“Great food and service, close to the Falls but peacefully distant!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Paris Crepes Cafe

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: St. Lawrence Ave
Transit: WEGO Niagara Falls Visitor Transportation. Check: http://www.wegoniagarafalls.com/ Bus lines 2, 3, 5 & 12. Check: http://www.niagararegion.ca/transit/default.aspx
Daytona Beach, Florida
“Great food and service, close to the Falls but peacefully distant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

After reading reviews before arriving in Niagara Falls, drove by to locate Paris Crepes. A delightfully restored area with no traffic on a Saturday afternoon. Stopped for a quick visit to confirm it would be a good choice for a special occasion dinner, then made a reservation. Parking directly across the two lane street was readily available and is free on weekends. Came back to an equally peaceful area at 6 PM. Decor is quaint and as attractive as you would expect from the name. Warmly greeted and seated by the hostess. The menu is extensive and the variety of crepes was impressive. (The menu is available online but the beautiful red design isn't easy to read on a computer screen.) Nice variety of wines available and the dessert crepes are a "must". Food presentation and flavor was excellent. Portions were excellent without being overwhelming.

90% Recommend
Great Neck, New York, United States
“Fab crepes, local fav & tourist relief. Niagara Falls best bistro.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Niagara Falls tourists need not despair of a good meal! Less than 5 min drive from Victoria Park, Paris Crepes was open late, full of locals and friendly bi-lingual. Both savory and sweet crepes were remarkable; freshly made and creatively filled. The wine and beer list exceeds expectations for a small Bistro. The staff was exuberant, waitress full of Paris anecdotes and received our poor French pronunciation with ease and smiles. Next time I go to the Falls, I'll stop in again for a quick snack or an evening with friends, Don't hesitate to stop in.,

Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
“Enjoyed my visit.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We were seated and soon after put in our drink order. Then put in our food order,with a friendly waitress. We both ordered a sweet crepe and they were so good! This was our 2nd visit, and will not be our last. The crepes here are made a bit different then what I have had at other places, but I would still recommend this place. The menu has many options and I love the coffee here. The service is a bit slow at times, but I use that time to enjoy my coffee. We were in and out in about 1 hour, and that was not rushing to eat either. When I go out I like to enjoy and not be rushed. I also find if I need to go in a hurry, the waitress would help us in doing so.
The review of Andrew h, why didn't he just ask his waitress for more wine and tell her about his meal? I use to work in a restaurant for 9 years, and one has to speak up, or else how will the staff know.

Niagara Falls, Canada
“Bad service can really ruin a meal”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Upon arrival I was greeted enthusiastically and sat promptly. My Pinot Gris was served quickly as well. I then took a glance at the menu and was enthralled. As a local chef to the area I seldom get to eat out. I ordered the charcuterie platter and the cod with bouillabaisse. This is where the fantasy ended. The platter was milquetoast and uninteresting. No offal of any kind. Disappointing. After finishing my wine halfway through I soon realized that either I wasn't good enough to serve a second glass to or the waitress just didn't care. We will here out refer to her as "superStarr" By the time my entree was served which was delicious (aside from the overcooked fish) I was having a hard time choking it down as I was still not even offered a glass of water!!! An hour and 20 in and still no wine??? I hadn't even been asked how my entree was by superStarr. The only person, strangely enough, who asked me was the chef. He didn't want me to have wine either I guess. Since I had nothing but time on my hands as my wine, and entree were long finished I decided to watch the "service" around me. A six top came in with a reservation and was sat at a table. After 20 minutes they still hadn't been seen by anyone. I was the one customers birthday I might add. After they flagged down a server they were told by her that she was a busser and "didnt do drink orders" Cue superStarr. She brings them the champagne that they ordered and then told them that "she didnt know how to open it" at this point she broke every rule in the book and let the customer open it !?!?!? Where am I right now??? Oh right I am at Paris Crepes and I still cant get a GLASS OF WINE AFTER ALMOST 2 HOURS!!!!!!! By the time the ever oblivious superStarr brings me my bill (she was busy teaching kids how to make crepes behind the bar????) I almost burst out laughing when she asks me if I cared for an aperitif!!! All in all a sad day for yours truly. I had the best of hopes here but it just cemented my old credo "chef feed thyself" I may return here again but if I catch sight of superStarr I will turn and run.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Huje, Owner at Paris Crepes Cafe, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Andrew it is always a pleasure to receive a great chef from the Niagara region, and I would like to thank you for your review. As a Chef you probably understand that in a Monday evening with only 4 reservations, an evening ending with more than 50 guess can be challenging both for the kitchen and the service, and about the service I have to say Starr is one of the best on the floor and greatly appreciated by our clientele, but like anybody she can be overwhelm when more than 40 guess arrive with no reservation (did you made a reservation?).
I did stop by your table to enquire about your diner while you were halfway through your entre and at this time everything was good, (so you say) you could have ask me for a glass of wine or even introduce yourself, (that what chef do when they meet an other chef…not you? next time don’t be shy, introduce yourself).
Hope to see you soon to give you a better experience.

Thierry,
Chef Owner.
Ottawa, Canada
“Surprise in Niagara”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Went to this spot after doing the jet-boats in Niagara on the Lake (see other review!). We were starving and I had seen reviews for this place on TripAdvisor and thought it would be worth a visit.

In short – food is excellent. We had a quirky waitress, but she was sweet. Loved the ambiance, including the music in the background. Owner checked on us – nice touch.

Wine was reasonably priced. All of us enjoyed our meals. Three/four ordered steak and fries and truly enjoyed it. The fourth didn’t order it because they thought it was a bit expensive. Opted for beef cheeks and while he enjoyed it very much, wished he would have spent the extra few bucks on the steak/frites.

We had the steak with garlic. Feel like the red wine sauce may have been the better choice as I like to have a sauce on my steak and didn’t realize the garlic sauce was really just pureed roasted garlic. Fries were amazing, crispy, and served with mayo – as it should be.

Dessert crepes were amazing. I had one with chocolate shavings – enjoyed it immensely.
My little complaint is on the pricy nature of the steak/frites. I’ve been to Paris and had an entire steak/frites with wine for $20 Euro. The price of their crepes were in line with what you’d expect, but $30 seemed just a bit high for steak frites, even though it was served with tenderloin, and not the traditional entrecote you’d get in Paris.

Loved the ambiance. We all loved the food and wine. Worth a visit for sure. Nice spot off the beaten path. Parking was easy.

• 4 of 5 stars Food