but it's hard when I'm itching and scratching because I'm positive this place has bed bugs.
My husband and I had a free hotel stay and out of our 4 options in Niagara Falls, this was our last choice. The other few places booked up quickly. We checked in and the guy asked if we wanted a room on the ground floor or upstairs. We chose the ground floor and proceeded to our room.
Upon first entering, the room was noticeably very small. The furniture is dated and the carpet was stained. The bathroom looked newly renovated with tile, but there was only a small stand-up shower. We took off our shoes but quickly put them back on when the carpet was wet. Yes....wet!! I don't know if someone cleaned it or what, but it was stained and wet. You can use your imagination. The doors don't lock from the inside, which freaked me out but my husband showed me that you can't enter the room from the outside.
We immediately left the room again as I didn't want to spend anymore time in there. We contemplated whether or not we should check-out and just head home - writing off this weekend as a bust. Instead, we decided to stay out until we were ready to sleep then leave first thing in the morning. We came back late into the night and when I pulled the top blanket off the bed I found an orangish/reddish bug. It was dead and I have no idea what kind it was, but that's not all. I pulled the sheet back to inspect the bed further and I found another one. I also found hair (we had not even layed in the bed yet so I know it wasn't from us) - I don't believe the sheets were changed.
There was no point in calling the front desk and asking to be moved - could the other rooms be any better? Driving back home in the middle of the night was not an option either. But sleeping in the car was......
We were paid for the whole weekend but left the next morning.
- Also Known As:
- Niagara Inn Downtown Hotel
- Niagara Inn Downtown Hotel Niagara Falls
- Niagara Hotel Downtown
- Niagara Hotel Falls
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Niagara Inn is ideally located between sleepy downtown Niagara Falls and 5-10 minutes driving distance to all the main attractions of Niagara Falls (Canada). We offer quality motel accommodations for the budget conscious consumer. Located on Thorold Stone Road which is the first exit from the QEW expressway if approaching from Toronto. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Olotels, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and HotelsClick so you can book your Niagara Inn Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.