“Hold your BREATH” 1 of 5 stars
Review of A-1 Motel

You added A-1 Motel to your Saves list
A-1 Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   7895 Lundy's Lane, Niagara Falls, Ontario L2H 1H3, Canada   |
Ranked #125 of 137 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Toronto, Canada
“Hold your BREATH”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

MOLD, MOLD, MOLD,.....terrible hotel!!! Mold in the bathroom was black as the ace of spades. The rugs were dirty and goodness only knows what was crawling under the bed. The smell of the room was terrible. I actually went to the dollar store and purchased some candles. TV remote didn't work. Air conditioner, needed cleaning, was blowing out moldy,mildew air.
When you sat on the toilet you almost fell into the tub. The floor in the bathroom was hollow. It felt like you were going to go through any minute. We paid a whopping $300+_ tax for two nights. We did not go into the room first to inspect it before we paid. There was broken glass in the pool, from a patio table that smashed. The owners didn't rush to get it out, paid absolutely no attention to the issue. the waterslide was cracked and when it was brought to the owners attention, again they couldn't be bothered. Terrible service. Would I stay there again...ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!! If I had pictures

Room Tip: Inspect the room before you pay for it.
  • Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011 via mobile

Went to A-1 and did not like the stay, found hidden behind the mirror a folded paper/plastic container for a insulin syringe i found that to be odd when the person who put it there would of just thrown it out unless they used it other wize then its purpose, there was also a beer bottle that was just sitting outside on grass before you even got in the room, our friends in the room next to us found junk pushed under the bed, and found a hole in the wall that was coverd by a pictureframe. I found that both of our rooms had falty tv's, the one had a plaid colour defect and our room had a spot that was purple, so over all i would not recomend this motel to any one till maby some upgrades and some more cleaning inspecting is done to make it to what the rating everyone has rated them, witch is 3.5/5.

• Stayed July 2011
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

I was really surprised when i arrived at A1 Motel, This place is not bad at all , boy do people over exaggerate. First, wonderful service. Second, clean room for the price paid $50. Third, convenient location (walking distant to the Factory Outlet, city bus service, restaurants n etc), 10 mins drive from the water falls. Looking forward to bringing my family over to A1 Motel. And its all about customer service and they surely got it...

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Ontario
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2011

Friends and I stayed here for one Saturday night in January. We choose this hotel because of the price and location. We knew it wasnt going to be the nicest place to stay and werent expecting much. Everything seemed okay. The rooms were not the cleanest but we knew with the price we payed it wasnt going to be. In one of our rooms there was a boot print on the white sheet. In the other room there was stains all over the carpet. The next morning when we went to check out, the man at the desk gave us a garbage bag and told US to CLEAN UP OUR ROOMS before we leave. Our rooms were not messy we did a quick clean before we left already. We told him they were fine and he told us he knew they are dirty and to go clean it up and put everything in the garbage bag.
I know we paid a very cheap price for the rooms but to have to completely clean our own rooms before we leave is just ridiculous!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Welland, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2010

Family and I had a wonderful trip to niagara falls, we found this motel on the net and thought we'd give it a try, we were very pleased with the level of service and state of rooms. Owner was nice enough to put the a/c on before our arrival so our room was cool and clean. Price was adequate although we went on a busy weekend the price of the room was lowest amongst them all. We hope to return this winter and will definitely stay with them again.

boston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

Ok the manager tries...I will give them that but...I had to have them come in and wash out the tub as it was filthy with a ring around the tub from other people's showers. The rug wascovered in big stained areas. The paint on the bathroom walls and ceiling was peeling off and the room itself had water stains on the ceiling. The room itself smelled like the bottom of a cigarette bucket and we had asked for a non smoking room. The place could be nice if an effort was made to clean the place but they do not even change the trash bags when they so called clean the rooms. The manager said they hire a company to clean the place and I will just say if I was paying to have the place cleaned and that was the result...I would fire the company and get my money back.

North Bay, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2010

I was afraid to stay hire after reading the reviews. I thought that I would give it a chance and I'm happy that I did!!! When you want to travel but your on a budget it is sometimes scarry to stay in a "cheep" motel. But my moto is "If it is clean and comfy, that's all that matters". Chances are, if you are going to Niagara Falls, you will only be in your room to wash and sleep. So you don't need the ritz!

Good points: The room was clean, the beds where very comfy, the staff was friendly and helpful, the price(50$ a night approx), the pool was fun, small play ground for kids, the BBQ, internet(wireless), TV with cable, the a/c worked great (our room was cool when we got in, they turned it on for us, bonus!), it's a one level hotel so not lots of stares(I think 4), mini fridge, microwave(but you have to ask for it)****If you book online you get free coupons for some of the attractions(well we did), lots of attraction coupons in the office., FREE PARKING

Bad points: No phone in room(but you can use the one in the office for local calls), No clock radio(but the man was nice enough to let us use his), the room was outdated, old wallpaper, old lamps etc...(but it was clean, and I think that is the importent thing), no coffee maker in room(but there is coffee in the office, and a Timmys down the street), Not walking distance to the falls(but just a short easy drive).

I would stay there again. We saved money on the hotel and had more money to do the fun stuff, like Cliffton Hill and MarineLand.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to A-1 Motel? Share your experiences!