“mini getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sterling Inn & Spa

You added Sterling Inn & Spa to your Saves list
Sterling Inn & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5195 Magdalen Street, Niagara Falls, Ontario L2G 3S6, Canada   |
Special Offer
Stay Longer and Save!
Ranked #10 of 137 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Richmond Hill, Canada
“mini getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

stayed for 2 nights sept 23-25. let us check in 2 hours early plus gave us upgrade to a suite! lovely , very nice big bathroom, sitting area separate from bedroom . Carpets could use some attention to some major stains, but not a spec of dust anywhere . cozy, romantic , quite and clean. very nice breakfasts. We have stayed before and will stay again. Put on your walking shoes as it is a bit far from falls.

Room Tip: have stayed in both regular and suites. both spacious, both great.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

My wife and I spent one night at the Sterling Inn and Spa to celebrate our anniversary. This is one of the best hotels in the area. We had purchased a package deal that included one night accommodation, couples message in the spa, three course dinner for two and breakfast in bed the next morning. It was worth every penny. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel itself was very modern and well kept. The lobby was small but effective. We had ordered a king size room, which was the largest room I have stayed at at any hotel. The hotel seems to be a remodeled old factory or something. The designers refinished a lot of the old architectural points throughout the hotel and refreshed them. It makes for a great contrast to the very modern furnishings and deco. Are room had wood floors, open ceiling, which made it feel so open and luxurious. We had a wonderful gas fireplace, king sized bed, a seating area and a large balcony. The bathroom was spectacular with glass sink/counter, and floor to ceiling shower stall that hid a wonderful steam shower. The couples message in the spa, while only 30 minutes was effective. My wife used the spa for other services (facial and pedicure) and was very happy with the service, cleanliness and results. The best part of the package was the dinner. We were allowed to choose courses from a relatively large selection of options, which is unusual for a packaged dinner. The appetizer, while good, was just okay. The entrees we had were both extraordinary, and very filling. The desserts were also top notch. Service - spectacular and tailored to each guest. The brought us a candle on our dessert and a drink each on the house because we told them we were celebrating our anniversary. Its the little things!!! The only complaints I have are quite minor. We ordered the package online and requested a jacuzzi tub in our room. It did say requests arte not guaranteed. When we arrived for check in we restated our desire for a jacuaai room and were told it shouldnt be a problem. We didnt get a jacuzzi room but a steam shower, which was actually very nice. We arrived qt noon like we said we would, but our room wasnt ready until after three, This actually is pretty ridiculous, but it gave us time to walk to the falls. Other raters of this property were concerned about cleanliness. We had absolutely NO problems with this what so ever. We noted some chipped paint and scratches to finishes, some tears in carpets, things like that, but the place was not dirty at all. They could use a maintenance person to fix these little things to make the place stellar. The grounds needed some weeding and trimming as well. The location is NOT on the main strip, but just behind it. Only about 100 yards away. Location is NOT a concern at all, unless you want to stay right on the falls. But if you want to stay on the strip with attractions and restaurants, this is a great location. Overall the Sterling Inn is a wonderful boutique hotel that I would HIGHLY recommend to any visiting the region. And its also just a short drive to Niagara On The Lake and the Niagara wine region. Stay here, you will be surprised.

Rockford, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We had a wonderful fall stay at this boutique hotel! We were upgraded to a two bedroom quite and when we arrived our room had a small card wishing us a happy anniversary and a bottle of wine. It was a great place to stay and the staff was super nice! A few things that I would recommened would be to clean the floors. They were pretty dirty but I think with the light carpet you will get that. We found some hairs so I just wish the rooms was a bit cleaner but overall we had a great time. A perk I didn't know we were getting until we arrived - Free breakfast brought to our room every morning. Bonus! ;) Good times and glad we had a chance to visit such a beautiful hotel and area.

Room Tip: Room 209 was the two room suite we stayed in. Great location!
Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

The Sterling Inn was an excellent choice for a romantic Niagara getaway. The room was nicely decorated and included a fireplace, sitting room, double jacuzzi and steam shower. The staff was friendly and efficient and even gave me a tooth brush when I told them I had forgotten mine at home. Breakfast is included and was delivered right on time to our door. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a quiet, romantic place to unwind.

Albuquerque
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

My wife and I spent three lovely days in Niagara Falls and the Sterling Inn was the perfect place for us to begin and end each day of touring. Our room was huge and clean, had a nice patio to walk out onto each morning for coffee, and most importantly, was a quiet oasis in the midst of the very busy tourist area that is Niagara Falls. Morning breakfasts were a delightful combo of yogurt, quiche, fruit, granola, juice and coffee. The location of the Inn was ideal as the Falls area was only about a 10-minute walk from our room. The Inn's staff was very cordial and provided us with info useful for our daily tours. The Inn was MUCH less expensive than the busier and larger hotels and parking at the Inn was free and spaces easy to find. The Sterling Inn was a true find!

Pittstown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

The Sterling Inn & Spa truly exceded our expectations. I booked online and wasn't quite sure what to expect, especially after driving throught the Vegas type strip by the falls. Checking in was easy and the staff was friendly and helpful. The room was beautiful - incredibly comfortable and well appointed. The bathroom was spacious and the steam shower was truly heavenly! After relaxing for a bit, we walked to the falls and they truly are amazing, especially from the Canadian side. We didn't do any tours, but instead walked along and enjoyed the falls on our own. We had dinner that night in the restaurant and it was absolutely magnificent. The menu featured food grown locally and was creatively and deliciously prepared. The restaurant was elegantly comfortable and the live music wasn't too loud or obtrusive and truly added to the experience. I highly recommend both the Inn and the restaurant.

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Doesn't even begin to sum up the experience at Sterling Inn & Spa.

First off, I have to confess that I booked the room through a third party website so I wasn't sure what to expect.

Finding the place was easy enough, and it looked nice from the outside, but once inside is when you get blown away. The lobby is nice, the staff was super friendly, but the room... OMG the room!!!

I was lucky and got a room that's bigger than my apartment!! It had both a fireplace and a jaccuzi, a small kitchenette area, a HUGE and amazingly comfortable bed. After a few nights of sleeping on what I call "Bouncy Castle" matresses, it was so nice to get a nice firm matress!!!

I checked in late that night (around 10pm) and saw that I had missed the deadline for putting in my breakfast order. I figured I'd fill out the card and hope for the best. Lo and behold breakfast appeared at 9:05 and was scrumptious!!

It was an amazing experience and I will stay there next time I go to Niagara Falls!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Sterling Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!