“Always a great time!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Great Wolf Lodge

Save Saved
You added Great Wolf Lodge to your Saves list
Great Wolf Lodge
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3950 Victoria Avenue, Niagara Falls, Ontario L2E 7M8, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Summer Savings!
Ranked #14 of 139 hotels in Niagara Falls
Toronto, Canada
“Always a great time!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We have visited the Great Wolf Lodge in Niagara Falls, Ontario with our children 11 times. It is always a great place to visit. We have been in all of the different rooms and now find that the family suite is sufficient for our needs. We don't spend a lot of time in the room anyway! Too much to do.

The rooms are clean, check in is quick, the resort itself is clean, the pools and slides are all amazing.

I always watch for a promotion (sign up for their emails) or use a work group code and we now stay for 2 nights in the summer during the week. The free parking that is easy to access makes it possible to visit other restaurants in the falls (I am not fond of the food onsite). Each room has a mini fridge that is big enough for snacks, breakfast food (milk, yogurt) etc.

We always have a quick breakfast in the room from food we have purchased on the way and off to the waterpark we go!

The activities for children are great as well, my children always love storytime at night (especially in the summer, it is outside!) and they also love the games and music by the outside pool in the summer.

A great fun place!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

1,613 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (331)
Reading, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed at Great Wolf Lodge in Niagara Falls, ON, Canada in August of 2012. True to it's name, the hotel has a rustic theme and feel to it. My kids, ages 11, 8, and 5 at the time thought the cabin-themed room was "cool". The hotel really is geared towards families with young children through pre-teen. There are many activities for kids ranging from the indoor water park to story-time in the lobby. My 8 year old son really enjoyed the live-action game MagiQuest, but my girls weren't very interested in playing. They enjoyed their mani-pedis at the ice-cream themed spa, Scoops.
Since it was summer vacation time when we visited the hotel was very crowded! It was difficult to find seats at the water park and pool and the lines were really long. Keep this in mind if you're planning to go during the summer. The food options were good. The main restaurant (buffet style) made it easy for everyone to find something they liked.

I gave this hotel a three rating because my kids had fun, but they aren't clamoring to go back. Also, it seemed like the staff was a little overwhelmed by the crowds.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Hammond
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Hotel staff very friendly and helpful with every question we had. I need to say the food especially the buffet was excellent, lots of variety. We ended up staying three nights because of weather conditions (instead of two) and were acomodated when ask to stay extra day with upgrade to beter room. Water slide park by far is the best for inside water park, these guys set the standard for this kind of family vacation. Also have to say very clean and polite staff. Will admit not the cheapest place to go but peace of mind and excellent service does not come cheap eather. Looking forward to going back next year. The Forgues and Godin family

Room Tip: themed room for kids worth it if parents want a litle privacy.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

My family came here for two days one night - a deal from jaunt.ca. All ten of us (6 adults and 4 kids all under 5) had an awesome time. The lodge is nicer than I thought and the waterpark is awesome. My 4 years old son was so happy that I went to the Wooly Mammoth ride with him and his daddy. The room temperature @ the indoor waterpark is great, I felt warm all the time. We also tried the all-you-can-eat lunch buffet, the kids were so happy with the meal. I didn't expect much from the buffet so it was okay - as long as the kids are happy I am happy too. :) The hotel room is clean and the decor is unique and pretty - I love how they use solid wood to decorate the rooms. The only concern are the mattress and the heater of the room. The mattress was too soft and and the heater was too loud so it woke me up many times throughout the night. Other than that, it was a pleasant stay at Great Wolf Lodge, we will come back again! :D

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Beamsville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We stayed (again) at the Great Wolf Lodge in Niagara Falls, ON at the end of January, 2013 during mid-week. It is definitely slower during the week than on the weekend. Since we are Niagara residents we received $50 off our room (make sure you enter the promo code NIAGARA when you're making your reservation - proof of Niagara residency is required upon check-in). We stayed in a Family Suite this time. The room was clean and in nice shape. The beds are very firm (not our preference - we like super soft). I like the easy use of the room safe. It's big enough to hold your purse, iPads and other smaller items. The only drawback to the room (not the fault of the hotel) was the rude people in the room across the hall who insisted on smoking in their room. This is supposed to be a non-smoking hotel. Disgusting.

We chose to eat all of our meals at the hotel this time around. The prices for the restaurants are comparable to area restaurants. It's easier to eat at the hotel rather than going out. I love the fact that you don't need to carry around a room key or cash. You use your wristband to open your room door and charge all of your purchases in the restaurants and stores. The food is good and the buffet choices will satisfy your whole family. Food, beer and coolers can be purchased in the waterpark.

One word of warning to people coming to the hotel in winter - inclement weather will close most of the waterslides. Both times we have come to this hotel the waterslides have been closed due to cold and windy weather. Also, there is no way the air or water in the waterpark is as warm as GWL claims. The kids didn't seem to notice the cooler temperatures as they were constantly on the move. My husband and I spent a lot of time going from hot tub to hot tub. I know it wasn't just us who were cold as I saw lots of adults covering up for warmth.

The hotel staff were pleasant and helpful in all areas. Check-in could have been shorter. There were only six families ahead of me and check-in took about 25 minutes. The front desk manager is definitely dropping the ball - I've noticed consistent complaints in other people's reviews about the long check-in process.

I like the fact that you can scan your wristband at select waterslides to get a picture taken. Unfortunately, the system went down and all of our pictures were lost before we had a chance to look at them and possibly purchase. Bummer, but it saved me the $10/picture! We also spent a few hours in the arcade (I have two older sons so this activity is right up their alley).

All in all, a good trip. I recommend going if you're looking for a quick getaway with your kids.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the waterpark level for ease of movement throughout the hotel (most activities are...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We were given a GWL gift card for Christmas, so the price didn't bother as much. However, if we were paying...it is super expensive...$400/night for a Saturday night in a kids klub room. However, since it does include water park entrance both days, it could be justified for a special weekend away.

The GOOD
-resort is decorated to the nines..consistent lodge theme. Kids loved the animals that moved in the lobby.
-kids klub room with bunkbeds was a huge hit with the kids. Rooms were very spacious and clean. We loved having a separate area to hang out at after the kids went to bed.
-the rooms, the waterpark were all very new and clean feeling
-we were pleasantly surprised by the meals. We were expecting really steep prices, but found them to be very reasonable. The dinner buffet (22/adult) was excellent with mussels, prime rib, salmon and on and on. Lots of great kid friendly and healthy options as well.
-waterpark is pretty impressive
-my daughter loved the storytime before bed
-friendly staff. The characters were fun for the kids.
-lots of lifeguards

The NOT SO GOOD
-it was really busy (it was the weekend). We waited 45 min to check in (at 1:30 pm) and the lobby was absolutely packed. The waterpark was also very busy and you had to wait a long time for some of the slides. On Sunday, half of the large slides were closed because of strong winds (part of the slide goes outside). Next time, we would try to go on the weekday, when it is not as busy and a lot cheaper.
-height restrictions. Our 3.5 year old (40 inches tall) could only go on the small slide area. Once he hits 42 inches, he will be able to go on many more, which he would have happily gone on. Our 5.5 year old (45 inches tall) could go on most slides. For our 18 month old, it would have been nice if they had some small slides set in the water to keep them busy.
-it was COLD. The water temperature and the air temperature in the waterpark was chilly. It was hard to stay in the waterpark that long without getting cold. We found the water feature (with shooting guns and spraying water) to be really cold, which was pretty much the only thing our 18 month old could do.

I'm sure we will return as it is 1.5 hours from our house and a great weekend getaway. But I will wait a couple more years. I think it is best when your kids are 5+ (ideally over 42 or even 48 inches).

Room Tip: If you have young kids, you might want to ask for a room closer to the waterpark. We were at the far...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

It was AWESOME! This was our first time and after a long road trip from Manitoba it was well worth our time! We booked a family suite that was beautiful and far exceeded our expectations. Our children loved it and there is something for children of all ages. We loved their buffet and found it had a great selection...everything you needed for a quick bite!
I recommend buying the paw pass which saved us money during our family vacation with different perks and discounts, expenses add up quickly there!
Amazing water park!! Over all awesome time !

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Great Wolf Lodge? Share your experiences!