“Great location poor quality room” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Ritz Inn Niagara & Wedding Chapel

Save Saved
You added Ritz Inn Niagara & Wedding Chapel to your Saves list
Ritz Inn Niagara & Wedding Chapel
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5630 Dunn St, Niagara Falls, Ontario L2G 2N7, Canada (Formerly Aurora Value Inn)   |
Ranked #84 of 139 hotels in Niagara Falls
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Great location poor quality room”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

the owners were very friendly and helpful. The rooms are outdated in decoration and more...dark rooms..some of the lamps did not work, the toilet was incline as if it was to break into the floor.The fireplace and jacuzzi were not working thou we did not plan to use either, the small fridge was not cold enough to keep drinks cold.We were on a budget so we more or less expected what we found. Careful with the coin laundry as we lost ALL our dark clothes we wash. The washer seem to have some clorox used to wash the linens and when I used the washer and dryer all of my valuable dark clothes was damage. So wash only whites ...if you plan to stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

47 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Toronto, Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

Could be cleaner. There is nasty carpeting on the stairs. Bed sheets had holes in them. House keeping turned air conditioning off on the Friday when the temp was 38 degrees, made it really hard to sleep. That lost them points for service as common sense and customer comfort should have trumped cost savings on a day like that.

Pool was nice. Parking is adequate. No hassle with checking in. We had a full size fridge in our room, but not all rooms have them.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Towson, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2010

So personally my boyfriend and I overall were okay with this absolutely crappy hotel because we were on a budget and we're in college.

So what WASN'T wrong with the Ritz Inn? The friendliness of the lady at the front. She let us check in early at no charge since we got there early after a 9 hour drive. They did have free wi-fi if you asked for the password, and it has a GREAT location. Free parking. 10 minute walk to restaurants and the casino. Everything you could possibly want is in the surrounding 1-2 miles. Really, location is definitely on their side.

So what was wrong? Everything else. We get there, knowing we booked our single-bed room 2 months ago. We are told that they have no more single-bed rooms so they had to give us a double bed room. She said we wouldn't be charged for the double-room as long as we didn't touch the bed. So there's this HUGE bed right in the middle of the room which would have been nice to put our stuff on but we didn't for fear of being charged. We should have been able to touch whatever we wanted, seeing as we were still PAYING them, and they're the ones that didn't give us the right room. The light in the front of our room didn't work. There was no table in the room so we put everything on the randomly-placed couch (that was next to the door, facing nothing.) The first day our heater/AC didn't work but then did the second. The shower was DANGEROUS! My boyfriend was in the shower and started screaming for me to go in there. The shower turned to SCORCHING hot, it hurt even to turn it down for him. A minute later it goes freezing cold. Hot again. Without touching it. This was the case for every shower there. The sink shot out in a funny fashion that sprayed a bit. We could hear pretty much everything going on outside, but that wasn't so bad at night because the location was far enough away from the main street. I saw a man much older than us standing outside one night and he said to me "is this not the worst place you've ever stayed?" Let me just say that my boyfriend and I are pretty relaxed people, so we weren't angry, but actually just laughed at everything that went wrong.

Okay so case & point. If you are young, on a budget, and want somewhere walking distance from everything so you don't have to worry about drinking & driving, sure, go for it here but don't expect anything great. If you are older or trying to bring your family here, well... don't. NOT for families/ older couples. I would have put recommend for a friend if they hadn't told us we weren't allowed to touch the extra bed in our room. And that for all the stuff wrong with this place it should be even cheaper.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2010

My boyfriend and I decided to go on a weekend trip to Niagara Falls, and we booked the jacuzzi suite at Ritz Inn. Unlike some of the comments that others have posted, we had no problems with our reservation and check-ins. The owners were very welcoming and helpful letting us know about nearby attractions and how to use the FREE Wi-Fi. They even gave us free ice wine upon our check-in. Our room was comfortable and clean. We had swan-shaped towels on our bed, which was a lovely surprise. In addition, we had a fridge and microwave in our room which came handy.

The motel itself was within walking distance to the casino and the falls. This was great because we didn't have to waste money on getting a parking spot by the falls. Overall, we really enjoyed our stay at Ritz Inn and we would highly recommend it. The price was very reasonable considering the motel's great location, clean room, and excellent service.

Noblesville, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

It was a pleasant 3-day stay. The price does make up for the age of the hotel. The other tennants and the hotel staff including the owners were very nice and helpful. It's location is prime in relation to Niagra Falls including the Incline Railway.

Portland, Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

This was the second worst hotel I have ever stayed in and it only beat a Super 8 in Binghamton, NY by a small margin.

I only bothered giving this hotel a shot because of the price. This time of year prices in Niagara are outrageous. Should’ve know better.

When I checked in, the office had stacks of water and random shoes and other things just laying on the floor behind the counter. That was a warning sign right off the bat.

So I reserved two rooms, a two bed room for my inlaws and a one bed for my wife and I. The room with two beds was the better of the two, if you like dirty shower curtains and poor air conditioner.

The room my wife and I had was disgusting. Cob webs on the ceiling, dust on the furniture, hair on the sheets, a bug or two in the bathroom. Terrible Internet signal in the room, so I had to sit outside to use my lap top.

When I asked if we could switch rooms, they said they didn’t have any and offered no other solution. If I could’ve afforded it, I would have left even though I already paid.

Then the woman said she would have it cleaned better, that consisted of the bed linen being changed and the new blanket they put on had cigarette burn holes in it.

It was so gross, we bought a blanket to lay over the bed to sleep on it and used our towels to cover the pillows on the bed.

Very dumpy, drab room with washed out cups and silverware laying on the counter.

Then we returned from lunch and the lot was full except for a couple spots, so we took a spot right in front of the walkway entrance to the office and the woman came out and told us we couldn’t park there cause it was blocking her entrance. Yet it was a regular spot with no sign or markings saying no parking or temporary parking.

A bad experience all around and I’m not hard to please. Ill be going to Niagara in the spring or early fall from now on when the prices for the good hotels are lower.

Ignore the “good” reviews for this place, unless you don’t care about having a clean room.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Carmel, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

Totally agree with "Worst Hotel Ever" below. We also booked through booking.com. They got our reservation, but tried to charge us $20 extra per night for our 2 teenage daughters even though I had booked a room for 2 adults & 2 children. They were very rude about it, practically called me a liar. The old man in the office is the worst. Luckily I had my original reservation printed out. Once I found it & showed it to the young man in the office, we got our room. I can't say we were thankful.
Our lamp was broken & a fire hazard, there was trash in my bed, I'm pretty sure there were bedbugs, the TV didn't work, we could hear our neighbors at all times of day & night, the water in the shower got very hot any time any one nearby flushed the toilet.

My husband went down to the office to complain about the TV. The old man in the office told him he wasn't using the remote correctly. We gave up. Next day, a replacement TV appeared in our room.
The place is a dump. Anyone who is saying this is a great place has VERY LOW STANDARDS. I don't expect luxury in my hotels, but I do expect basic cleanliness & maintenance. NOT FOUND HERE. Stay somewhere else, there are LOTS of hotels in Niagara.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to Ritz Inn Niagara & Wedding Chapel? Share your experiences!