“Great Bang For Your Buck” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn - Chalet Inn and Suites

You added Americas Best Value Inn - Chalet Inn and Suites to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn - Chalet Inn and Suites
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   5577 Ellen Avenue, Niagara Falls, Ontario L2G 3P5, Canada   |
Hotel virtual tour
Ranked #34 of 137 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Hamilton, Canada
“Great Bang For Your Buck”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Me and my girlfriend stayed there the week before new years and had a great experience. We stayed two nights. The staff was very friendly and the location of the hotel was fantastic. Only a two minute walk to Clifton Hill and the Casino. Our room had a couple nice perks like a Jacuzzi tub and fireplace. Its especially nice having a fireplace in the winter season. For just over $100 a night with a CAA membership it was worth every penny.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
chaletinn, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Chalet Inn and Suites, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
We're very happy to know you enjoyed your stay, hopefully we will see you again. Thank you for the review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Cambridge, Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We took a last minute, unplanned, overnight trip to Niagara Falls and actually wanted to stay on the American side, but who knew the hotels we wanted to stay in were completely full! So we came back to the Canadian side and decided to stay at the American Best Value. I had seen it before after staying at the Blackstone Inn (ugh!) down the street. I called their front desk at 9pm and the young man was helpful and said they had rooms and he would hold one for us (no credit card needed) until midnight. The price was right, $91 (taxes included) and I prayed it was better than the Blackstone! We were happy with it! Building has an odd layout, square with parking in the middle and rooms have doors inside hallway with a second door leading to a balcony, which faces the parking lot. Nothing fancy; the room was clean and smelled fresh. Furniture and décor was outdated but bed was comfortable. TV was old but it worked. Room came with a fridge/freezer and microwave. Bathroom looked recently renovated, new tiles fixtures etc. Soaps and shampoos were on the cheap side and there is no hair dryer. I would stay here again and will keep it in mind for future quick trips to Niagara Falls.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
We're glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your review.
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Other than a stain on the box spring the room was very clean. The owners are very nice. This hotel is so close to everything on Clifton Hill and lots of restaurants. Great value for the money. Not sure where the continental breakfast was. My suggestions to improve this hotel would be in room coffee makers and better towels (clean but small).

Due to weather we knew we were going to be late, I called and they said don't worry just get here safely your room will be waiting for you.

Room Tip: Second floor King room with Heart Shapped Jacuzzi and Fireplace was great for the cooler months.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
chaletinn, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Chalet Inn and Suites, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you for your review. We are considering putting coffee-makers in our rooms in the future. As for the continental breakfast, we have it in the basement of our larger building, we are sorry if you were not told specifically where it was.
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

The hotel and room itself were clean and well kept, and very comfortable. The hotel is within walking distance of so many great attractions - literally, about 5 minutes away from the main strip - and not that far from the bus station and train station, so very accessible! The staff is very knowledgeable, and very courteous and nice as well, and can help with anything. It was the greatest location and I'll definitely be returning!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
chaletinn, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Chalet Inn and Suites, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Thank you very much for your review. It's appreciated.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

My family stayed at the Chalet Inn this past summer (2012) and really enjoyed the hotel. Our room was clean. When the a/c malfunctioned the proprietor immediately sent someone to fix it and they brought a dehumidifier to pick up the rest of the dampness in the carpet. The pools were well-maintained and the grounds were clean and accommodating. The hotel is very close to Clifton hill and all the attractions and the shuttle bus is only on the next block. The only thing I didn't like was the location of the breakfast which was a windowless room in the basement, and the way the hotel employee watched every bite we ate. We were not allowed to take a glass of juice or a pastry to our room or walk out of the "breakfast area" with it. Real chintzy...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review.
Sudbury
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Americas Best Value Inn is an average hotel...
- Free parking
- Very close to the attractions (a short 2min walk)
- Decent room.
- Tiny towels.
- Poor WiFi.
- Poor continental breakfast.

What I disliked, was that the owner, Lorenzo was extremely rude to my ball team and myself.
When I booked the rooms he asked me how many people I had per room I advised him that I had 14 girls in 7 rooms, which comes up to 2 girls per room.
When I got to the hotel he asked me again how many girls per room and I said 2 per room. (during that 2 min convo he asked me 5 times how many girls per room, again I told him 2 girls per room.)
The next day he AGAIN asked me and a number of my teamates, how many girls person room, AGAIN we advise him 2 per room.
That night he asked the same question, I politely tell him to stop harasing us, we told him a # of times that we only have 2 girls per room and please stop bothering us about this issue. Lorenzo started arguing with me telling me that "girls" lie and thats why he asked me a million times "how many girls per room" ..... girls lie lol seriously ..... Lorenzo then told me not to ever come back....

Im an easy going person, I understand he has to ask how many people are in the rooms, but after the 20th time SERIOUSLY...... Im done with this place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
chaletinn, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Chalet Inn and Suites, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
We are sorry you had problems during your stay, please feel free to contact us directly to discuss the matter further.
Oshawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

The hotel was perfet for our trip. Location is appealing as it is on a quiet street right around the corner from Clifton Hill. We arrived later than expected and were given a free upgrade to a larger room with an extra bed. Lorenzo, the owner, was on site constantly to ensure all his guests were enjoying their experience. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
chaletinn, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Chalet Inn and Suites, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Thank you for writing your review, we're glad you enjoyed your stay.

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Chalet Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!