“Love the Killer Whales” 4 of 5 stars

Dunnville, Canada
60 attraction reviews
“Love the Killer Whales”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Really enjoy this place but really expensive. I worry about the conditions for the seals, seems the inside auditorium needs some repair or expansion. Really interesting.

Visited July 2012

3 attraction reviews
“This place needs to be shut down for good”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

I am a local and completely disgusted with Marineland. They need to update the park badly and the way they keep & treat the animals is disgusting. I feel horrible for those poor animals. I have gone once with friends and we were all ashamed that this park is considered entertainment in the niagara region. They over charge you on everything from admission to meals to souviners. For the price they charge they should have plenty of funds to care for these animals properly .
I will never return to Marineland EVER!

Toronto, Canada
27 attraction reviews
“Good place, but I doubt if I ever visit it again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I liked this place and so did my 3.5 years old daughter. We’ve never seen belugas and killer whales so closely, so we was really impressed. Most rides, however, were not for small children and there was also too much walking, so we rented a stroller. I did not know that time about the mistreating of animals there, so everything was fine for me. Now I am not sure if I ever visit Marineland again.

Visited July 2012
Bel Air
5 attraction reviews
“Beluga whales are beautiful and park was not overcrowded”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We had a wonderful time at Marineland. The rides were uncrowded although we were there in late summer (peak time, I would think). Petting/feeding the Beluga whales was wonderful. Just a few rides, but the ones they had were fun, and it's mainly about the animals. I was a bit worried about the walrus -- they seem to pull him in & out all day long on the stage doing the shows, and I'm not too sure that's good for a walrus.

But the whales were in excellent condition, the trainers/staff informative, and the employees were all helpful and pleasant. We liked it.

Visited August 2012
St. Catharines, Canada
12 attraction reviews
“Lots of walking!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Marineland is a very spread out mix between amusement park and aquarium/zoo. The grounds are nice but large and a lot of walking for little legs (i.e. small children). The rides are fine but few and far between--not the same as a full-blown amusement park.