“Will try another hotel next time” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel

Save Saved
You added Embassy Suites by Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel to your Saves list
Embassy Suites by Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6700 Fallsview Boulevard, Niagara Falls, Ontario L2G3W6, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Niagara Family Package
Ranked #19 of 139 hotels in Niagara Falls
michigan
“Will try another hotel next time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Though our view on the 14th floor was nice, this hotel has ALOT of families/kids running around. Very crowded, SLOW elevators. I was here last weekend and I see lots of complaints of credit cards being declined? Our check in process worked out fine. Our room was a mini suite with the living area, long bar area, microwave and fridge-not cold at all. We used the Travelzoo coupon, so we were able to use the $40 to The Keg restaurant. However, didn't realize how expensive it is there with the taxes. Outback in the States is about $15-$17. Same meal in Canada $30 and lunch for 2 at Wendy's almost $20. BUT....hotel is nice, but caters to too many families-not a bad thing. Breakfast buffet was way too crowded, made to order omelettes was a 20min wait, I didn't want to stand in line for toast. Then trying to find seating was a mess. I stayed here in 2008 and the buffet was in another area and we got seated first. With this deal, we also got free public transportation which we used and the casino money. We thought the deal was good.
My sister in law had a room with a jacuzzi hot tub on the 10th flr and you basically get the roof view with some falls. Obviously the higher you go, the better the view and probably more money. They will try and have you upgrade your room which we declined.
Clifton Hill looks fun if you kiddies, but probably going to spend some cash. Oh, forgot about our 2 lattes that cost $12US. and that was NOT a Starbucks.
Overall, hotel is nice, but I know the Marriott next door is nice too.

Room Tip: Go higher up, but keep in mind elevators are slow
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
alisonw_75, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Tripadvisor Member,

I sincerely appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your room and view and truly apologize for the sub-par service you received from our front desk. Please know that this is not typical of our hotel and staff as every guest is very important to us and we will address these issues with our team. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience what we are known for: truly award-winning hospitality.

Thank you for your feedback and help,

4,143 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,070)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

You can't go wrong if you booked a room with Falls View. Its an awesome view to wake up to in the morning, and at night, you get to see the Illumination in the Falls. The rooms were huge, there was a living room, bathroom and dry kitchen, followed by the sleeping area. It's huge enough to accommodate a family.

The service wasn't impressive. I specifically asked for a non-smoking room, but they were only left with smoking room, and the attitude I got from them was "either you take it or leave". They didn't offer an alternative suggestion or recommend to upgrade the room.

Given the service I get, I would rather give other hotels in the vicinity a try rather than coming back to Embassy if I were to visit Niagara Falls again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Huntington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

My family stayed on the 35th floor in a 2 Queen Jacuzzi suite from Mar 25-29. While the view was great, I probably would try somewhere else on a repeat visit. We arrived to a bathroom, and floor and jacuzzi that had the remnants of someone else's long hair all over. Major ick! Wound up cleaning it myself because it was so gross. The complimentary breakfast was a perk, but very repetitive and the managers nightly reception was uncomfortable and felt like an attempt to get people to eat salty foods so they would spend more money on drinks. The pool area was fine and the kids really enjoyed that. Dinner at the KEG was actually fabulous (prime rib some of the best I have ever had) and a beautiful view of the falls. Would go back for that. The parking fee is crazy! Proximity to attractions was good, but did take advantage of the WEGO system for the little ones legs. The hotel staff were all friendly, so no complaints there. Carpets and furnishings just seemed dated to me and a re-do would help the place out. The beds, bedding and pillows were very comfortable though, although after the bathroom incident I was sort of afraid to use them.

Room Tip: Booked a higher room for a better view, but the view from the KEG on 9 proved to be great as well, s...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
alisonw_75, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Maureen,

I want to personally thank you for sharing feedback on your stay with us on Trip Advisor. I understand that guest suite cleanliness and presentation were of concern, as it is for us as well. In response to reviews such as yours our team will be undergoing additional training as we strive to provide the best in class service and accommodations. I do hope that the next time your travels bring you to the area you will stay with us and provide feedback on how we are doing; we would love to have you.

Ontario, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stayed at the Embassy Suites, Fallsview for one night March 29th-30th.

It was a surprise for my boyfriends 30th birthday.
I am going to start with my one major issue:

I booked our room through an agent at bookit.com
They called and confirmed with the hotel that everything was set.
Since it was a celebration, I wanted a little surprise for my boyfriend.
Although the hotel said they would not put a bottle of wine in the room until after check-in..
They said they could have one brought upstairs at 5pm.
I called down twice to the hotel during the week before we arrived to confirm this - and also confirmed again with the receptionist once I checked in.
5:40pm rolls by and still no bottle of wine.
I called down to housekeeping and had the wine cancelled altogether.
Someone came up to the room and I reiterated what the problem was and that I had confirmed this 3x and that it was inexcusable - Not only because I stressed that this was a special birthday, but with the cost of the hotel room itself ($276 for one night - which had not even included the $53 bottle of wine) issues like this shouldn't have even arose.
He said he would see what he could do.
But that wasn't what I was wanting. I was wanting the last hour back, so we could celebrate my boyfriends day with a little toast to his 30th, before heading out to dinner.
Instead, for a little toast.. We headed down to the T.G.I.Fridays for a $7 beer in a FREEZING atmosphere.
We probably would have had a few drinks, but because it was so cold in there, we left and just went straight to The Keg.

The Keg:
Let me start off by telling you, the keg is under some renovations.
It did not wreck our dinner by any means, however that may be bothersome to some people.
It was not really a romantic-ish setting with a big yellow sign behind my chair with a bear on it that said "Please bear with us" lol.
Another thing, that may be bothersome is the amount of children in there running around. I really feel the keg needs to get a handle on this.
We had children running around in our section, behind our chairs etc. Parents with zero respect for the fact that others are trying to enjoy their night and dinner and they would come up to the window where our table was, taking pictures of the outside etc.
What I did appreciate about this Keg, was how friendly everyone was. I also appreciated that there were not a bunch of obnoxious waitresses in skimpy dresses, fawning over the tables (At least not in our section or that I noticed). This is usually a problem at The Keg where we are from and we just simply do not go there anymore because of it. So we were really appreciative of the classiness Niagara had.
The food was delicious and prices are what you would expect from The Keg.
To give you an idea: 2 steaks (one 12oz and one 8oz) with lobster tail and 2 pints of beer were $138.
For my boyfriends birthday, they gave him a HUGE piece of cake, which we shared.
I cannot even explain how good this cake was. It is called Billy Miner Pie. Get It!!!

A little run down:
The Room: We stayed in the King Suite with the whirlpool jet tub with a falls view. Room #: 3014
I wouldn't have exactly categorized this as a "Falls view" room. As, when laying on the bed - all you could see was the hotel next to us. To see your falls view, you actually had to stand at the window and look a little toward the left. The rooms could definitely use a make-over, as they are very dated.
Some things that I noticed were - A hole in the blinds. A rip in the sheets and the whirlpool jet tub had a crack which was sealed and noticeable.
These were minor things, but again...For the price of the room, people may not expect to see any flaws.
The wonderful part of the room was the bed. It was MASSIVE. Not that comfortable, but very big and fun to lounge on and sleep in :-)

T.G.I.Fridays: The atmosphere was definitely not upbeat and friendly like I would have expected, but it was not that huge of deal. However, it was so cold in there, we only stayed for one drink. There were 3 other people who were having a drink at the bar and they all had their winter jackets on as well. It's definitely not somewhere we wanted to hang around for a while. I also think the workers could show a bit more cheerfulness. No one was rude to us by any means, but it would be nice to look around and see some smiles.

Embassy Suites: As I addressed off the bat - my main issue was the wine. I just couldn't believe that after confirming twice previous to check in that week and once again UPON check-in, the wine still did not arrive. However, after dinner at The Keg, we returned to our room to find 2 robes, 2 pairs of slippers and 2 candy bars on the bed - with a note from housekeeping "I hope this helps a bit - Happy 30th Birthday!". While, I thought that was a kind gesture... Why not offer the WINE? lol. So I am going to have to give the Customer Service a TERRIBLE rating.
I am still upset by it - as this was a little surprise I had planned for someone's very special day.

VALET: Just to let those know, if you are going to do the Valet parking...Do not leave anything you may need, in your car - As your vehicle is not parked on the premises. It is parked about a 3 minute drive away on a big outdoor parking lot. And to retrieve your car at the end of your stay, you board a shuttle and they take you to it. Also good for those to know, in case you plan on giving the "valet" key for your vehicle.
Location: The location is fine, especially if you just want to head out to dinner somewhere and do a bit of gambling. Fallsview Casino is about a 5 minute walk and Applebee's is right across the road.

However, we will definitely never ever consider staying at this hotel again. There are MANY around in the same vicinity to restaurants and casino and for a much lower price (perhaps even much better customer service). I do think a lot of this has to do with the Wine order though. And for the price I was paying, it was just a completely unacceptable issue to have to deal with.

Dear Tripadvisor Member,

I am very sorry to hear we were not able to provide you with the quality of services and amenities you deserved during your recent stay with us. Please know that this is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are sorry we let the ball drop. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience and your detailed comments will help us to best meet and exceed your needs moving forward. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider giving us another chance to show you the quality hotel experience you expect and deserve from us should you return to our area in the future.

CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for last minute escape via Capitol One rewards. The entire staff was top notch. Room was the biggest I have ever stayed in but had a slight leftover smoke stench. The plumbing had a leak of some sort in the whirlpool that was annoying. The room had all you needed for a comfortable stay. We stayed in a falls view room but we were so close to the Marriott we could see in the windows. I assume they could see in ours as well . The breakfast Buffett was good although some reviews said it was bad, I was able to eat oatmeal, fruit and veggie omelet. They had tons of food, sausage bagels, baked goods, potatoes etc. The informational brochure said go between 7-8 am to avoid the rush, best tip ever.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We were offered what I considered a reasonably priced upgrade to a jr. presidential suite ($35/nite) which included a full frontal view of both falls, a Jacuzzi, and (electric) fireplace. Amazing and well worth the extra cost in our opinion. Views were so spectacular, especially at night when lighted, that we never turned on either of the TVs! Unlike one review that perceived this as a "bait and switch", it did not feel like that to me...did not denigrate the current room, nor was it a "hard sell" to try to convince me to upgrade....merely a matter of fact "we have an upgrade available if you wish". Very convenient to most falls activities but away from the "tourist traps" (e.g. Ripley's Believe it or Not, etc.
Couple not as pleasant "surprises", especially for a "suite only" quality hotel...1) the room only had a "cooler", not a refrigerator (though one was cheerfully brought up once I contacted the front desk, 2) Wi-Fi cost $10/day...not necessarily outrageous per se, but c'mon, you get free Wi-Fi at a Super 8!!
Last suggestion is to get to the breakfast buffet no later than 8:30. Plenty of tables to eat at, but the serving area is relatively small and gets very crowded by 9. Buffet itself is very adequate...nice choices at the made to order omelet stations (tho somewhat slow), good variety, and amazing tasting bacon! Dinner at the Keg Restaurant was exceptional both evenings we were there.
Found staff to be VERY friendly and helpful.
Looking forward to returning soon. We were there while schools were in session so did not have the kids running around issue that some have mentioned.

Room Tip: Higher floors get a better vista. Although we don't have an idea of how a "standard"...
Cleveland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I've stayed here beforehand wrote an excellent review. Tried to stay here again and it was the worse experience I've ever had. I had a groupon deal for $125. As I arrived in Canada from Ohio and tried to check in. They informed me that my credit card had been declined earlier in the day so my reservation was cancelled. I asked why they didn't call and talk to me they stated they aren't allowed. I asked why would they run my credit card before I checked in they stated because it was gonna be close to sold out. They then informed me I could rebook a room for $250 plus tax and parking, or they could book me some place else. The manager did nothing to help me and basically told my girlfriend and I that the conversation was over and he walked away. The kicker is that there were other couples who were checking in while we were and had the exact same problem. This ruined our vacation weekend. Not what I'm used to from a Hilton property.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
alisonw_75, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the hassle and frustration you experienced on your recent visit to our property. We strive to accommodate every guests reservations and apologize for this unfortunate circumstance. Please know that we value each of our guests and would appreciate the opportunity to assist you. Please contact me at your convenience so I may lend a hand. I hope you will give us another chance to show you the quality hospitality you expect and deserve from us the next time you travel to the area.

Guest Assistance Manager

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel? Share your experiences!