“Great Place To Stay For A School Group!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Diplomat Inn

Save Saved
You added The Diplomat Inn to your Saves list
The Diplomat Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5983 Stanley Avenue | At Ferry, Niagara Falls, Ontario L2G 3V2, Canada   |
Ranked #28 of 139 hotels in Niagara Falls
Kingston, Canada
“Great Place To Stay For A School Group!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

On May 30 I brought a bus load of 46 students for an overnight stay at the Diplomat Inn after a day of theatre at the Shaw Festival. The Inn's owners, Joanne and Angelo, were awesome to deal with. They were very accommodating (cots in two of the rooms at no extra cost & a free room for the bus driver!!) and they were extremely nice to the students. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the students enjoyed staying there. I highly recommend staying here! It's not the Ritz but it is great value for the money spent!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

235 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Kitchener, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Stayed over night here and it was pretty good for the price we paid.

PROS - Very large room, soft bed, heart shaped jacuzzi was clean, EXCELLENT air conditioner/heater, couldn't hear other rooms, lots of parking when we arrived (by night time it was pretty packed on a Saturday), grassy abandoned area with a couple trees beside hotel, close to a Tim Hortons, if you don't mind a little walking you can easily walk to the falls or clifton hill or convention center.

CONS - Fat tube television that only went to channel 28 and all channels had fuzz, some worse than others and unwatchable. Noticed a dried white stain on the fleece blanket. Comforter on bed clearly a color to disguise stains and seemed very "tired". Slept with my own blanket that I brought because I felt uncomfortable in what was provided. Shower head felt like it was ripping out my hair.

Room Tip: Television had RCA cable hook ups available so bring a media player if you have any down time becaus...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

Great experience! The service was impeccable, the front desk staff was more than helpful - they even planed out a walking tour for us (with cold drinking water to boot for our journey). The hotel is older but clean and worth the money - I feel like it was well worth every penny. Close enough to Niagara Falls to walk - many many attractions to see on foot. My wife and I are use to 5 star accommodations, yet we thought to travel on a shoestring for a different experience this time. The Diplomat did not disappoint up - we were both pleased. The shower pressure and temperature are the BEST - it was like being in the Falls! We definitely plan to return, with the cost we can afford to bring our children and grandchildren back. Looking forward to coming back for a family trip.

• Stayed May 2013
Niagara Falls, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

That's a good question! Why would someone from Niagara Falls write a review? Maybe because I have stayed there? OK, it's not typical to go stay in a hotel in your own home town, but things happen, and in my case things involved a disaster at my apartment that kept me out for a week.

It was during the winter when things were slow but Angelo was very accommodating and treated me with the same respect as all of his tourist customers!

The rooms are very nice and clean and they keep the inside of the building well maintained. I was given a room with a refrigerator that allowed me to keep a few cold food items handy. All of the room amenities (TV, phone) were in good condition. The washroom was very clean and well maintained. Lots of hot water, thank you! (The outdoor pool was closed in November, I need to talk to Angelo about that ;-)

The price was very reasonable, in my case it was a weekly rental that was rated even better.

Years ago when I was in the hospitality business, I referred a lot of people here. I have also had friends stay here including one school group from northern Ontario. In each case, everyone appreciated the overall good quality and value that the Orisini family delivered. And, finally, I can say that I have stayed there and, therefore, can speak with authority as having had direct experience.

For travellers, it is conveniently located on the edge of the primary tourist district. There are lots of places to eat nearby and the Falls is walking distance! For those that cannot walk down and back up a hill to the Falls, a taxi should not cost more than $8, and, in season, the new WEGO bus has stops in both directions that are steps from the Diplomat Inn.

Anyone staying here will be glad they did. I was!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Lehigh Valley PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Booked here for the group of 14 because of a previous stay as a solo. This place became our Canadian Home. The rooms were clean, lots of hot water n the showers, nice sized fridges I rooms, beds fine, the staff helpful and the owners wonderful, just like having family in Canada, Angelo smartly gave us our own first floor wing. We were able to make arrangements quickly since we were all near by.. We walked to the falls, the Maid of the Mist etc within minutes. Some of the group are already making arrangements to come stay here for their next trips w/family members.

Room Tip: Just wish they had coin operated washer and dryer on premises. That would have been a real plus.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

When we came with my girlfriend we've been directly welcomed friendly. Asking where we were coming from, and begin to discuss a little, they even advised us to go to the Buffet at the Casino in the evening to enjoy the food and the view of the Falls. Only 22$ per person, that's a real good deal. If you can do it, it only takes 10-15 min by walk to go there.

The room where big and you can choose the temperature you want in it, the only little annoying point would be no warmer in the bathroom. But if you leave the door open, it will warm as you warm the room.

We took the double sized room (without the jacuzzi), it was really cosy and with all the place needed. The bed was really comfortable. The cleaning service is coming every days to change the towel and the bedsheet. You can even ask them to come later if you plan to sleep longer than 11 a.m.

When we were leaving they show us a good place where to take a real good expresso and some pastry just near. It was great.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Good welcome when we arrived and reception spent a good amount of time giving us advice which was well received. Coffee is good near reception and rooms are big and clean. Good location and make sure to utilise the WEGO buses.

• Stayed April 2013

Been to The Diplomat Inn? Share your experiences!