You added Embassy Suites by Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel to your Saves list
Embassy Suites by Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6700 Fallsview Boulevard, Niagara Falls, Ontario L2G3W6, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Niagara Falls Fun Package
Ranked #21 of 137 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Toronto, Canada
“Great fallsview”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I have stayed here several times and continue to do so as the rooms are spacious when travelling with kids (2 room suites) and has one of the best views of the falls. I stayed here first week of Jan with my wife for one night. We were on the 39th floor overlooking the falls which were fabulous. Short walk to the casino. You can get a equally good view of the falls from the lower floors. In fact the higher you go, you need to be next to the window to see the falls. Included in the package was breakfast, 2 drinks and $40 towards dinner. The main issue is with the wait times for the restaurant. Even though there were 20 people ahead of me when checking in the checkin process was fast. For dinner at the Keg, there was a 1.5hr wait time just to get a pager and another 20 mins from then for a table! Might try TGIs which is in the hotel next time. For breakfast, wait time for a table was not too bad and there was buffet food. Lineup for omelets was more than half hour. Breakfast was self serve and crazy busy with all the families foraging. If there is a lineup for the Keg, there is a smaller Keg at lobby level. No view so there is not that many people so we ate there as we had the best view from our suite anyway. Starbucks on site. Parking is $20 and you have to take a shuttle to pick up your car or $30 for full valet.

Room Tip: Fallsview off course. Any room from 15 up is great, you do not need to be on the highest floors.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,530)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

My husband and I celebrated our 10 Year Anniversary at Embassy Suites which is the first hotel we stayed at together when we were in high school so we thought we would go back there for our 10 year celebration. First off, the gentlemen at check -in told us he had already upgraded us to a higher fallsview floor, and when we went to see the room, it was a connecting room (no thank you!) and had an older tv in front of the bed and a flatscreen in the living area. My husband and i went right back down and said we did not feel comfortable in a connecting room as we have had a bad experience before. After my husband mentioned that we would like a room with a flatscreen tv in the bedroom, the check in clerk said oh yes ofcourse, sorry about that, it's a hit or miss and then said he has upgraded us to a Presidential Suite. So we thought, why was this not the upgrade he gave us in the first place? Unfortunately we know why...it's because they see younger people and they try to trick you into a crappier room by telling you it is an upgrade. It is a good thing that we know different and are used to having this "wool over the eyes" trying to be pulled on us, so we recognized right away what was happening and called him out on it. Without doing so, we would have never received the actual upgraded suite we received. The room, once in was BEAUTIFUL and we were very happy with it. We did find the fireplace to be in a strange area, as it would be nicer if on an angle, so you could experience it from bed and the whirlpool tub. Also, once in bed, because it is very low (I assume for Wheelchair accessibility) you cannot see the falls view at all. Only when sitting or standing at the window do you see this view. The whirlpool is so slippery it is on the verge of dangerous. They need to make some grip strips for where you are sitting on each end, as my husband had to keep hold of my legs so I didn't slip while trying to soak in the warmth of the water. It is the nicest whirlpool in the surrounding hotels, just very slippery to where you can't just sit in the tub without sliding. Upon check out, I saw my credit card statement and saw additional charges, and when I called to inquire I was told it was for a missing bottle of rum? Interesting because my husband and I don't drink liquor, especially not dark rum. So they said they would credit our card back, but this should not have happened in the first place. The last thing that should be done is with your package where you receive the $40 voucher to the Keg Steakhouse and Bar, they should really include the other Keg, at the Courtyard Marriot is, as Fallsview Keg is very busy and not always can they accomodate you for dinner at a reasonable hour. Not many people I know can stomach eating a heavy steak dinner at 10:00pm by the time they have space available to seat you. Overall, nice stay, but didn't like the attempted room scheme.

Markham, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Our family of 4 had a fantastic stay at the Embassy Suites in Niagara Falls. We had room 1710 and it had a perfect view. Two Bedroom suite with a jacuzzi tub that had windows that opened to the master bedroom. We had an amazing deal from the Hotel that included an Appetizer, 2 mains and 2 glasses of ice wine at the onsite KEG restaurant. Make sure you make a reservation for the KEG or you will wait forever.

The deal included 2 alcohol drinks at the managers reception and some small snack & Breakfast for 4 at the Keg in the morning with made to order omelets or eggs.If you dont mind the walk park at the Fallsview casino for free with your players card.

Room Tip: Choose a room higher up if you can to get a great view of the falls. The room 1710 had a great view...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Very nice Hotel, great location, 2 Keg restaurants in the same building but... on the 9th floor there was a HUGE line up to Keg and you can not make a reservation. Breakfast was Ok but it's was FREE with our package so i can not complain. :) Parking (valet) was $30 per nigh and accross the street there was an indoor parking for $6 per night. Nice and cozy swimming pool with 2 jacuzzi pools (one with hot and another with warm water). The only thing is the depth of the main pool - it's only 1' deep probably due to children safety issue (pool is unsupervised). We had a huge suite with 2 rooms which needed a small renovation - they weren't that bad but was "really old fashion".

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Victor, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

and that's a 50% increase over the listed price. And yes I was expecting some additional taxes and such but they should be forthright with this and just include it in the price. Parking, for example, isn't optional because there's no on-street parking. It's a minimum of $20 a night. So include that. And Canadian taxes are very high. Include that too.

Service was excellent. Buffet breakfast was absolutely awful - oversteamed and cold eggs, pancakes, somthing that resembled bacon, etc. There was a cook-to-order line that we saw on the way out...but the line was very, very long.

Rooms were great, view was great. They had an awesome parking set up considering 25 cars could pull up in a matter of minutes.

Room Tip: the higher the better.
Mayfield, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I just returned from a horrible stay at the Embassy Suites Niagara Fallsview. While the location is quite convenient the attitude of the management is disheartening. The advertisement is false, they really don't care about you as a customer and they nickel and dime you to death. We arrived Saturday January 12 and stayed 1 night. We had driven 4 hours to get there. They sit atop of the hill on a corner & traffic was terrible as they tried to squeeze as many cars as they could into this little turnabout in front of the building on this corner. Not like the grand open areas of other Embassy Suites. Intact they had a gentleman trying to direct traffic who was inept at best & rude to put it politely. After waiting (& blocking traffic on a very busy road) for 7-10 minutes he gruffly yelled at me to pull in. (it wasn't my fault he didn't know how to manage such a little area & he shouldn't have been mad at me for his failure.) We were then told NO SELF PARKING. PAY $20 & THEY'LL PARK OFFSITE 3 (yes 3) BLOCKS AWAY, OR $30 ONSITE. Although the line was long once at the desk, check in was quick. Ashley was accommodating when advised it was a special occasion. However, that is where ANY pleasantry ended. We went up to our room & freshened up, called the Keg restaurant to confirm our reservation & were told we missed it. I advised it wasn't possible as I personally scheduled it myself for 6pm. I then was confronted on the phone by a RUDE hostess who stated I was incorrect & they only hold reservations 15 minutes & are totally booked until 9:45. That was unacceptable as I had booked this reservation 5 days earlier & it was a special occasion. I asked for the manager who came on & as I tried to explain my situation she ABRUPTLY CUT ME OFF & said WHAT DO YOU WANT? WE ARE EXTREMELY BUSY NOW! JUST COME DOWN & TELL THE HOSTESS CHRISTINA SAID PUT YOU IN. She then HUNG UP on me! So, we changed plans & did the managers reception which BOASTED HORS D'OEUVRES. We had PICKLES, POTATO CHIPS, PTETZELS, CARROTS & CELERY IN PAPER TRAYS. (GREAT TO BE PAIRED WITH THE WINE - FREE DRINK they served-Yuk!) So we decided to try TGIFRIDAYS instead if the RUDE restaurant...FORGET IT! (That's another review). After dinner we walked 1 block toFallsview Casino. Great time there! We came back about 10:30/11 pm and walked down our corridor which was cluttered with paper trays of potato chips spilt everywhere. We then relaxed, and tried to go to sleep. Well, we kept hearing thumps and loud noise, slamming sounds. Then a woman screaming & a man yelling. We called security & they finally came up. Next morning went to question bill as they added $19+ for the room & the hall was still littered with debris. I had passed a maintenance man & told him about it & when I returned, the paper trays were gone but chips were still everywhere. (p.s. $19+ on bill was "room tax" they couldn't list separate (?). At least that's what I was told. Came home to US and saw my account. They charged $75 already, Sunday night. Called this morning & advised of situation & AGAIN was CUT OFF & TOLD we have signs about holds & WE LIST SNACKS! WE ARE NOT OTHER EMBASSY SUITES! I tried to explain again what MY VOUCHER/ADVERTISEMENT WHICH THEY APPROVED SAID & was again told Sorry! That's NOT WHAT WE POST. (I have a coat of what was posted & they DON'T CARE.) SO, now I was told I must WAIT 3-5 BUSINESS DAYS for funds to be back. TRAVELER BEWARE!

• Stayed January 2013
Cleveland, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stayed here over New Year's. We got upgraded to a full fallsview room on the 19th floor (room 1901- it was a handicapped accessible room). The room was much larger than the 2 of us needed and the view was outstanding! One note though- there is no direct way down to the falls during the winter months from the hotel.

With our room we got a voucher to the Keg and to Dave and Buster's, both of which we enjoyed. While the manager's reception was quite crowded, we found a table right away and were given 2 full-size beers (in real glasses). The food was definitely snack food (chips, celery and carrots w/ dip, etc.) but we appreciated it after a long day of driving. The breakfast was just okay- my husband enjoyed the omlet station but I found the other food to be lukewarm. We were always able to get a seat by the windows at breakfast and did not find there to be very many lines (although we were always there by 8:15-- the lines were considerably longer around 9:30).

The only reason I can't give this hotel a "5" is due a few minor issues. Parking is confusing and even though we chose the "self-park" option, the car ended up being brought to us. The parking valets were quick and friendly, but we would much rather park our own car on site. The elevators are the biggest reason I can't give a 5. They were the slowest elevators I have ever encountered. We would usually wait around 10 minutes (usually longer) for an elevator to arrive and it was usually packed with people. Most times we ended up just walking down the stairs to 9 then taking the "express elevator" to the lobby.

We had an issue with our room rate and although the front desk staff was quite rude about it when questioned, Alison was quick to respond to my email with a helpful and kind attitude. Despite this (and the other "cons" listed above), we would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for the "dest fee" to be removed from your bill at checkout- it is a voluntary tax!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel? Share your experiences!