“Trying to forget even walking in that place!” 1 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Niagara Inn Downtown to your Saves list
Niagara Inn Downtown
Niagara Inn Downtown
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   5703 Thorold Stone Road, Niagara Falls, Ontario L2J 1A1, Canada   |
Ranked #121 of 139 hotels in Niagara Falls
Toronto, Canada
“Trying to forget even walking in that place!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

First of all, the front desk was a mess and it took the staff an hour to get us to our room. Oh and the continental breakfast was just two boxes of cereal! When we were going to ower room we saw someone smoking and we asked for a NON-smoking room, when we got the door open we smelt smoke and dust. The bed had black dots on it (we're guessing bed bugs) we looked in the bathroom and saw black gunk in the toilet, hair in the bathtub, and dirt every where. There was also stained carpets, old furnature, and a broken coffee maker. We walked out without a word and left the city and stayed in Burlington. NEVER STAYING THERE EVER!!!! Also we didn't get ower money back! Please don't be fooled by the website, it's not like the pictures!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
bazlur s, Owner at Niagara Inn Downtown, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
The management apologizes for the inconvenience this guest experienced. Due the length of time between the stay date (July2011) and review post (March2012) we are unable to trace this incident. Any quality control oversight which led to this incident have since been addressed.

19 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Toronto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

REASON FOR MY STAY: friend’s weekend
Other Comments: Okay this hotel should be shut down, like 4 years ago. The check in was disorganized with our reservation getting lost.
after we got our rooms, our room had 2 different carpets in the room, and smelled of burnt wood and bleach. The light in the bathroom stopped working midway through my boyfriends shower.
all the furniture looked like it came from a thrift shop.. years ago. The TV did not work. This was a quick stop for the night, however I know next time to pay, even a lot more, and get better quality rooms.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
This is unlikely as in none of our rooms do we have two type of carpets. The TV was probably reconfigured due to a recent change from analogue to digital transition by the local TV company. We would have happily fixed the television had the incident been reported to the front desk.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

but it's hard when I'm itching and scratching because I'm positive this place has bed bugs.

My husband and I had a free hotel stay and out of our 4 options in Niagara Falls, this was our last choice. The other few places booked up quickly. We checked in and the guy asked if we wanted a room on the ground floor or upstairs. We chose the ground floor and proceeded to our room.

Upon first entering, the room was noticeably very small. The furniture is dated and the carpet was stained. The bathroom looked newly renovated with tile, but there was only a small stand-up shower. We took off our shoes but quickly put them back on when the carpet was wet. Yes....wet!! I don't know if someone cleaned it or what, but it was stained and wet. You can use your imagination. The doors don't lock from the inside, which freaked me out but my husband showed me that you can't enter the room from the outside.

We immediately left the room again as I didn't want to spend anymore time in there. We contemplated whether or not we should check-out and just head home - writing off this weekend as a bust. Instead, we decided to stay out until we were ready to sleep then leave first thing in the morning. We came back late into the night and when I pulled the top blanket off the bed I found an orangish/reddish bug. It was dead and I have no idea what kind it was, but that's not all. I pulled the sheet back to inspect the bed further and I found another one. I also found hair (we had not even layed in the bed yet so I know it wasn't from us) - I don't believe the sheets were changed.

There was no point in calling the front desk and asking to be moved - could the other rooms be any better? Driving back home in the middle of the night was not an option either. But sleeping in the car was......

We were paid for the whole weekend but left the next morning.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
We apologize for this incident. Bed sheets are always changed regardless of usage. This is a matter of policy. All sheets are washed in a commercial laundry. Due to loose quality control processes our housekeepers may have missed this. They have since been retrained. Any quality control oversight which led to this incident have since been addressed. Had the guest informed us of their complaints during their stay they would have been addressed or remunerated.
Mississauga, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

We planned last minute to go to Niagara Falls to see the fireworks display on Canada Day.
I called around to book a room for us book all the hotels were booked up and the motels the same. We had stayed a few years ago at a motel but couldn't remember the name of it. I booked at Niagara Inn on Thorold Stone Rd. It basically was the only place that still had vacancy,

The office was a mess. No a/c. There was an old man at the desk signing people in. I got skeptical right from there that the room we paid $120.00 for one night would be good.
When we drove around to where our room was we saw three room down from ours a room that had a fire in it. It was gutted. There were boards on the front of it. It was a charred mess.

I opened our room to a smell that was musty and unclean. The room had stained carpetting. The wall needed painting. The ceiling had water stains on it. The chain lock on
the door was broken and the door did not lock from the inside of the room.

We stayed for 2 hours. We ate dinner in the room. I changed my son's diaper and we packed up the car and left.

This motel really needs a wake up call. I cannot believe people stay there in the condition it is in.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
We apologize for this incident. Unfortunately the guest's period of stay was only a couple of days after a fire incident occurred in one of our guest rooms due to foul play causes by alochol and cigarettes. We can't police every incident.. This did cause serious damage to the one of the rooms but we are thankful due to smoke alarms, fire alarms, firewalls and evacuation processes no one was hurt. Rooms on both sides of the incident room were also barred from use by the health department due to particulate matter. All other rooms were cleared for use. A considerable amount of capital was spent in addressing these issues. The guest should have informed us about their dissatisfaction about their room and we would have compensated them.
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2011

We stayed for 3 days and 2 nights. The location, staff, hotel state and value were all superb. It was a romantic getaway and the motel owners seemed more like family to us. They gave us a discount for our extended stay which was completely appreciated. I would recommend this motel for getaway, convenicence location and a clean quiet environment anyday. Thanks for a great time, we will be back in February for our winter getaway:) Sincerely, CJ and LD

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2010

It's a mervalous hotel and feels like staying at home. Neat and clean, friendly manner of the staff and quite location.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2010

As I was making reservations for a cousin from Indiana, I visited this motel on 3 separate occassions, and personally viewed 4 different rooms. I was looking for a non-smoking room that smelled fresh and free of smoke. I saw two rooms accessed from the parking lot on the ground floor, and then viewed two rooms upstairs, as my cousin preferred that location. ALL the rooms I viewed were IMMACULATE. The carpeting was new, and bedcoverings and curtains appeared to be new also. The rooms were well equipped, with a small fridge, coffee maker and air conditioner, plus the usual desk and chair. I paid particular attention to the bathrooms, and they had ceramic tiled floors and shower stalls, and were lovely. Even the stairs and upstairs hallway had new carpeting and looked immaculate. As the previous reviews were all 3-5 years old, they DO NOT reflect current conditions. The room rates are exceptionally reasonable, and excellent value. If you are looking for something more elaborate, expect to pay double or triple the rates here. My cousin was only looking for a place to spend the night (she is staying NINE nights, and will be spending all the rest of her time visiting with us. It's close by to where we live, and absolutely perfect in every way for her requirements. Need I say more?

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo

Been to Niagara Inn Downtown? Share your experiences!