“Not like the website pictures” 2 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Niagara Falls Motor Lodge to your Saves list
Niagara Falls Motor Lodge
Niagara Falls Motor Lodge
7950 Portage Road | at Legion Street, Niagara Falls, Ontario L2G 5Y8, Canada   |
Ranked #51 of 139 hotels in Niagara Falls
Toronto, Canada
“Not like the website pictures”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Went to this Hotel - by GPS - Thought we were in the wrong place. There is no lobby - and no flowers. The place is far from the website pictures.

The staff are friendly - but the bed in the room was terrible - Lopsided - I did not sleep.

Cats everywhere - and would probably not go back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

18 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Beijing, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Our family including our 4-yr old girl had a very good time there and it is a really nice place for vacation and relaxation, much better than the Super 8 kinds and giving better family feeling than 5-star hotel.

The room is very tidy with daily cleaning. The facilities are complete and all work very well. We slept very well with the high quality bed mattress, it's very thick and well supports the body. The yard is also nice for a relaxation moment, big and well maintained. The swimming pool is quite attractive, just that we've missed the summer season to enjoy it. They also had a very nice place for meal or have a drink. Besides, the location is convenient for visting the falls or marine land nearby, catering and buying daily things.

Most important of all, the staff there are really friendly. Obviously they pay attention to details and value the customers. They're willing to answer your questions and feedback to your needs. Our little girl was just so happy to hang on with them for fun. For sure we'd like to come back for longer stay and recommend it to our friends. It deserves.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Barrie, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

When I phoned a month in advance for a room, I had confirmed online that the room was available. Instead of booking online, I called to confirm same was available. When I phoned a woman with an accent answered only "Hello?" I asked "Is this the Motor Lodge? I would like to book a room." The woman told me to hold and a man answered. I again explained I wanted a room and was told that there was one available for $89.00 per night. I said I would take it and provided my credit card number and email address for confirmation. When I didn't receive the confirmation I contacted them again and the men told me not to worry, they had it on file. Of course, we get there on a long weekend and now they don't have my name on a room. But luckily for us there is one room which someone cancelled on! Furthermore, they couldn't give it to me at the price previously quoted. Now they wanted $159.00. First the wife said she didn't have me on the list but that there would be no problem but she would talk to her husband when he returned. When he returned she was gone and he said the lady was no longer there and he had no confirmation that we had that deal. Eventually he went down to $119.00 for the night which we took only because we had a show to go to and it was 40 minutes till start.
The actions of the owners were despicable! Using the other's absence to jack up the price was just greedy! And low and behold once we got in the room it was the room we had previously booked because it had two queen beds as was advertised on Trip Adviser.
The next morning we only wanted to shower and get out of there but there was no hot water!
When you are paying for a bed and hot shower that is what you expect to have. Especially after all the garbage we went through.
I only picked this place because of the reviews but wish I had stuck with the Motel 8 or the likes considering what a joke this place was.
Will never go back nor will I tell anyone else to go here!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Shenzhen, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed here based on the glowing tripadvisor reviews. The owner was really nice and friendly, and they obviously work hard to keep the place in good condition. My only issue was that the room had a lot of flies and other flying insects, and there was no screen on the window to open it.

The internet was super fast and the tv selection was good. The beds were comfy and clean. But yeah...there are a ton of motels on Lundy Lane that don't have internet reservations. I feel like that is a better location (restaurants, etc.) and probably about the same, maybe even cheaper rooms.

Room Tip: Pick a room upstairs on the end, it gets noisy.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

The kindness of the owners/staff of this place is what makes this place stand out from all other roadside motels. The rooms are clean and have the basic necessities for a stay (far better than a Motel 6 or a Super 8), the cost is a fraction of the Niagara Falls ripoffs, but the staff was amazing. We were planning a cycling loop and the owner graciously offered to let us leave our car in the parking lot for the 2 days that we cycled the Niagara loop. The adjoining pub is a delight for a meal after a cycle or a pint after a drive. Wonderful staff, great owners, this place is awesome!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

The owners are making this motel an amazing place to stay. They are really sweet and helpful. We stayed here for one night. The rooms were very well neat and lovely. We enjoyed our short stay in this cozy motel. The rates are very reasonable, We would definitely come back again in the summer!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Newmarket, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I was travelling alone and staying because of a local golf tournament. The room was very clean ( certainly better than Day's Inn on Stanley Street ) It had a new fridge, new air conditioning, nice flat screen HD TV and most of all some real friendly service. It was was priced at half of the rip offs in Niagara Falls proper and I thought it was pretty good value for the dollar. It's also close to just about everything although I wasn't there to sightsee. A couple of decent restaurants within walking distance and the LCBO is around the corner. I'd have no hesitation about staying there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Been to Niagara Falls Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!