“Another great visit!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Great Wolf Lodge

Save Saved
You added Great Wolf Lodge to your Saves list
Great Wolf Lodge
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3950 Victoria Avenue, Niagara Falls, Ontario L2E 7M8, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Summer Savings!
Ranked #14 of 139 hotels in Niagara Falls
“Another great visit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Great Wolf Lodge is such an awesome place for families. This was our second visit and we were just as impressed as the first time. Our kids are 5 and 7 and were able to ride almost every slide. Our 7 year old was only restricted in that he needed and adult to ride the Niagara Rapids with him but he could ride on everything else either by himself or with my husband or I. Our 5 year old was only limited in that she could not ride the Rapids or Grizzly Falls but she had great fun on everything else.

The water park was very clean and well maintained. There were a lot of tubes available for the slides and everything was in good working order. The only thing I didn't care for was the lazy river in that you had to use special tubes for it and they were hard to come by. Also I didn't find it was very well supervised in that people were running through the river and causing a ruckus where it is supposed to be a more leisurely attraction.

The staff throughout the resort were helpful and super friendly as per usual. No complaints there. Excellent service as always!

Our room was clean and well stocked. The halls were quiet and the beds comfy.

We ate from the pizza counter and the Antler Cafe (we had breakfast buffet). The pizza was delicious and I would highly recommend the Wolf Pack deal! Great value! The buffet had a lot of options and wasn't too pricey.

Our favorite thing this trip was the new MagicQuest game. Our kids LOVED it! It's a magical themed scavenger hunt throughout the lodge with different quests and adventures they could do. It's a lot of walking around so give yourself a good couple of days to complete it to get your money's worth. The wands seemed a bit expensive, but we were told that they could be used over again and at any Great Wolf Lodge that housed the game. The game itself was only $11 and they certainly had a lot of fun playing it.

Room Tip: Further from the main area on each floor is best. The MagicQuest game occurs in the hallways of floo...

1,617 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (334)
Toronto, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We stayed the nights of March 4th & 5th with our 2.5 year old daughter along with 2 other couples and their kids the same age. We booked while they were having a "48 hour special", the room rates were a way better price than the regular rate. We paid $159.99 per night as opposed to $249.99. We also booked on weekdays as it was cheaper and we thought it would be less busy. We were actually surprised at how busy it was when we got there. We arrived just after 1pm. You can check in, they will give you your wristbands which are your room keys and you can also charge everything back to your room using them. If your room is ready they will give it to you early, otherwise they will text you once it's ready. The check in line was long and the lobby was packed. I waited about 25 minutes to check in. When checking in, they advised us of food vouchers that can be purchased. It was $45 per person for buffet breakfast, lunch at Spirit Island (burger, fries, hot dogs, etc) or a slice of pizza or a sandwich from the cafe and dinner at the buffet.
As our daughter is under 3, she ate free at the buffet. We purchased one day of vouchers but after adding up the actual cost of the meals, there really wasn't any savings. The breakfast buffet is $15.99 per person and the dinner buffet is $21.99 per person and our lunch would have cost $19.99 if we didn't have the voucher.

I had read previous reviews of people bringing their own food or going out or ordering take out. We didn't do this, we ate at the buffet and found it was good enough however we did bring our own snacks and drinks for the room and water park. I can understand families with 2 or more children over 4 years old doing this as it would cost a fortune just on food alone.

Our room was ready at 2:45. We were impressed at the size of the room. It was spacious and comfortable. The only thing we didn't like which a lot of others have said is that the vanity/sink is not actually in the bathroom, instead is part of the room. It was nice to have the fridge and microwave in the room. It is true what others say about the heating unit...it is so loud. When it would come on, you couldn't hear the tv and sometimes woke me during the night. We were on the main floor and found it was quiet, didn't hear any kids running up and down the halls. I read a recent review that someone mentioned about bed bugs. As we have actually had a prior issue with bed bugs in our own home, I know what bed bug bites look like. Our daughter woke up with some red marks on her face, her legs and her bum (she's always hated sleeping in pj's so sleeps naked) and I am sure they were bed bug bites. Because of our prior issue at home, we bring garbage bags with us, leave them in our car until we leave and bag and seal our stuff in them and leave them in our garage until they are brought directly to the laundry mat as we do not ever want to risk bringing these back into our home. I did mention this upon check out and the clerk said she would advise the manager and the manager of housekeeping.

The water park was a lot of fun, even for our daughter who could only go on the kiddie slides. Us adults enjoyed the bigger water slides. As I mentioned, it was surprisingly busy. We waited 30 minutes for the Wooly Mammoth water slide. We also got there just after 9am when it opened on Wednesday morning and almost all the tables/chairs were already taken. It is very warm when you first walk in but after you've gone into the water and are wet, it is very chilly. You can get as many towels as you want at anytime but the towels are small and very thin. We had brought our own beach towels and a robe for our daughter. The washrooms and change rooms were also freezing, especially cold floors. There are also life jackets available for kids in various sizes.

Story time at 8pm in the lobby was great but again, if you didn't get there by 7:30 to get a spot to sit, you were left standing near the back.

We also went to the Cub Club which is great when you get tired of the water park. Kids toys, small tables and chairs with paper, paints and markers as well they have temporary tattoos and color your own shirts. We also checked out the arcade, there were some games our daughter was able play on her own.

Everyone who worked here was great. We got great service everywhere and didn't encounter any staff who weren't smiling or saying hi. The cook in the buffet at lunch even went and got me some chicken for my salad when there wasn't any!

We had a great time and will make Great Wolf Lodge a yearly visit but we will definitely book when there is a special.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

Here for daughter's 8th birthday with our other 8, 6 and 9 year old's. Bought the b- day package which made the day extra special and offered good value including the pizza, drinks, cake loot bags and special things for her. She had a great time taking pics with her camera (included) and with her new stuffy. Water park and activities are perfect for their ages and hubby and I enjoyed a couple drinks by the wave pool. Story time then Movie in the room topped off the day and delicious kicking horse coffee in the morning prepared us for another few hours in the water park.

Only complaint is the tv, which is too small.

Couple things we found helpful for our family: order a pizza in the room for dinner and bring drinks, snacks and breakfast items (muffins and fruit for us). Saved money and the pizza was delicious! Dinner buffet was $21.99 for one adult alone, so adds up$$$. Plus, more relaxing to have pizza in the room.

We found, with kids up by 7, that we could eat, have a leisurely coffee, and get the room ready by 9 to enjoy some time in the park, and be ready to check out by 11 (a little too early).

Stayed in a cub club room:). Perfect for family of 6!

Great together time including lots of laughs and cuddles. A nice break for all.

• Stayed March 2013
Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We booked two nights, and stayed the third night for $119, definitely a good way to go! We also got the all inclusive meal package - the food here is really good, and the vouchers are worth every penny. Kids under 3 are free! The chlorine in the water is very concentrated, but with that many kids going through it is expected. Tons of fun on all the waterslides & the kids love the wave pool. We have spent time in the spa - very reasonably priced and the girls/guys that work there are so personable. Even the little girls had pedicures - they take such care with the little ones. The arcade was a blast, and the kids club was a good way to kill time before we checked in. We had 2 different issues with our door, but maintenance came right away. Also had a puking issue twice, and they came right away to take the soiled stuff away and brought us new linens Asap. The bedtime story is the 5 year olds favourites - the Wolf sized beers are the hubby's favourites - and us moms loved the massage chairs during our pedicures. 2 Families - four adults and five kids all had a ton of fun together! Might have to try a different location next year, they all have different things apparently.

Room Tip: 2nd floor is the best spot. You never have to wait for an elevator - if you don't have a strolle...
barrie,ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

We went to GWL Feb 24-26. And I have to say that we had a Fabulous time. My oldest daughter (5yr) and I have been twice before, but my husband and 2yr old had not. We arrived just before noon on the Sunday, and left our luggage in the car, as we knew a room would not be ready. There was no line up and check in was a breeze. I requested a room on the main lobby level. He told me that it might be a wait as there was only one available.

We then went for lunch at the buffet. I would not recommend this as it is very limited in options. My kids gobbled everything up, but I and my husband were not impressed with the selection. I bought a meal plan for 1day and would do so again, but not for every day you stay. We then went to cub club and the arcade and played for awhile. $30 bought us enough tokens to last the stay and get some nice prizes for the kids. We went back to the lobby around 2, and it was PACKED!!. Line up out the door. So glad I didn't have to wait in it. After milling about for a bit waiting for them to txt us, I went to the desk and inquired about our room. I asked if we were still waiting because of my request for main floor, and she told me that there was one ready on the waterpark level, at first I was worried that these rooms would be dark and close. But U took it, as our 2yr old was getting bored and the 5 yr old was anxious to get going.

I was pleasantly surprised, the room was not dark, high ceilings and lots of light. Also it was much better as we never had to go through the lobby which at times can get crazy. I would stay on that level again.

Dinner buffet was good, much better selection. My husband ate well. I loved the bfst buffet. Lunch again was mediocre at the burger place. For dinner on the 2nd night we got the wolf pack pizza deal, which was great. Their pizza is yummy. It came with a pizza, wings, salad and drinks, for $40. Not bad.

The staff was friendly, but no one stood out as exceptional. I work at a very busy resort at the front desk, and was disappointed with the guy that checked us in. Tried to chit chat and I almost got a smile out of him, but alas I failed. He must of been having a bad day. Other than that staff was friendly especially to my kids.

Room was clean and so were all facilities.

I love GWL because the kids love it, and sometimes as parents we get busy and forget to play with our kids. Well here we all had fun together. My 2yr old had her first major meltdown when we were leaving, all for a cupcake!!

Oh and their super duper cream puff at the cafe, is to die for. Had to split it with hubby as it was HUGE!!!

Will be making GWL a yearly family get away.

The water park is great. Only complaint is the Lazy river. That should be monitored more, and should not allow anyone not on a tube in it. Kids and adults alike were trying to race it. Creates jams and kids get pushed under the tubes. It is called LAZY for a reason.

Other than that great place.

• Stayed February 2013
toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Let me start by saying all in all we had a very good time. GWL is a very good resort and we had a mostly positive experience. We rated it 4 out of 5 (not 5) for reason given below. If you can live

with the negative points then we definitely recommend GWL. Keep in mind that we travelled in wintertime so facilities were closed.

Personally, we would come back

Review

We stayed at Grey Wolf Lodge Niagara for two weekend nights in late February with our almost 3 year old daughter.

The resort is the only Canadian version of an American family resort chain. It is an ideal location on Victoria Avenue which leads into the tourist district minutes away in one direction and very

close to Niagara Parkway on which many interesting sites such as the Butterfly Conservatory and the Botanical gardens are located. Niagara Parkway also goes to Niagara on the Lake if you wish to go

there.

The resort is huge which hundreds of rooms on two wings that are centered in the lobby, activity area.

Room: We had a standard room w a gas fireplace. The room is like a mini suite with a couple of double beds and a sitting area with a couch with a pull out bed. The room had a mini-fridge, a

microwave and a coffee maker (with complimentary coffee). The room was accurately pictured in the website. It was very clean. Keep in mind that the rooms can be very far from the center of the

resort where everything is located. Ours was literally minutes away. Also, the rooms are not very sound proof. In the morning and until about 11pm, it was easy to hear doors open and close and the

sound of running from the floor above.

At the center of the resort are the facilities which include: indoor waterpark, outwaterpark (closed/winter), restaurants, spa (didn't use), kids club, small gym (didn't use), arcade, mini-golf,

laundry and probably other stuff that we didn't know/care about.

The waterpark is fairly nice with waterslides. The indoor one is a bit smallish in terms of the pools which are very shallow (cannot swim in them). There are big slides for big kids and little

slides for little kids. The big slides did seem to have long lineups. The little slides were nice, however they wouldn't let parent go on the little slides either alone (ie. to show daughter how

fun it is :) or with her. There is a hamburger joint and a kind of beach bar in the indoor waterpark. Unfortunately, the outdoor park was closed being winter, so cannot report on that.

The staff is super helpful and friendly. Everything was done with a sincere smile and staff always seemed to follow up on requests. At night there were always activities. We took advantage of story

time at 8pm as well as the follow up activity. On our first night, it was dancing/disco which my daughter absolutely loved. The next night there was a scavenger hunt which my daughter is really too

young to enjoy, so since they always pipe music in the lobby at night, we just danced with our daughter as did a few other parents. They also have a no-parents-allowed-Pajama Party Club from 7:30-

9:30 (something like that) for a fee. We didn't use that.

The kids club has a very nice activity area with lots of crafts and toys. There are alot of younger kids around (toddler~6 years old). It's a nice dropin center.

Restaurants: we ended up buying the food package which gives you a dinner and breakfast buffet as well as a lunch at either the pool burger, pizza or deli place. Except for the ice cream place,

that is about it for places to eat. I thought the food at the buffet was quite good; it wasn't all kids stuff. While not overly adventurous, some of the food was quite adult. It was more like a

good quality buffet restaurant. The burger, pizza, deli: pretty much what you might expect. One thing worth noting, the restaurant was extremely busy on Sunday morning at 8am with a long lineup. So

we just let our daughter sleep in. If you had 3 screaming hungry kids however, I could see that there might be a problem. NOTE: I wouldn't really recommend buys the food package unless you are 100%

sure you will use all of the tickets b/c you don't really save very much money and it obviously limits your options. On the plus side, you don't have to use the tickets in a 24 hours period just

duing the length of your stay. I would say that the dinner was much better than breakfast, so consider skipping the plan and just buy dinner.

Other activities: there have a Magic Quest Interactive game spread throughout the resost; children wave wands and search for clues. From what I saw, the 6-10 yr olds loved it. It was not so good

for our <3 year old, but again, the older kids liked it.

Arcade: my daughter loved it. They have games for almost any ages (simple ball rolling games to complex video games.) It was fun...but pretty expensive.\

This review was pretty long, so I will just summarize:

Positives:
- Waterpark fairly good
- Godd after dinner events

Negative:
- Expensive
- Resort a little too large and too busy
- Noise in the room
- Meal probably not a good value
- Waterpark a ltitle limited (tho this was in winter)
- forgot to metion: the heating didn't work properly in our room. It was all cold. But the ambient hotel temperature + the fireplace supplied sufficient heating
- if you go at the 'wrong time' a long breakfast

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
High Level, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We just got home from a 3 day, 2 night trip. We stayed in the majestic bear suite. AMAZING!!!! This place is fantastic. Very clean, very friendly and helpful staff. We did story time both nights, wolf walk in the morning and sent two of our kids to the pj party, $45 for both girls from 7pm-9:30pm. WELL WORTH IT!!! Both had so much fun they didnt want to leave. We did almost everything, aracade( was so amazing) Cub club room, our 18 month old had a great time colouring and playing. Magiquest for the 11 & 4 year old. They enjoyed it. We had a 11,4 1.5 year old and a 6 month old and 4 adults. We all had a blast!!! We ordered pizza from the pizzera there, it was so yummy!!!!!! Coffee and baked goods were delicious, fresh salads. I didnt find the food pricey, same as going out to any restaurant.And it was yummy!!!!!!! Coffee was great! The water park was so great, every child loved it.I really have nothing bad to say, I think if people think its over priced then dont go. For a place as clean and kid friendly as it is I dont mind paying a bit more. No one looked at us when our kids screamed or cried. WELL WORTH IT!!! We will be there once or twice a year for sure!

Room Tip: Buy the bear paw pass bring drinks and healthy snacks do all they have to offer the kids will love...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Great Wolf Lodge? Share your experiences!