“Once in a lifetime” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Victorian Charm Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Niagara Falls
Victorian Charm Bed and Breakfast
You added Victorian Charm Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
6028 Culp St., Niagara Falls, Ontario L2G 2B7, Canada   |
Ranked #19 of 67 Niagara Falls B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
“Once in a lifetime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Incomparable. Anne-Marie is a joy to meet. Her easy manner and welcoming cheer make you feel as though she might be your own grandma. Her passion for her home and hospitality is apparent. She has created a modern and supremely comfortable establishment while maintaining the rustic beauty of an 1889 Victorian. Accommodations are immaculate. I stayed in the Canadiana room, which featured enough outlets to satisfy an Apple employee. And no need has been left unattended; towel racks, extra shampoo, and hangers are in abundance. Her gardens are spectacular and enhance her impressive cooking. There are even bunnies to pet! The walk to the falls is short, maybe 10-15 minutes. But the distance is noticeable if you are seeking a more calming Niagara adventure (as in, you do not require a Casino as your ground floor). Anne-Marie is knowledgeable about the area, and can assist you in anything you might need while here. In short, this is a must stay.

• Stayed July 2013
victorian39, Owner at Victorian Charm Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you for your kind review and your great sense of humour. I had a good laugh as I was reading it. I enjoyed your visit as well and hope to see you again!

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

The Falls were spectacular, the Maid of the Mist was one-of-a-kind journey, the fireworks entertaining and the whirlpool jet ride thrilling but to top it all up, you must experience the charm and comfort of this B&B. And the house was home to my family and I for 3 nights really due to our excellent hostess Ann-Marie. She is so acknowledgeable about the area and was a big help in planning our things-to-do. We had 2 rooms and they came with their own bathrooms and were spacious and comfortable - there is even free wi-fi. The highlight for us has to be the daily breakfasts - a different menu each day. The home-made pancakes and waffles are a must even for diet-watchers. Overall a 5-star rating for us!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
victorian39, Owner at Victorian Charm Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. I also enjoyed your company and learned a lot about Singapore! I hope you enjoyed the rest of Canada as you were going on to Calgary.
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Anne-Marie was a darling and an excellent hostess. My family of 4 stayed at Victorian Charm for two nights and throughly enjoyed both our accommodations and Niagara Falls. The location was only a 15 min walk to the town centre, much prefered as the town centre tend to be very overwhelming and loud with the summer crowd. (A complete turn-off for anyone on a holiday retreat). The bus services were very conveniently located near the BnB too.

The rooms were clean and cozy with everything you could need. The three storeys of stairs were challenging for us who had way too much baggage but that is expected. The shower tend to tricky and the water flow was kinda weak. But Anne-marie's breakfast all but made up for these minor flaws. She served the best fritas and waffles with fresh fruits (from her gardens I think). Her gardens was very interesting to us (city-dwellers who grew up not knowing how fruit trees look like). Despite her busy schedule, still Anne-Marie took time to share with us her life experiences in Asia and was patient with my parents who didn't speak english very well.

Anne-Marie also helped us with tickets for the main rides and attractions, giving us advise on when and where to go to best enjoy our time there. The wine tour package she arranged for us was also great fun with a choice of some truly excellent wineries.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Many thanks for your wonderful review of my Bed and Breakfast. I will have to explain further how the rain shower operates so that my guests won't be disappointed. I am grateful that you enjoyed my breakfasts as I try to satisfy everyone's taste by offering 2 or 3 hot entrees every morning. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your Canadian Adventure!
Nelson, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We had a wonderful stay in Niagara Falls, and in large part this was due to the hostess of Victorian Charm, Anne-Marie. We stayed in the Loft room just prior to the Canada Day long weekend, and We found Anne -Marie to be knowledgeable, friendly and extremely welcoming to her house. The B&B is spacious, beautiful and well located away from the hustle of the Casino's and tourist area of Niagara Falls. It's location is only 10-15 mins walk away from the bustle, so extremely easy to access all that Niagara has to offer.

Breakfast is lovely, and Anne-Marie, makes sure that you are well prepared for the days exploration of the region. The grounds are spacious and beautiful and is over looked by the dining area.

We recommend Victoria Charm, and will not hesitate to return next time we are in the region. Thank you Anne-Marie.

Room Tip: We had a look in the rooms and the Rose and Grande Rooms look amazing.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind review. I am sorry to be so late responding but this Summer was super busy and I had my first day off Sept. 25th. I am very happy that you enjoyed your vacation and that you found it excellent. I also thank you for your recommendations.
Conway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

My husband and I vacationed with 4 other couples that he grew up with during high school. We were the only guests in the home at that time and it was wonderful - just what we needed. Anne Marie provided lots of tips to help us find attractions and get around town. She sat down with us the first evening and went over the menus and asked if anyone had a special request or a restricted diet. The food was delicious and plentiful, much of it grown in her garden. The location is very convenient, within walking distance to many restaurants and right on the "We-Go" bus line which takes you anywhere (Anne Marie has passes that include 4 attractions and unlimited bus transportation for a flat fee - saved us lots of money) !! Her gardens are beautiful (Anne Marie previously farmed 26 acres)! When I complimented one of her indoor plants, she offered me a cutting. She is a lovely hostess who truly enjoys her guests. I loved the gazebo and fish pond in the back. If I ever return to Canada, I will definately stay at the Victorian Charm B&B !! Barbara Butler, Conway, South Carolina

Room Tip: Each room is unique in its decor. If you prefer a jacuzzi or balcony let Anne Marie know and she wi...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
victorian39, Owner at Victorian Charm Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you so much for this wonderful testimonial. I really had fun listening to all the stories of your High School friends! You were all 10 of you so helpful and considerate, even stripping the beds just before you left and bringing all the linen downstairs, just as my family would have done. will always remember your fun loving group.
Warrenton, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed with Anne Marie over the Memorial Weekend. We had a very pleasant stay and Anne Marie was a gracious hostess and very helpful with getting around. She took the time to show us how to get around on foot and by bus. The room was very spacious and very nice. Loved her breakfast....very delicious and fresh!
We would definitely stay there again!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

My husband & I met four couples (high school friends) at the Victorian Charm in May. It was like having our own home. Talk about great service - Anne Marie was amazing. She helped me for months when we were planning the trip which wasn't easy with everyone coming from California, Georgia, Maryland, South Carolina & Virginia. Once we all arrived we were very impressed with how the rooms were decorated. Each one had its own personality. The rooms were clean, food great and location was perfect. It was a wonderful experience and I would highly recommend this B&B to anyone visiting the Niagara Falls area. We are thinking of returning with our grown children in the future.

Room Tip: If you have trouble wth stairs, be sure to book the first floor room. The third floor rooms are not...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Victorian Charm Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!