“Cleanliness of our room was unacceptable.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel

You added Embassy Suites by Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel to your Saves list
Embassy Suites by Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6700 Fallsview Boulevard, Niagara Falls, Ontario L2G3W6, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Niagara Falls Fun Package
Ranked #21 of 137 Hotels in Niagara Falls
“Cleanliness of our room was unacceptable.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

just wanted to send an email to who it may concern about our stay here at the embassy suites in Niagara. The staff here are very friendly and welcoming. Great breakfast and managers reception. With the service provided here my partner and I are very pleased with how we have been treated as guests; however, we are extremely disappointed with the housekeeping ! We checked in last night, and when we checked in we noticed hair in our whirlpool , as well as soap residue, hair in our shower, hair on the bathroom floor, cigarette ashes all Along the back of the bathroom wall. Our bed sheets were inside out and the windowsill was completely covered in dust, as wells as the top of the tv and basically everywhere else. The reason why we wanted to stay with embassy was because of the beautiful falls view and the whirlpool room, but I just had to physically get into the whirlpool and clean it myself, so my partner and I could actually use it. I don't feel a need to complain to front desk about this matter, because I do not believe that they have any control over the situation. Today we asked for no housekeeping to be done in our room, due to lack of actual cleaning being done. The one reason why I write an e-mail is because for 2 years I worked as a house keeper in a marriott hotel. I know that if I was a housekeeper and I was to leave even one hair on the floor it was unacceptable! And in our room There is multiple concerns with the cleanliness. Is there not a Housekeeping supervisor that comes to check the rooms after house keeping has cleaned them to clear them for being ready for your guests? If there is he/she is clearly not doing his/her job, as well as the housekeeper that cleaned room 3104 on Friday dec. 7th 2012. I do understand that this is a busy hotel, and I do understand how physically demanding a house keepers job is; however, for the price we are paying for Our room which is a jr. Presidential suite, it is unacceptable for the room to be in such condition that your guests have to clean things before use. Presidential suite or non presidential suite, it is nothing but disgusting and unacceptable. Unfortunately we are very disappointed, and because of this we do not believe that we will be returning guests.

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,608)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

On our arrival we had a great room already booked with a falls view, jacuzzi tub, fire place! The girl checking us in kept pushing for us to upgrade saying " well for only 75 dollars more we can upgrade you to a nicer room at a discounted rate" we said I think we we are happy with our room. Again she pushed saying "well it's just a nicer room"- aren't they all nice rooms here. As though she was profiting the extra money for our stay.Sorry we couldn't spend the extra $75 for the room on top of paying 23 dollars including taxes for a valet shuttle service.

The jacuzzi tub was not clean had hair and dirt on the base of it. The toilet was also not cleaned.

The noise from the floor drain in the bathroom was dripping all night with zero water running to it.

The view was great and comfortable bed!

• Stayed December 2012
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

The view was out of this world, literally ontop of the falls ..... but it was very expensive. The breakfast was totally pointless, you had to queue with the rest of the hotel and everything was deep fried and disgusting.

Although the view was amazing - I would suggest you stay in another hotel with the same view and probably better food and service.

Oh and the spa....hmm, pretty poor - no changing rooms and limited facilities i.e. just a pool and jacuzzi

FOOD TIP - go to the casino - there is an all you can eat buffet for $20 and it is sooooo goood!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We stayed one night at the Niagara Falls Embassy Suites on our way up to Toronto and wished we'd stayed longer! The staff was welcoming on arrival (valet, bell, front desk) and we were checked in in less than 5 minutes to the most fabulous room. Let me describe fabulous for you....a two-room suite with jacuzzi tub, picturesque window (one wall length) directly overlooking the Falls, and all the comforts of home. Amanda and the staff at the front desk really know how to be hospitable!

It was a short walk to the casino and loads of restaurants. We opted to eat at the Fridays on the 1st floor after indulging in our complimentary cocktail and light snacks from Embassy Suites.

My luggage had been lost by the airline and they followed up with me to let me know when it arrived. I left my charger in the lobby when I checked in and only realized it when I was checking out and they had found and held it behind the desk for me!

Overall couldn't ask for anything more. I'll definitely be back and have been telling friends about it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Seven Hills
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We stayed here on a recent "girls weekend" with my family. The price for the hotel is a bit much then on top of that you have to pay $30.00 for valet service, if you want to pay $20, you can park it on an offsite lot and take a shuttle. These charges for parking are ridiculous! There are other hotels that do not have the same "fee" and are much better. Look around first and only use this place as a 'last resort'. We were told that it was a fallsview room and if you looked out the window and tilted your head, you could see the falls out of the corner. There was a nice bellman/concierge who offerred to take our pictures with all of our cameras but he was the only friendly person. The manager is also very rude and not at all a nice person. He treated my sister like dirt instead of trying to make her stay better. Really would not stay here again. This is not like other Embassy Suites.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
alisonw_75, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing feedback on your experience. We always appreciate hearing from our guests especially on areas in need of improvement. We apologize for the steep parking costs and are taking this concern into consideration as we continuously work to improve our guests’ satisfaction. We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy the view from your room and for the unpleasant impression our team made. I am glad our bellman was able to partially redeem our service and assure you your comments on this will not go unnoticed. We will begin additional service training shortly in the hopes of ensuring every guest feels welcome and valued moving forward. Thank you again for your comments and we hope you will consider staying with us again so that we might redeem our standing the next time you visit the area.

Alison Wilkinson
Guest Assistance Manager
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

My family and I stayed there on Nov. 23 for 1 night.The room was fine.
My only complaint is the breakfast which is currently served at TGIF on the main floor since we were told the 9th floor location(keg) is under renovation.At dinner the keg is open though and the food is very good. I don`t like drinking my morning coffee out of a styro cup and getting it at a self serve counter.
The omlette/food was good.But the ambiance doesn`t compare to the upstair`s location.
This was our 4th time here.It did not meet our expectations from previous times.Our room was not ready at the time of check in but our friends was,so we could put our stuff there.They were on the same floor,but they could not give us connecting rooms.It was just a bunch of minor issue that added up.
Overall though it was a good getaway,but we would now consider to try another hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing feedback on your experience. We always appreciate hearing from our guests especially on areas in need of improvement. We apologize for the misstep at check in and for the inconvenience of breakfast due to our current renovations. We are sorry to hear you were disappointed in this trip and hope we will have another chance to show you the quality service and accommodations you have come to expect from us.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you back!

Alison Wilkinson
Guest Assistance Manager
London, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

First off, this is a beautiful hotel. When you arrive parking is valet only. It is handled very efficiently by friendly staff. Check in was quick. We had called ahead about the rates because they had gone down since we booked. My husband was told a specific rate at check-in which did not materialize when we got our bill. We did not bother to haggle as we did not have time to stand in the check out line that was at least twenty people long on the Sunday morning.

The view from the room is breathtaking. A perfect view of both the Horseshoe and the American falls. That evening we got to watch a beautiful fireworks show.

Breakfast that was included with the room was either a made-to-order in Applebeas or buffet on the 9th floor. Well you could not get near the made-to-order as there was seriously at least fifty people waiting in line to get in. Up to the buffet. It was unfortunate that it was cold. We chose not to eat it (well my husband ate his). The next morning was better.

All in all a nice stay. Special mention to the porter that brought our bags down on Sunday. The elevators were quite slow as this was the busy time. He was cheerful, clearly likes his job as he has been there for 11 years. Very efficient.

We might stay again. It would be nice if the breakfast issue was handled a bit better. Plus, the agreed upon rate should probably have made it to our bill....

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel? Share your experiences!