“worst service ever” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery
Niagara Falls, Canada
“worst service ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I am a regular customer of Far East restaurant and often order take out once a week. Tonight my order was deliever and it was incorrect...when I called to request that they correct the order and send the food I ordered they refused. They told me that I shouldn't have acepted the food if it was not what I ordered....unbelievable!!!! The person that I spoke to on the phone was rude and unreasonable...I will never order from this restaurant again!

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Pickering
“Exceeded our expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

My wife and I were in Niagara Falls, Ontario from March 3 - 6, 2013. We decided to give Far East a try for take-out on March 4, because Shanghai Garden, where we normally eat, the quality of the food han been consistent. Far East, exceeded our expectations I did not have my GPS unit, so I called for directions. The gentleman I spoke with was very helpful and gave good directions, plus I operate a limousine service. When we arrived, we received a warm welcome from that same gentleman and told him that we just spoke over the phone. My wife asked for recommendations, he was knowledgeable. He was very patient and pleasant, our order was taken efficiently and the wait was not long. We had sweet & sour chicken balls, egg foo yung and beef fried rice. The price was comparative to Shanghai Gardens. We planned to go back to Far East the next day but still had left overs from both restaurants. After my wife warmed up the food, I could easily differentiate between the two. We live in Pickering and have been hard pressed to find chinese food of this caliber in GTA Toronto.

God willing, Far East Chinese Restaurant will definitely see us our next visit in Niagara Falls!

I hope my review is helpful.

God bless

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
“Great Food, Take-out recommended”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This place reminds me of the old school chinese food places of my childhood. Out dated interior with amazing food. If you want to eat-in, it's fine, but just don't expect much.

The food is great. It's not traditional by any means, cut you get a lot for your money. My favorite is the Orange Chicken (almost identical to the Special Chicken). My wife will get a combo platter and we will split it.

The food is very consistent there and they do a lot of take-out. BTW, you have to ask to fortune cookies if you really want one.

We are regulars

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London
“Far East First -Timer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We moved to Niagara 1 year ago and had not had chinese food since we moved here. We asked some locals and co workers and alot of them recommended The Far East Chinese restaurant. we are glad they did. We ordered for pick up and the food was fast, hot and very good. it looks to be a sit down chinese restaurant as well and had alot of people eating there. I always am picky on where i go to eat and the cleanliness of the establishment and staff but I saw no worries here. I highly recommend it. As a side note the prices were good without affecting the quality.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thorold, Canada
“The Best Chinese In The Niagara Peninsula”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

The title tells the story. Great food, (usually) good service, reasonable prices. The surroundings are a bit dated but the place is very clean. I love the shrimp with mixed vegetable prepared extra hot. It's heaven on fire.

• Visited May 2012