“Bottle of Evian water” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel

You added Embassy Suites by Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel to your Saves list
Embassy Suites by Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6700 Fallsview Boulevard, Niagara Falls, Ontario L2G3W6, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Niagara Falls Fun Package
Ranked #21 of 137 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Toronto, Canada
“Bottle of Evian water”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Beware of the bottle of Evian water innocently displayed but deviously placed on the kitchenette cabinet. It is intended to dent a $11.00 hole (credit card debit) in your budget after you leave the hotel. Remember Evian spelled backwards is Naive.

Nowhere does it indicate that the water is not complimentary for thirsty guests. Normally the items are stocked inside the mini-bar and a price-list is displayed prominently.

What is being done here is unconscionable and not acceptable.

This will be the last time I stay at the Embassy Suites and all other Hilton hotels.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,498)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

This was our 4th or 5th stay at the Embassy, I've lost count and still love this hotel as a must for at least one night when we visit Niagara. We live in Toronto and about twice a year we purchase one of the deals offered by Travelzoo/Groupon or the Embassy's deal emails. Everything was to our liking just the same this time, the only differences were that we got a cityview room for a change and breakfast was serviced in the TGIF's downstairs rather than in the reception area by the Keg on the 9th floor but the food was the same. It's an amazing quality breakfast for being free thats for darn sure. We've also never had anything but wonderfly clean rooms/towels/sheets.. the beds are so comfortable, I (normaly a night owl) have no problem getting into bed early to watch some tv and relax for the night.

I would definitely reccomend this hotel to anyone traveling in the Niagara area any time of year!

Chagrin Falls Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Embasssy Suites Niagara Falls didn't live up to my experience at other Embassy Suites. I guess I'd have to say that 95% of my hotel stays are for business purposes and the Niagara Falls area really caters to tourists. Nothing wrong with tourists but business travelers have different needs and expectations.

We stayed on the 28th floor and the view was fantastic. No matter how many years it's been since your last visit to the area, the Falls are always something special. The view from most of the Embassy Suites rooms are worth the price.

The room was clean, spacious and met my needs. Perhaps a little outdated but I was looking out the window the entire time!
The staff at the front desk was OK...nothing special. A big turn-off for me was the "Tip Jar" in front of each and every front desk staff. At first I thought it was a place to toss left over change for Charity but that was not the case. Come on...a tip jar for just doing something that is your job or responsibility....really?

The Bell and Valet staff was pretty darn good. Polite and quick, pleasant people.

Want to save yourself $30+ dollars? Drive about a block or so past the Embassy Suites and you will find at least 2-3 places to park for about $5.00 a day. Valet parking at Embassy Suites is $30 a day plus taxes of $5.00.

The Fitness Center was also just OK. Three treadmills but two of them were non-working. I mentioned it to the front desk staff and they said they would look into it. Maybe I should have put a dollar in the tip jar?

The pool looked like fun but I can just imagine it would be a total nut-house in-season. There is roof-top outdoor seating that would be great for a warm summer evening.

Since this is a tourist area, keep in mind that everything is designed to suck dollars out of your wallet. Embassy Suites charges $10 a day for wireless internet and then charges about $3.00 taxes on top of that. Many hotels now provide this service at no-charge...even lower end places where rooms don't cost $200+ per night.

Wait till you get your bill...taxes on taxes and then some more taxes. Just prepare yourself.

Like other comments, there are lines for breakfast, lines for lunch and lines for dinner. I suggest you get up early for breakfast, go to lunch at 11 am and make a dinner reservation 24 hours in advance. Dinner at the Keg Steakhouse and Bar was pretty darn good. We had two very good steaks....not excellent but very good. Service was very good but I suspect our waitress was very experienced. She visited the table exactly when we had needs.

As I said, not my usual Embassy Suites experience but I am guessing that this would be one of the better hotels in the area. The location is great and walking to/from the Falls is pretty easy and can be done by just about anyone in decent health.

Room Tip: Read the room descriptions carefully.The fallsview room on the 28th floor was fantastic. I suspect t...
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

The room was great and included breakfast. Breakfast options were very limited which was disappointing for a hotel of this size. The other issue of concern was a fire alarm going off about 3am which resulted in very poor communication from hotel staff. We rang twice to find out what was happening (second time was because we'd not been told anything) and the front desk staff advised that the PA system was no longer working but that we could assume everything was ok because the fire department was there. This is a serious safety concern that needs to be addressed immediately. On the upside, the suite was comfortable for our family and we had brilliant views of the falls.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Fairport, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

For the money, I was expecting a lot more. Breakfast was very crowded and food was not very good. View of the falls was good. Rooms were spacious and clean, but a little outdated. Our room request was honored.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We booked this hotel for one night while traveling as a couple with our 5 year old. The staff at check-in were professional and efficient. The parking valet guys were very friendly and quick. The bell hops were extremely helpful and were very kind to our daughter. All the staff we encountered during our stay were professional and very courteous.
We had a beautiful room on the 34th room with an amazing view of the horseshoe falls. The room upon entry had a living room with a couch, table with 4 chairs, closet and a nice flat screen TV. Then there was a short hallway with a small pantry with sink, microwave, bar fridge and coffee maker. The bathroom was large with a whirlpool tub which had frosted doors that opened to the bedroom so you could still enjoy the view while soaking in the tub. The bathroom also had a separate toilet with a shower stall. The bedroom consisted of 2 very, very comfortable queen beds, a large wardrobe, a second TV and gorgeous floor to ceiling windows so that you could enjoy the view of the falls!
The room and carpets were exceptionally clean! The carpet test that always tells me if the room is truly clean is that when I look at the bottom of our white socks after walking on the carpets to see if they turned black. Well, our socks remained white and I can say that the carpets were truly clean! We found our room to be extremely spacious and very comfortable.
There are a few areas for improvement. The hotel does not seem to have enough elevators to accommodate the volume of people that use them. There was always a long line-up for the elevators at any given time. The on-site Keg restaurant had ridiculous wait times. As soon as we checked in to our room at 5:30pm we called to make reservations and they told us that they had none and we had to come in person to request a table and then wait 90 minutes for a table. I'm sorry but when you are a paying guest at the hotel you should have priority in getting a table, instead of being put in the line with all the walk-in guests off the street. So, we ended up waiting 90min for a table with our poor 5 year old that was starving and exhausted by the time we did get a table for dinner. This is unacceptable subjecting hotel guests to this kind of practice. Also, when were walking through the restaurant we noted several empty tables! So now we question there lack of organization in seating tables as well! The dinner was good, but not exceptional considering the price we paid for it. So next time if we visit this hotel again we will be sure to secure reservations at another fine dining restaurant to avoid such ridiculous wait times!
But the wait and line-ups don't end here! In the morning when we went down for our breakfast which was included with the room we had to wait 15 min for an elevator that was not completely packed. Then again we had to line-up to get into the restaurant, then again we had to wait in long line-ups at the breakfast buffet to serve ourselves! It gave me the impression that for such a large hotel that they were ill equiped to deal with large volumes of guests! The breakfast by the way was mediocore, but at least we did not starve.
If staying in Niagara Falls again, we would stay at this hotel again for the lovely amenities of the 2 room suites which is ideal for traveling families. However, we would go elsewhere for dinner and breakfast.

Room Tip: Get a room the 30th floor and up
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
New Haven, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

If you book in advance, double check the room rates before they charge your credit card. I booked in August for this October trip. Had I not called I would have never known the seasonal rate was much less. Also, I was told there was no free wi-fi in the lobby that it was only for airline ticket printing. So they got me for $13 for a 24 hour period for room wi-fi. Next day, I go to lobby and see people on Facebook and their email. So there is FREE internet in the lobby, don't get roped in like I did. The people at the front desk act like robots and could care less what you need to ask them. The rest of the staff is wonderful and helpful. The room was spotless and the view was breathtaking. They say they give you a free shuttle to all attractions, which turned out to be a HUGE bus that runs every hour or so. You are better off buying a package deal and have a small van take you around. The breakfast was excellent and so was the Keg dinner. Look for coupons and deals everywhere because it is not cheap to stay there. Had I known how expensive it was to stay on the Canadian side (huge taxes), I would have stayed on the US side and walked over the bridge to save myself some $$$$$$$. 5 stars for awesome view though!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel? Share your experiences!