“Never stay here!!! This motel should not be open.” 1 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Niagara Inn Downtown to your Saves list
Niagara Inn Downtown
Niagara Inn Downtown
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   5703 Thorold Stone Road, Niagara Falls, Ontario L2J 1A1, Canada   |
Ranked #123 of 138 hotels in Niagara Falls
Mississauga, Canada
“Never stay here!!! This motel should not be open.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

We planned last minute to go to Niagara Falls to see the fireworks display on Canada Day.
I called around to book a room for us book all the hotels were booked up and the motels the same. We had stayed a few years ago at a motel but couldn't remember the name of it. I booked at Niagara Inn on Thorold Stone Rd. It basically was the only place that still had vacancy,

The office was a mess. No a/c. There was an old man at the desk signing people in. I got skeptical right from there that the room we paid $120.00 for one night would be good.
When we drove around to where our room was we saw three room down from ours a room that had a fire in it. It was gutted. There were boards on the front of it. It was a charred mess.

I opened our room to a smell that was musty and unclean. The room had stained carpetting. The wall needed painting. The ceiling had water stains on it. The chain lock on
the door was broken and the door did not lock from the inside of the room.

We stayed for 2 hours. We ate dinner in the room. I changed my son's diaper and we packed up the car and left.

This motel really needs a wake up call. I cannot believe people stay there in the condition it is in.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
bazlur s, Owner at Niagara Inn Downtown, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
We apologize for this incident. Unfortunately the guest's period of stay was only a couple of days after a fire incident occurred in one of our guest rooms due to foul play causes by alochol and cigarettes. We can't police every incident.. This did cause serious damage to the one of the rooms but we are thankful due to smoke alarms, fire alarms, firewalls and evacuation processes no one was hurt. Rooms on both sides of the incident room were also barred from use by the health department due to particulate matter. All other rooms were cleared for use. A considerable amount of capital was spent in addressing these issues. The guest should have informed us about their dissatisfaction about their room and we would have compensated them.

18 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2011

We stayed for 3 days and 2 nights. The location, staff, hotel state and value were all superb. It was a romantic getaway and the motel owners seemed more like family to us. They gave us a discount for our extended stay which was completely appreciated. I would recommend this motel for getaway, convenicence location and a clean quiet environment anyday. Thanks for a great time, we will be back in February for our winter getaway:) Sincerely, CJ and LD

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2010

It's a mervalous hotel and feels like staying at home. Neat and clean, friendly manner of the staff and quite location.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2010

As I was making reservations for a cousin from Indiana, I visited this motel on 3 separate occassions, and personally viewed 4 different rooms. I was looking for a non-smoking room that smelled fresh and free of smoke. I saw two rooms accessed from the parking lot on the ground floor, and then viewed two rooms upstairs, as my cousin preferred that location. ALL the rooms I viewed were IMMACULATE. The carpeting was new, and bedcoverings and curtains appeared to be new also. The rooms were well equipped, with a small fridge, coffee maker and air conditioner, plus the usual desk and chair. I paid particular attention to the bathrooms, and they had ceramic tiled floors and shower stalls, and were lovely. Even the stairs and upstairs hallway had new carpeting and looked immaculate. As the previous reviews were all 3-5 years old, they DO NOT reflect current conditions. The room rates are exceptionally reasonable, and excellent value. If you are looking for something more elaborate, expect to pay double or triple the rates here. My cousin was only looking for a place to spend the night (she is staying NINE nights, and will be spending all the rest of her time visiting with us. It's close by to where we live, and absolutely perfect in every way for her requirements. Need I say more?

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
toronto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2007

I ended up here not by choice but a recommendation from Arcona motel. I origianally booked with them and discovered they had problems with the room and referred me here at the same price. What a mistake, The bathroom had hair on the floor and the sheets had hair on them as well. They refused to give me my money back , I had only checked in 1/2 previous, we ended up getting into a fight with the front desk and she called the manager only to have her hang up on us, then the front clerk locked herself in the office and left us hanging there. I called Amex to cancel the transaction ASAP. The rooms also smelled like cigerates, not a nice experience. Ended up going to Econolodge and had a wonderfull room and good experience, definately would go back there again.

Stayed September 2007
Tucson, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2007

The hotel seemed clean, but was extremely run down and old. The carpet was stained and shabby, the furniture worn, and the bed uncomfortable. The pillows were basically just thin lumps. There was a smell of urine in the room, which was also extremely tiny. The walls were thin, and the plumbing noisy. The neighborhood was also not very good -- I'm not sure why it's called the "downtown", since it's not downtown. I guess it's driving distance to downtown, but it seemed like so was most of the town.

There was a bed, a TV that worked, and a serviceable bathroom. Maybe for the price, we shouldn't have expected more, but I would not recommend this hotel.

• Disliked — poor quality of the room
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2007

WOW !!!!!!!!! Friendly Staff

The place was very clean and comfortable. Well worth the price.
Quiet place looking for a relaxing getaway....... this is your place to be. The staff was so helpful, it was my first time in the naigara falls and the staff was like having my own tour guide. They have me staying there for life.

• Liked — staff
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Niagara Inn Downtown? Share your experiences!