“Great Family Restaurant.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Canadian
Welland, Canada
“Great Family Restaurant.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Went to Swiss Chalet to share Thanksgiving early with my Dad.
Great Vegie Burger. Service was also very nice.
This was great to see my Dad again as I don't see him to much.
The Swiss Chalet is a great place to bring your Friends and Family to.

• Visited October 2013

Welland, Canada
“Great Swiss Chalet in Niagara Falls.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Great place to go to eat at this Swiss Chalet.
Staff are the greatest and they get to know customers like me
and they know what I like to have.
Vegie Burger with Light Fries.

• Visited September 2013
St Catharines
“Food was Great! Great Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I haven't been to a Swiss Chalet restaurant in a good while. I noticed that they changed the menu quite a bit. However, I ordered the classic quarter chicken dinner. White meat as always. The server was very friendly with us. My wife and I both went there with another couple, we ate there and then went off to the drive-in theatre later in the evening.

The chicken was juicy and to die for. I like them juicy and tender. The fries were more than awesome. My wife had chicken wrap, which she never had before. She thought it was pretty good.

I would go back for more.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
“Never been disappointed at "the Swiss"; open later too.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

The Swiss Chalet has been a favourite in our family spanning generations. It is always a trusty standby for tasty reliable, affordable food in a clean atmosphere. The focus of their entrées (main courses) is chicken , although they have expanded into other directions in terms of menu options. Healthier choices are available for those interested, and there is also a drive-through at this particular Swiss Chalet. We were quickly seated by the hostess at a booth, and Diana took our order, promptly and in a very friendly manner, and the food arrived shortly. We enjoyed the quartered chicken dinner with white meat, and especially the new Mediterranean salad. This salad is like a traditional European Greek salad; great addition. The poutine is also tasty to try. The restaurant has a few televisions to watch if you are interested in seeing them, the bar presence is very minimal, but the dining room is fully licensed with Niagara wines available. Upon leaving the manager came to ask us if we were satisfied with all aspects of our meals.

The restaurant is in the Mount Carmel plaza and is convenient to the QEW and Thorold Stone Rd. W at Montrose, and it would also be a good option for tourists who don't want to get caught up in longer waits at the Lundy's Lane Swiss Chalet. It would be about 5 minutes from Lundy's Lane by car to here on Montrose Rd. It is suitable for all ages. As for special occasions, it would be suitable for very casual ones. Parking is free, and the entire restaurant is handicapped accessible.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
niagara falls ontario
“Chicken sandwich and sauce are the best!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Ate at the Montrose Rd Niagara Falls location - Love swiss chalet chicken sandwichs and the sauce - never have a complaint when I eat this!!! On the other hand service was so slow and there were only a few people in the restaurant. My potato was a greyish colour - obviously old. I didn't complain and ate the white part that looked good. I had to ask for sour cream and when I went to use the butter - one out of the five butters we were already used - so obviously they recycle their butter not used by other customers and one open one got mixed in there - uck!!! Also asked for two more sauses and she only brings one. Service was not the best that day....But becauses I love their chicken sandwiches and sauce - I will continue going there.......

• Visited February 2013