“Would go back.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Americana Resort

You added Americana Resort to your Saves list
Americana Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   8444 Lundy's Lane, Niagara Falls, Ontario L2H 1H4, Canada   |
Offers & Announcements
Hot Rates for Hot Dates!
Ranked #42 of 137 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Dundas, Ontario
“Would go back.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I made the mistake of reading these reviews before I left on Sunday for a one night stay and became quite scared. But I had a completely different experience and thought that I would counter some of the negative reviews that I've seen on here. Yes, the rooms aren't exactly as shown, yes-kids run up and down the halls, yes-the changeroom is small, yes-the indoor pizza place is too pricey, yes-the water is extra chlorinated, Yes-the air temperature could be warmer. And yes-the water is most likely full of pee as the pool is only closed on Tuesdays weekly for cleaning. Bring your vouchers to the front desk so you don't hold up the check-in process, get googles and rash guards for your kids, bring your own food. The staff was fine and pleasant. The only problem that I had was there were perhaps too many trailer park type grown-ups (not pretty people like @ the expensive places). To everyone that's written a bad review -perhaps your experience and comments are justified but ask your children what they would rate it as? 5 out of 5 would be my guess.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Ancaster, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

When I booked the hotel I asked the lady on the phone if my daughter could go on all the waterslides and she said YES. When we got to the waterpark they said she couldn't go on the waterslides...AHHH so frustrating.
The lifeguards in the Waterpark were NOT friendly. Service at the snack bar was brutal. My husband waited for someone to take his order and nobody was around, so I went in and waited for someone to show up. She was NOT friendly at all. When I came back in to get my food she was not there again. I had to call for her to come out from the back room, so I could get my food.
There was never anyone at the service station to get towels and life jackets. When we were trying to get our daughter to go to bed there was a few kids running around and jumping in the room above us. It was really loud. I called the front desk and they said because it wasn't curfew time (11pm) that they couldn't tell them to be quiet. On top of that the beds are so uncomfortable. We wouldn't go back!!!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

We had an amazing time at the Americana last night. The room was great except the running children above us and up and down our hallway. We stayed on the second floor. It was renovated. We arrived at 3:30. My husband went and got pizza from down the street and great Thai food while I went to check in.
The check in was about 20 mins. But, very nice and helpful staff.
The water park was the perfect size for my 3 and 8 year old. Two complaints.
The chlorine is Very high. When the chlorine evaporates its very hard on the eyes and I got a bad migraine. The lifeguards were a bit sleepy.
We went to the water park from 10-1130 in the morning. We had a 1 pm check out with our deal.
All in all we had fun and would go back in a second. Thank you Americana.

• Stayed February 2013
Ontario,Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

My family including a 4 and 2 yr old recently visited on Feb 10. And frankly, the Americana did themselves reputation damage with a few things I have seen and witness after reading through tripadvisor. First, the check-in, was a long draw out process. It took too long and be advised you are to pay for the stay up front. Not sure if this is best practice as some guests checked in using vouchers that does not include taxes etc. Better off, letting those pay at the end of the stay to remove confusion.
My kids did enjoy the water park but the it was cold. Air temperature should be warmer. There was only 4 bigger slides, 2body slides 2 tube slides. My oldest needed a lifejacket and must be accompanied by an adult using the tubeslide because she's only 46in. There is a toddler wadding pool with slides and again the water was cool. A little too cool on for toddlers.
Our room had a few issues we managed ourselves but we did let front desk know about the water leak coming off the refrigerator but no one came. The room was not cleaned out properly lets put it that way. We stayed in Room 110. There was alot of noise coming off the hallway because it also the hallway to the waterpark. Quiet time starts at 11pm. Front desk could not help us with people slamming the doors and kids running on the hallways. My kids had a hard time sleeping. Overall, we gambled with sacrificing price for service. I will not do this again.

Room Tip: Stay away from main hallways to the waterpark.
Huntsville, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Here for a conference recently, this place is not new but its clean and comfortable lots of amenities and the staff were great, priced very reasonably. Water park a little smaller than the others in the Falls but fun all the same. Food was very good. Great for families from what I saw. A bit of a distance to downtown but that's alright. Lots of parking, renovations are ongoing. Would go back.....actually I am going back as I won a free nights stay in a door prize raffle.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the more recently renovated rooms with flat screens and upgraded furnishings.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
oshawa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We went to this hotel on Dec26. The hotel was full but was not to busy. First check in was the worst I've ever seen almost a hour. Room was small but good enough. Beds were horrible, the most uncomfortable bed I've ever slept in. There was people staying there from hockey tournament that would let there kids have races up and down the halls, staff said nothing. Water park was actually very good, I have 3 young kids 5 and under this was perfect. Staff in the water park are the most miserable looking people. Management should really down with there staff, because this place could be a lot better. I would not return to his resort,the staff turned me off.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Saint Thomas, Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I have never given an online review before but feel that I have to warn other families. We purchased a voucher for Americana through Travelzoo as a family Christmas present. It was for one night stay but we booked an extra nights stay assuming we would be enjoying ourselves, etc. The outside appearance of the hotel was nice as was the lobby. It looked like it had been recently refaced. Even the room "looked" nice upon first glance. But then we noticed things... like the toilet was wobbly and the paint was pealing off parts of the bathroom. The extra blanket in the bedroom was ratty. No big deal, right? We can look past that. The big thing for me was the waterpark. It was GROSS! There were only 4 waterslides and they all had a scum line from the water. The pipes had a layer of dust/dirt on it. I don't think it had been cleaned for a long time....it was disgusting. To top it off, we had a problem with the t.v. and the hair dryer. I would never go again and would never recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Americana Resort? Share your experiences!