“fallsview room = blue building room” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel

You added Embassy Suites by Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel to your Saves list
Embassy Suites by Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6700 Fallsview Boulevard, Niagara Falls, Ontario L2G3W6, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Niagara Family Package
Ranked #23 of 137 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Toronto, Canada
“fallsview room = blue building room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2009

We booked 1 - "2 Queen FALLSVIEW 2-Room Suite with Breakfast " room which on the website - embassy suites niagara falls states "Overlooks the famous Horseshoe Falls. Enjoy the 'suite' view of the Falls right outside your window! " what a LIE - what it should say is "you can see the falls if you stand in the corner of your room next to the window and look to the left past the big blue building out your window". The manager said that the website picture is a "generic picture" .. IT SURE IS.... false advertising i call it.... there is no where in the description where it says that your view is of a blue building... Room #1

Room #2 : For $20 more a night they offerd us a "2 Queen Premium Fallsview 2-Room Suite with Breakfast " ... Now THIS - is a really nice room... and yes an amazing view of the Horseshoe Falls and American Falls. The view is of the river and both falls... i highly recommend getting this room.

Also - watch your bill - they tried to overcharge us what they originally quoted and what we signed for... if I didn't point it out they would have overcharged us.

Parking - you can park in their parking lot for $20/day or you can park where we parked in the casino parking lot for $5.00/day. It's a 3 minute walk.

Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,357)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2009

During the winter time most of the hotels offer nice packages. What we liked about this hotel was a big nice Jr. Presidential suite that was offered as a free upgrade and the package included $50 dinner voucher everynight, cooked to order breakfast and manger's reception. Everything worked out very good they also include the shuttle to major attraction. Embassy Suite anywhere is just excellent.

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — Valet Parking fees
  • Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2009

Got a deal at their website for a package for $150 on American and Canadian fallsview for an overnight stay. The package included $40 discount on dinner, Managers special for 2, and free breakfast for everyone. We had 2 adults, 2 seniors, and a child. For $200/5 equals $40 per person, that was a deal and a good way to end our Canadian trip.
We tried checking in early at 12 noon but because of the quality of the room, we were told that early check in was not allowed. That gave us an excuse to go to Clifton Hill and eat at Rainforest Cafe. Not to mention seeing the falls. After 3 1/2 hours of going around, we checked in at 4PM and paid the $20 parking. The hotel offered a pool and an arcade which my kid loved so much. After dinner, we all decided to just watch the waterfalls from our room. Me and the wife walked out to the Fallsview Casino and pretty much broke even til 1AM. The walk was only 5 minutes outside to the hotel which was a plus. I would say the Hotel made our trip so memorable that it was worth every penny for the experience.
Pass on the internet fees and just use their FREE business center by the lobby.
I printed all my boarding passes there and checked in for the next days flight.
There is a stairway at the back which lets you walk out to Table Rock at the falls. I could not believe how close we were to the Falls. Overall, I'd say this hotel had the best location and amenities by the Falls. Thank you for all the earlier posts.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2009

we stayed in the 2 queen premium suites fallsview. we stayed on the 34th floor the view of the falls was amazing! I was extremely pleased on how we were treated by all of the employees in the hotel. Any services that we needed we met right away. I would recommend staying here you will be very satisfied. One suggestion i make is that you park at the casino it is cheaper.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
Albany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2009

PREFACE:

So my girlfriend got it into her head that she wanted to go to Niagara Falls. I was game and I looked and I looked for cheap rooms and etc. I couldn't find anything really good and I was starting to become strangely comfortable with the idea of ponying up $300+ for a one night fallsview room. I'm a member of the slickdeals forum and I check it every day. One day I saw a thread about 1 night deal at the Embassy Suites Niagara falls for $125 American for the falls views. The deal included free breakfast, a dinner coupon for the keg, and managers reception (hors devours, drinks,+2 alcoholic drinks). After reading some reviews on here I thought this place could be hit or miss.

It was a big hit.

VALET:
First off, I don't know how I did it but I got lost turning onto the rainbow bridge but it was only like 3 minutes. I found the hotel, I pulled up. I knew about the $5 parking at the Casino but considering how much I saved on my room, I just didn't care. $20 for Valet but I will say this, they were super quick about getting your car. If you called down or even didn't call but just showed up and asked for it, your car was there in 5 minutes or less(even at noon when everyone was checking out). The casino is literally a 3-5 minute walk but I wanted the peace of mind that the hotel was responsible for my car. Also its $20 but that covers your stay, until 3:30 of your next day. That means you can still go see the falls or do some other stuff and not have to pay additional $$.

CHECK-IN/ROOM:
After they took my car, it was onto the check-in desk. They had my room ready right away and I headed up. The room was awesome. It was utterly ridiculous! The bed is enormous, it's two queens pushed together. The whirlpool was large although not super big. I have stayed at places with double whirl-pools that have been much larger. There are 3 sinks in the room and the separate shower is quite large as well. The view was killer I thought; I had a perfect view of the horse shoe falls. Now, I have read many other reviewers complain about not being able to see both falls and how the horse shoe falls is the crappier view. Seriously, this view and this room is awesome!! It really is. I sat for 5 minutes when we got in the room and I just stared at the falls. Anyone who isn't satisfied by this view should probably just stay at home and watch the discovery channel if you want to get closer. Ok. Rant over.

LOCATION:
So after getting into the room, we ventured off to Clifton hill. Now, there was supposed to be this shuttle bus that was going to drive us around for free. We waited, we asked, we waited, and after about 10 minutes I said forget this, it's nice, let's walk. We did. It was really nice out and it was a 15 minute walk to Clifton hill. It’s worth walking, the Casino is really pretty and there are bunch of shops along the way that are worth looking at. Also, the Imax has a free Museum you can kill time in as well. Ask the travel desk downstairs for a map (free) and you're off. I don't think you need the shuttle but if you are old, tired, or lazy you can wait for it.

ELEVATORS:
I didn't have any trouble with the elevators as some of the other reviewers did. I mean we never waited for more than 2 minutes or so. Actually that's not true, when we were trying to take the elevator down to breakfast it took about 5 minutes. The wait wasn't too bad. The issue is that there are only two dedicated elevators to the upper floors (where the rooms are). To access all 4 elevators you must be in the lobby or on the first 9 floors (non-room floors). So if there was going to be a wait it would be leaving from your floor, because there are only 2 elevators working for those floors.

STAFF:
The staff was very friendly and very cool. I had a funny story where I had to buy sandals at the gift shop for swimming and they only had medium. I'm a size 12 foot so they were obviously very small for me. The women said she wanted to see me wear those so after I went swimming I can back and showed her what they looked like. My girlfriend and the lady thought it was funny .The women was very nice and when we needed Tylenol she recommended the cheapest kind, I asked her for a lighter for candles in our room and she told me the desk gave matches out for free(FOR FREEYYEEE!!).

CHARGES:
The hotel in every way it could was trying to trick you to spend your money. There were these tokens that I noticed when I first walked in; the tokens are for items in the vending machine. I thought, how nice, they included these too! In the fine print I noticed that for each token used your room would be charged an additional $3. Then there was a water bottle and items in the mini-fridge which were riiddddiclous prices. I mean I laughed. (Checkout the attached a pic) When I checked out from the hotel I noticed all these strange fees. Promo taxes, and weird stuff. Supposedly you can get those back from the border by submitting some form. Who knew? Also when I ate dinner there were at least $15 worth of weird taxes P.S.T fee, D.S.D. fee, or some stuff like that. It didn’t jack up the bill too much but it seems like Cananda is trying to stick their hand in the tourists pocket as much as they can. Also, there was no free wi-fi provided. The high speed internet in your room came at a hefty price. It's 2009, wi-fi is a must for any hotel. I mean even my gym has it. LOL!

POOL:
We went to the pool which was very nice. It was full of little kids and it wasn't very deep at all. Maybe 4 feet deep? Anyways, it was super chlorinated, my eyes about 2 hours to recover. I suggest if you plan on doing any swimming to wear goggles. Or simply do not open your eyes under water. The large hot tub which was next door wasn't nearly as chlorinated. That hot tub was filled with all these teenage children (cheyea, we’re cool). I chuckled when I overheard one the kids say his dad was at the Casino and he knew where he hid the key to the mini bar. LOL! If they did drink anything in that mini bar the dad was probably going to have to take out a second mortgage on their house to pay for it. haha!

OTHER PEOPLE:
The hotel we noticed after we came back from the pool was filled with lots of 30-40s y/o people partying out. People walked around with beers and wine in their hand. They were all very chatty with us(most of them were American as well). They were also pretty drunk, which was fun. I wasn't turned off by that at all but it just seemed like everyone was there to party out and have a good time. The TGIFs bar area(in the lobby) was filled until late(2am) and because hockey playoffs had started there was lots of rejoicing(drinking/parting/singing) at the keg when we ate dinner.

DINNER:
We ate at the rain forest cafe for lunch and I didn't go to the manager’s reception. It just didn't seem worth to come back for free drinks and pretzels. We had drinks with us and if I was hungry I wanted more than chips. Rainforest was good, I'd definitely recommend that.

The Keg was super tasty!! As many other reviewers noted, the $45 dollar credit won't get you far. I suppose it could have, I mean, the prices aren't that ridiculous. If you split an appetizer, and you didn't order any drinks, and then had a small entree (yes they had plenty of them for under $25). You probably could have gotten almost your entire meal for free. It is true that not everyone gets a window seat, although I did get one for breakfast and dinner. I didn't even ask, just lucky I guess. But seriously, who needs it? I mean, if you have falls view in your room it's probably not even worth eating at this place. The view in my room was almost better than the one at the keg. I didn't find myself looking out all that often, especially at night you won't be able to see that much anyways. If I didn't have a coupon for the keg, I probably would have eaten elsewhere. If I stayed another night, I surely wouldn’t have. It’s not because the food wasn’t good but for the price, I kinda wanted to explore. The Keg is a Canadian chain restaurant it’s comparable to the Cheesecake factory in America. It feels that way too. Quality that you pay for. But it's very pretentious and it's styled very faux trendy/classy.

Anyways, the food was very good at the keg. Probably some of the best steak that I've ever had (I got the filet Mignon). Our waitress was ok, not stellar. The fries came cold so I send them back. When they came back they had too much salt/ other spices on them and really weren't very good. My girlfriend got a spinach salad which was very tasty. The mash potatoes were really really delicious especially if you dipped them in the garlic cream. The cheese sticks and the garlic shrimp appetizers were amazing. The food is just superb. With a few drinks and all that we ordered the bill came to $51 dollars (96 American minus the $45 coupon) and we left a $20 tip(For those keeping track at home that’s a $71 dinner). I've paid more for worse with no view. The overall feeling that I had was that it should be really good for the price. The more you pay the more critical you must be. Oh yea, I almost forgot to mention the billy minor pie was amazing!! We got that for free, for dessert(Normally $6.95). It was a gigantic slice and it wasss soo delicious and free, free, free!! Check the other reviews in here to find the link for the coupon.

BREAKFAST:
The breakfast was OK. For being free it was worthwhile, it didn't cost me anything so I wasn't very critical of it and I was fairly happy with it overall. The pancakes were rubbery, the bake good were disgusting, the eggs looked like they were made from powder. The fruit was fresh, the French toast sticks were tasty, and most of it was pretty eatable. There wasn't that much of a line for the buffet food. The omelet line was pretty long and I didn't have one of those because of the length. Our waiter was friendly and he brought us our orange juice and coffee. I wish I left him a tip but I didn't bring my wallet down with me.

OVERALL:
Overall for a one night stay, I feel like I did it all. I got to see everything I wanted to see. I swam in the pool, took in the sights, explored Clifton hill, eat a few great meals and I really relaxed. With the room and the view I had for the deal I got, I was happy. It was a relatively inexpensive stay. The hotels staff was friendly and I felt welcomed. On the negative side for a major hotel the elevator system is setup very inefficiently. I felt like the hotel was trying to undermine me with its hidden or/and very exorbitant fees. NO WIFI !! I probably wouldn’t do dinner at the Keg again because you’re paying for a view that you already have in your room and it's very pretentious. I’d rather find better/comparable food with better service for cheaper without the faux coolness. I would definitely stay at the ESHNFF again if I could get the same deal again. Very good close to great.

If you wanna see more or know more you can PM me. I have photos and videos of pretty much everything I did.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Nottingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2009

We (hubby, 2 teenagers and myself) stayed in Niagara Falls for one night out of our 10 day holiday and found this hotel to be a real mix - much like the reviers!
We payed for a room on a higher floor (we were on floor 36) and the view was SUPERB - better than from the Skylon Tower! The room was enormous and the boys loved the whirlpool bath. The room was clean and the bed's extremely comfortable. A couple of small negatives - the bedside lights didn't work and neither did the safe.
Breakfast was CHAOS! It was in TGI Friday's and we queued for about 20 minutes before being seated, then we queued for another 20 minutes to serve ourselves from the hot food counters! The food was fine but nowhere near as good as other Embassy Suites. I'm not sure if it was because it was Easter Saturday but if it's usually like that the management need to look at the layout/organisation etc.
The size of the room and the view made our stay - after all that's why we went to The Falls!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
pa.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2009

we just got back 4-24-2009. We had the king suite with whirl pool over looking the horse shoe falls. Our bed was as big as my livingroom. The refrigerator that people are complaining about is just a cooler. I called the desk and they sent up a min.i fridge at no cost. You can go to a room down stairs for free internet.. Our view was awesome and we only paid $107 US a night. The only complaint I have is the illumanation could not really be seen but that was because of the fog and mist. The only other thling is if you have stayed at other embassy suites (like I have) it is not the same. I stayed in cleveland ohio and the room was nicer with flat screen tv's and the set up with the living room and kitchen was bigger. Plus the manager reception lasted for 2 hours and you got as many drinks as you wanted and they had a nice patio off of the bar. All in all you can not ask for a nicer place for the price.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel? Share your experiences!