“Fantastic Indian food in the heart of Niagara!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #50 of 451 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Cuisines: Indian, Vegan, Vegetarian, Wine Bar
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Our menu takes root in the time honoured style of great Indian food, using bright aromatics, savoury spices and the freshest ingredients, with a whimsical interpretation. At Moksha we take the familiar and elevate it into an experience for the senses. Come feast on the vibrant colours, inhale the fragrant aromas, consume the sound of sizzlers and take in the harmony of hot spices with cooling chutneys. This casual dining atmosphere is ideal for lunch, dinner or a night out in the Falls. With many sharable plates and drink pairings, we encourage you to try new flavours and share with friends. Come join us for a Modern Indian Dining Experience!
toronto
“Fantastic Indian food in the heart of Niagara!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

Craving Indian food, we decided to try Moksha, and are so glad we did!
We thoroughly enjoyed the lamb , the butter chicken (arguably the best I've had), and my boyfriends favourite, the Hariyali Tikka "green" chicken.
The owners were also kind enough to let us try one of their new menu items: chilli/curry fries. That description doesn't do them justice, but they were SO good!
There is also a nice wine and cocktail selection as well. And Kingfisher beer!
The owners are friendly and welcoming, and are putting a modern and delicious spin on traditional indian dishes.
We will definitely be back!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Niagara Falls, Canada
“Poor maintenance and greasy food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

This was our second and most likely the last visit to Moksha. Back when it opened, we were very impressed by several aspects of the dining experience. However it appears to have gone straight downhill from then.

Our first visit was for dinner. The place is very dingy which could be part of the ambiance. However, this time, we were there for lunch on a bright sunny afternoon. The very first thing we noticed was the dusty and dirty floor. It was evident that the place hadn't seen a mop in a while. Service was very shabby and unprofessional. They don't use serving trays. All the glasses had hard water marks. Plus one had a long crack on the interior of the glass! The first set of plates were dusty with hair on one of them. Then the salad that was served as part of an entree had a strand of hair on the cucumber!! (posted pictures of the glass and the hair)

The only dish we actually enjoyed was the stuffed naan which we ordered as a starter. The rest of the food was dripping with oil/butter/ghee. We really couldn't taste any spices or the melody of flavors that our food was supposed to have. So that was a complete disappointment.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Indian Paradise close to home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

Overall, one of the best Indian experiences I have experienced in my life. Great atmosphere, delicious food, fantastic service and even better company. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting or living in Niagara. I will definitely go back to visit and eat delicious Indian food. Well done Jeremy and Pooja!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
“Excellent food; some spicy; not handicapped friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

I enjoy Indian food and was treated to this restaurant for my birthday. I think it is the first Indian restaurant I've been to close in the city (apart from Indian Flame) that was very good. I enjoyed all the dishes. Yes some were very spicy, but I have a high tolerance for spice. There were a few lily tongues at the table that had some trouble. If spice is an issue for you, tell them "no spice" or ask for it yourself to add at the table :-)
There is a large staircase to climb when coming into the restaurant. This is not good for anyone with a stair issues. Similarly, if you have use the washroom you must descend these stairs and they go down more stairs into the basement. Perhaps a handicapped entrance and washroom should be incorporated somewhere. Otherwise, I really enjoyed my visit here.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Grimsby, Canada
“Pretty good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

- Menu's were easy to understand
- Prices aren't too expensive.
- Was hoping for a re-fill on pop @ 2.50 with that small-medium size of glass, would rather them charge $3 then have refills or provide a larger glass size for no refills.
- After no re-fill, the server left without refilling my empty water (I had spicy food), had to drink my GF's pop and wait for them to come back, which when they did, and asked if there was anything else we needed? I figured an empty glass of water at the edge of the table spoke for itself, place wasn't too filled up so they should pay little more attention to tables with spicy food.
- Environment was good
- Servers are very friendly
- Food was really really good, especially the stuffed naan.

This is what we ordered and rated it:

Chicken Vindaloo 4/5
Butter Chicken 5/5
Chicken Tikka 5/5
stuffed naan (Royal) 5/5

Overall, the ratings for this place hold up to be very true, the Indian food here is really good. Aside from the tiny problem I had, If I ever wanted to go out and have quality Indian food again, I would definitely come back here.

• Visited February 2014