was a littel too much for me.

Room Tip: Get a 2nd floor room, better than being on the ground. regardless you will be surrounded by ashphal...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guests, Thank-you for your honest fed-back about your recent stay with us at the Sterling Inn & Spa. We appreciate knowing areas where we can improve your overall satisfaction with the Inn such as the complimentary Breakfast in Bed selections. It is good to hear that you enjoyed the in room steam shower. We look forward to extending our Sterling service to you on your next visit to Niagara.
Innisfil, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

My boyfriend and I had a gift card for the Sterling and sure glad we did because we loved it! We might not have tried it otherwise because it is a bit out of our price range, but I would definetly pay full price to stay again!
All the reviews are bang on..I have nothing to add. Service was great..rooms were spotless (huge!). Only thing I would suggest for the Sterling Inn is for them to have some sort of outdoor patio where the guests could sit outside and enjoy a cold beverage. We actually sat in the parking lot and enjoyed a few drinks and thought that maybe taking out some of the gardens and making them sitting areas would be fab.
We did not eat at the restaurant, so I can't comment on that. Ambiance looked lovely though.

PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

My wife and I have been going to Niagara Falls for years (since college). We always stay at the Sheraton on the Falls, which we've always enjoyed. This trip was pretty short notice so we thought we'd save some money and stay at the Sterling (we've also been turned onto boutique hotels over the last couple of years). Our room was huge and very trendy (dark floors, deep red on the walls, etc.). The bed was a little hard at first but didn't feel it once we laid down. I'm a sucker for a good bathroom and the sterling didn't disappoint. The shower was huge, tiled, glass walls, with multiple shower heads, and a steam function. We didn't have a tub, but I'm more than OK with that. The only complaint I have was that upon close inspection, the tile could use a good scrubbing/regrouting. The hotel is just a street over from the main drag, although beyond the hotel is a little bit of an iffy area. In short, we loved the hotel and staff and will be returning soon.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Sterling Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!