“Did not disappoint!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tropicana Inn

Save Saved
You added Tropicana Inn to your Saves list
Tropicana Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   8674 Lundy's Lane, Niagara Falls, Ontario L2H 1H4, Canada   |
Ranked #103 of 137 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Hamilton
“Did not disappoint!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Tropicana was by far the most well-kept motel from all those on Lundy's Lane. Being the active traveller I am, I've stayed at many motels over on Lundy's lane; the Willow, Star Inn, the Dutch, but Tropicana is my favourite. Yes, the sheets weren't as clean as they could have been, but everything else was fine. The staff were flexible and friendly, it was easy to ask them for anything we needed. It's easy to give this place a bad review because most people are hoping for the perfection hotels offer, you need to remember motels are different.
I went there on New Years, and everything was fine until this drunk couple showed up (the comment under mine). They were loud, obnoxious, and had no care that there we others in the building. I, having brought younger children with me, complained to the front desk. They took control of the situation, gave the couple a refund and the police escorted them out. It honestly is annoying that people can make up any stories on here.
Overall, I might be willing to come back to this motel next year.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Welland, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I took my fiancee out for a 2 day getaway to Niagara falls, the tropicana Inn was the only available hotel, so I took it, at first it wasnt bad, but then I realize my hotel room has two doors, both of them wont shut or lock properly, blinds that wont cover the windows entirely, one working outlet, no heat in the middle of winter ? dirty sheets, value village wouldnt even take this furniture they give you I try to complain and they act very nice.. and give me a room upgrade.. or so i thought, a jacuzzi suite that has a broken jacuzzi ? okay now I try to leave and no no now its you get what you pay for so I call police and go figure... the police takes their side and i get escorted off property with a day to go... and no refund

Room Tip: There are no good rooms at tropican, Go to Motel 6 on Stanley ave, they have clean rooms, a heated c...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We stayed here mid-week because we wanted a jacuzzi. The room was very dirty, rug stains, bedspread not clean, only one washcloth in bathroom, half roll of toilet paper, the shower didn't work properly and the tub filled up with water before you even finished showering, bugs in the room. Did not feel good at all about sleeping there. AC noisy and ineffective and smelled dank. Mold spots on ceiling. Not sure if all the rooms are that way but I suspect they are and who wants to waste time and money trying to find out? I wish we had read the reviews first we never would have booked here.

Room Tip: Read RECENT reviews - look slike several years ago this place was nicer.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

This hotel is a sad remnant of the 60's. No maintenance seemingly has been done to the jacuzzi in the room. There was no other bathing option - no shower!! The tub took forever to fill, the jets did not work, the controls were broken or almost broken. There were no directions. A sad sad hotel, only staying alive because of the tourist demands in Niagara Falls.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Hamilton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

We booked this room for New Years as it seemed to be fairly decent in the pictures and also fairly cheap. What a mistake this was. Dirty? The place stank of cigarette smoke (we bought candles to try to make it smell better), there was stains on the bathroom walls, toilet seat was dirty as heck, not to mention the dirt around the jacuzzi tub. They should have put online that it was a smoking room we were booking. If we hadn't already paid for the room in full over the internet we would have walked away and found somewhere else. No ironing board, no microwave, no coffee maker, no shower either. Not wanting to lose what we paid for it, we went and bought some new sheets and blankets to put overtop of the bed as we wouldn't dare go underneath the covers. While trying to make the best of the situation, we decided to use the tub which was a nice size (best part of the room, or so I thought), I ended up picking out a dead bug out of the water! I could go on and on forever, my advice is Do Not Book Here! Theres so many other better places to stay that are minutes away from there. Spend the extra few bucks and book somewhere nicer.

Room Tip: Do Not Book Here!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
mississauga
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

Stayed with a few friends, was getting ready to go to bed and found a little bug on my bed. After looking much closer I relized that BOTH BEDS were INFESTED with bed bugs. They kinda quicky run away if the lights are left on for too long...

Not recommended, Owner played stupid like he didn't know they were there..

Had to drive home at 2Am

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

I booked a room online for a cheap price. Upon arrival we discover that it is located beside a Gentlemen Club and doesn't appear to be in the safest area of Niagara falls. We check in anyways, coz the guy at the front desk said we will charge you anyways .
It was the worse experience ever , even the hotels in brooklyn newyork are safer and cleaner then this hotel. Please do not go there. I will try to complain to the health department.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Tropicana Inn? Share your experiences!