“Perfect place for a golf trip” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn - Fallsview

Save Saved
You added Days Inn - Fallsview to your Saves list
Days Inn - Fallsview
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6519 Stanley Avenue, Niagara Falls, Ontario L2G 7L2, Canada   |
Ranked #75 of 139 hotels in Niagara Falls
Toronto, Canada
“Perfect place for a golf trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

For the past 8 years I've coordinated a golf trip for a group of 12 friends. After fiddling around with cities and hotels we've settled on Days Inn Fallsview for the last 3 years and have been completely satisfied.

Parking is easy, it's very close to the casino, an easy drive to any of the courses and we love relaxing by the pool after a round. We just returned from a weekend there and will be booking again for 2013.

The majority of my group includes a lot of people who travel for work, including myself. We recognize that this is not a high end business hotel and make the most of it.

Special kudos to Heather at the front desk. She greets us with professionalism and courtesy every time and resolves any issues for us.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
GM-DaysFallsview, General Manager at Days Inn - Fallsview, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
THANK YOU for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor we appreciate your comments and glad your golf trip was a success we look forward to your visit next year.

233 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Clio,MI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I booked this hotel due to it stated it had wifi and could accomodate four adults and a child. I paid extra for the additional people. When we arrived we found our room barely acceptable, if cramped. There was someone at the front desk stating their room was filthy and refusing to accept it. We couldn't get wifi in the room from any of our devices. We checked with the front desk and they said it was down temporarily, but should be up any minute. Through the two day stay it was never up, yet we were told various stories about someone was coming to fix it to it should be working now. As there was wifi only in the lobby we were forced to sit in the cramped lobby or out on the cement steps to get email. Because I was forced to stand in the lobby I got to hear the front desk people telling guests arriving when asked that yes they would have wifi in their rooms and then various lies, excuses to them later when they'd come back asking or complaining about no wifi or other problems with their rooms. They did not honor the 15% two night stay discount they advertised online and charged an additional $10 a night for a roll away and $10 a night for parking. Upon checkout when I asked why I was not being given the discount and why I was being charged extra over the extra charge I was told snottily that they charged extra for over two people. I don't know why they would as there is no breakfast, no extra towels or anything else, but beyond that I had already paid extra for the extra people. I had watched them stonewall others at check out who were demanding promised discounts or money back and I was in a hurry and tired of getting only lies, excuses instead of service so I just signed for the bill and left. The room smelled musty, the bathroom was very tiny and not very clean, but from talking to a couple of other guests we got one of the better rooms. The outdoor pool was small and cold, with no hot tub and open to the view of the public walking by on the sidewalk. The ice machine was broke on our level and out of ice on the other two levels. The pop machine would only take coins. The location is it's only redeeming feature, but not worth all the rest. I really wish I had stayed somewhere else like the Embassy Suites about a block away which has a killer view. I will never consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
GM-DaysFallsview, General Manager at Days Inn - Fallsview, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
All guest opinions are important to me and would like the opportunity to address yours. Fact all rooms are based on two people and yes all additional adults are $20. per person to a maximum of 5 in a room, yes there is a $10. fee for parking,fridges,microwaves,cots, a out door heated pool which is about 200 feet from the street sidewalk, booking on-line when there is a offer being offered is the price you pay on-line no additional discounts at the front desk, Rosie's Diner is the restaurant on-site $6.99 buffet breakfast and we give a coupon for 10% off, room amentities are put in rooms according to the number of people. Front desk also says to all guest if you have any issues or need or want anything please let us know. Our free WIFI was having issues but unfortunately myself and staff are not computer techicians and call and e-mail out IT dept as soon as issues are brought to our attention. If wifi works in the lobby we are told it works if our IT dept says he will be here that is what we tell our guest.,I have courtesy calls done by the front desk daily for all arrivals and stayovers so that if there is issues we addressed them asap. All our pop machines take coins no bills. Unfortunately our ice machines have a hard time keeping up with guest who fill their coolers, sinks and bathtubs with ice. We have a free observation deck at the Oakes Hotel which all our guest are more than welcome to use for free.
Fort Erie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I stayed here with 3 teenage girls as a treat for my daughters 15th birthday. The service and room was great. A short walk to Fallsview area and a bit further to Clifton Hill but still very close for the price I paid. They staff had some 'trying guests' to deal with while we were staying but still managed to remain friendly and courteous to us. I would certainly recommend this property and definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
GM-DaysFallsview, General Manager at Days Inn - Fallsview, responded to this review, July 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your stay on Tripadvisor regarding your stay at our Days Inn, it's always a pleasure hearing from our guest. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be..
Timmins, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

The staff was dishonest, we didn't per book our room but we were told that we could book at arrival for the same price as if we were to book online. We were told that we would only have to pay $58.00 plus taxes for the night and a $30.00 dollar plus taxes per night for our dog to stay we were not told about any parking fees at all. When we arrived we were told our room would be $99.00 for the night and then at about 4:30 in the morning we were rudely awoken to find a huge bill under our room door in the amount of $160.00. I then went down to the front desk to find out why and they said this is the total cost of your room with pet fee and parking fee. My husbands cousin and I were both told when we checked in that our cost would only be 99.00 and then to get this was an insult. We tried to fight it out nicely with the owner of the hotel as well as Days Inn as well but they wouldn't budge on the amounts. They are tring to tell us that we were told that the room rate for that night was $99.00 dollars plus the pet fee, plus parking fee plus taxes, this is not what we were told we were told our total bill with all fees would be $99.00 for the night, Now we had a witness to this my husbands cousin from England was also staying at this hotel and she was there when we booked our nights stay and they are call her and myself liars they said that right to our faces.now how very rude is that.
The room was dirty but we were way to tired to complain about it as it was about midnight when we got the room after 11:00 pm anyway. We had just traveled more then 13 hours and we were exhausted. the internet didn't work. there were cobwebs everywhere the bathroom was dirty. The ice machine didn't work and the carpets were full of holes and stained and dirty like it hadn't been cleaned in weeks. After we returned home we called Days Inn as well as the hotel and they were both unwilling to make amends for the problems we incurred the people at the front desk said that we could have been asked to leave because we had our dog with us even though they new we had the dog and still have to pay the full amount they wanted.
In Closing don't stay at this hotel if you value your money or your heath.

Room Tip: Stay with the Comfort Hotels groups we have learned through this that at least these people do care...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your comments on tripadvisor we would like to think all guest have a positive experience when staying in our hotel but unfortunately there is always two sides to every story and the customer is always suppose to be right. People get on the internet think what they saw is correct and no matter how it is explained or shown to them we are still wrong. We are a pet friendly hotel with a pet fee its on our website we tell every and any one who asks. Living in most country's there should not be a surprise about taxes. My staff is very caring but unfortunately when being yelled and screamed or even swore at they try and not react to it.
Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

The hotel may be close enough to walk to the falls, but you will fall into a pit if you stay at this hotel. The hotel wifi was down for over a day and the hotel manager offered no accommodation for the inconvenience since we booked through hotels.com. The tv volume only worked on half of the channels. The ice machine was broken.

I had to visit another hotel and explain the problem and ask to use their wifi to contact home and let family know we made it to Canada and check in at work. The whole purpose of wifi is to make these international connections. While at the other hotel I decided to cancel our reservation with Days Inn and book at another hotel across the street. The next hotel was super friendly. Save yourself time and money and don't book at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor. Unfortunately we were having issues with our free WIFI. Our system was purchased in July so being new you would think there should be no issues myself and my staff are not computer technicians we do out best and call the IT department for help. We sit patiently for help and give honest answers to what we know. At anytime if we were to be asked we would accommodate guest by using our back computer we never have a problem with this or printing boarding passes, forgotten vouchers, directions etc.
New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I don't know what more anyone would want for under $70/night. Within walking distance to all the touristy falls-related things, clean (a little on the shabby side), overall a good place to stay if you're not looking for an over-the-top, fabulous hotel experience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor we look forward to your next trip to Niagara Falls.
La Chaux-de-Fonds, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

The location of the hotel is good, you're just 5 minutes away of a good spot for falls view. But you're quite far away of the "downtown" and very far away of the Via Rail Station! But there are many buses to help you!
The rooms are a little bit dirty, the wifi is very slow but for the price it's ok. The bathroom is nice with a big bathtub.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor we look forward to your next visit to Days Inn Fallsview and Niagara Falls.

Been to Days Inn - Fallsview? Share your experiences!