“Pleasant surprise” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Americana Resort

You added Americana Resort to your Saves list
Americana Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   8444 Lundy's Lane, Niagara Falls, Ontario L2H 1H4, Canada   |
Ranked #49 of 137 Hotels in Niagara Falls
North Carolina Coast, North Carolina
“Pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Great place of a Weekend Winter getaway.
Hotel resort spa with Nice indoor waterpark, smaller than some of the more popular ones in the falls,just the right size.
Not overcrowded small lines very family-friendly.
Waterpark clean water changing room on a busy day.
Great wave pool, rides, toddler area and adults only hot tub area.
Food from on site restaurant was good moderately priced, Nice portions. Will stay here again, package the best way to go.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

As my experience this trip was awful my family and I hated it, it was totally not a resort it was more like a cheap motel. The service was awful,it was dirty with no warm water,and the website was full lies. Please take my advice and do not ever go there !!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

I'm writing this review while I'm still here. Kicked out the waterpark this morning because I was not wearing "proper shorts" . I left ,came back in the afternoon then my wife was not allowed in the pool for the same reason. ....saw people with headgarments no problem. I guess you cannot discriminate
Based on religion.....I have been in this resort 3 or 4 times .this is my last won't bother to come back.....I will leave very early tomorrow. Worst part is they told me to be out in front of my kid. And I had been wearing the same shorts the previous day was told I needed an inner mesh on the shorts. My name is Carlos and I stayed in room 210 December 24 and 25. I should have stayed home or in a different place. Leaving tomorrow morning.

• Stayed December 2013
OAKVILLE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

Stayed here December 23 for one night. Very quiet due to the holidays. Room was clean and a good size equipped with small fridge and microwave. Decent t.v not a great signal but we were there to enjoy the waterpark. The waterpark is the perfect size for little ones to about age ten. My daughter who is four was able to go on the tube ride and then all the kids slides. There is a height restriction of 48" for the bigger slides and single tube ride. We didn't use the restaurant so can't comment on the food. We usually like to get our food out and see the sites. Staff was friendly and accommodating. I been in a lot of hotel rooms and these rooms were standard to most chain hotels. You may want to bring your own soap and shampoo as the showers have those all in one dispenser.

Stayed December 2013
Hamilton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Got a WagJag deal for hotel (1 night) but 2 days worth of water park admission for $139. including coupons for dinner, free soda/popcorn, credit for Seneca Casino slot play ($50.) Check in early on the first day so you get 2 full days of water park use. Great indoor water slides, wave pool, pool games for our kids ages of 2,3,4 & 5 (even us grandparents had fun playing with grandchildren). Evening reptile show. Hotel rooms are clean, roomy, with desk/seating for four, microwave, coffee perk/coffee & small fridge. IHOP just down the street. Good value & great indoor (wintery) family activity... kids had a blast. LOTS of kids, naturally, so may not use hotel if not for the 'family adventure' aspect

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Wales UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

My partner and I stayed here with our three 12 year olds at the end of August 2013. We arrived 2.00 am in the morning after travelling from South Wales, 12 hour trip. We were not asked if we wanted help with our bags as we had three large cases. We were given a key to find that this wasn't the room we booked. We were exhausted and my partner went to speak to reception whilst I sat down in the room at which point I was exhausted and took my watch off. We were given another room which again wasn't the correct one. It took the third attempt for it to be correct after which you can imagine how tired we all are. I woke in the morning realising I had taken my watch off and left it in the first room. My partner rang down and went to reception straight away by which time a staff member had already gone to the room and said he couldn't find my watch. My partner went with him to the second room in case but it had gone. We complained saying no one else apart from cleaning staff had been in the rooms so the hotel staff must have taken it. The hotel dealt with this matter so badly I cant even describe. The watch was very expensive so we called the police and gave a statement. The hotel's staff just wanted us to leave as they didn't want us to cause a scene and said that they were happy with their cleaning staff and didn't believe us. We are not complainers and have never complained or written a review before but I have felt I had to warn other travelers in this case. The watch was a very expensive watch and had great sentimental value otherwise I wouldn't have made a fuss but you don't expect to stay in a hotel for the steal your watch! The hotel is old, needs updating, the staff are uncaring, and do not have any idea how to deal with the public in a proper professional manner. No one showed me the slightest concern, and this ruined our holiday and they just didn't care! Please do not waste your hard earned money on this hotel!! We also had problems with noise from upstairs and when we rang down to reception we were told there was nothing they could do about it! How NOT to treat people!!!

Room Tip: Well we experienced three rooms and they were all old fashioned and needed updating!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Niagara Falls, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Where to start. We booked a superior room with the jacuzzi,fireplace and king size bed. At first blush it was nice. Then it deteriorated. The jets in the bottom of the jacuzzi did not work. The dimmer light above it kept flashing dull to bright. I called the front desk to ask for a corkscrew. I was told to ask the restaurant for possible assistance. What hotel doesn't have corkscrews available to guests? The phone and cradle were filthy! I wouldn't put it to my ear. There are NO amenities. They have pump dispensers in the bathroom at the sink and shower. No lotion or extras in a pricey room. They even charge for the music channels on the t.v.
The hotel was noisy with kids running up and down the hall till late and their parents talking loudly at them. The "superior" suite is on the main floor,right by the exit/entrance door. There are kids running up and down the hall and in the overhead rooms at 7 am! The hotel obviously put in the suite as an after thought.
When we were in the tub we realized that since the curtains are hung so far from the window,people could see us in the mirror from outside! There is no luxury, romance OR amenities at this hotel. Stay away!

Room Tip: The best tip, go elsewhere!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Americana Resort? Share your experiences!