I am a little surprised at the mixed reviews for this place!! We stayed here on September 8 2012 and had a great experience!! We have been to Great Wolf Lodge a few times, and to compare the two parks is a bit unfair...sure Great Wolf is at least twice the size..but it is also at least twice the cost. Americana is great for the smaller kids..those over 10 may find it a little less exciting; but our grandchildren ages 4 and 5 loved it. There is a play area with spilling bucket, sprayers and smaller slides, a wave pool, toddler and infant area with water swings (GWL doesn't have these), kiddie slides, kiddie basketball nets, a water basketball area for the bigger kids and kids at heart, 2 large body slides and 2 large tube slides. There is a park side bar and grill and snack stand (we didn't use), an outdoor playground (also didn't use due to rain). They have an arcade with the usual type token games, token were 25 cents each which is a pretty average fee for those type of arcades. Tickets can be redeemed for small prizes. The staff in the waterpark and arcade were EXCELLENT! A special mention to MIKE in the water area for his great service and concern when my husband felt ill due to an existing medical condition. This young man is an asset to the Americana team!! The hotel staff were friendly and welcoming from check in to check out. Our room was spacious, VERY clean and comfortable with 2 queen beds, mini fridge, iron and board, microwave, large washroom, balcony, flat screen tv. All tastefully decorated. The on site restaurant Jack Tanners seated us quickly for dinner, our waitress was great, food was fresh and came quickly. The cloth napkins our cutlery came in were CLEAN and NOT worn out. The kids drinks were served in take home plastic cups with lids and their meals included make your own sundaes at the icecream bar that the little ones just loved. They also offer take out and room service. We had the 'breakfast included' package and we had a choice from a menu which included beverages. Again service was good, food was good. This resort also features a spa, ballroom, vending machines, coffee kiosk, gift shop, many sitting areas. Parking is free! In the evening there was a FANTASTIC kid friendly magic show, with lots of audience participation in the lobby. Also near the front desk there is a treasure chest of trinkets for the kids. All in all, this is a GREAT place staffed by GREAT people and we WILL be back! Total cost: 300.00 canadian. This was for EVERYTHING including out of pocket cost for tokens in arcade, dinner in restaurant for four, tips, beverages and candy for kids at kiosk, in room movie rental and the room package (2 queen suite, 2 day waterpark for 4, breakfast for 4) Note: this resort is located far enough from the tourist hub of the Falls for peace and quiet but still close enough to explore all of it if you choose!!
- Also Known As:
- Americana Hotel
- Americana Hotel Niagara Falls
- Americana Resort Niagara Falls
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Americana is a unique Niagara Falls Hotel offering the ultimate family vacation retreat and corporate conference centre.Some of the treasury of amenities you will find at the Americana include Waves Indoor Waterpark - a premier waterpark in Niagara Falls featuring a retractable roof, slides and more; a large outdoor recreational area and playground with gazebos and barbecues; Senses Spa & Boutique, a full-service spa for those who want to get away and relax; free wireless internet, on-site restaurant and bar and over 21,000 square feet of meeting, banquet or wedding space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Americana Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.