“Good overall stay at the Inn” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Kings Inn Near The Falls

You added Kings Inn Near The Falls to your Saves list
Kings Inn Near The Falls
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   5525 Ferry St | At Stanley Avenue, Niagara Falls, Ontario L2G 1S3, Canada   |
Ranked #27 of 137 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Toronto, Canada
“Good overall stay at the Inn”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Of the other motels in the area, this is a well maintained property. (painting of the exterior was going on) and clean. The standard room at the Inn was clean and comfortable; queen bed, small refrigerator, good A/C a fire place for ambience and Free Parking. (Pool closed for the season).
For the 2 nights we were there earlier this week to see some sights in Niagara Falls, the accomodation was quite exceptable. Located on busy Ferry Street, close to the corner of Stanley, it is a short drive up the road to Lundy's Lane (Canada One factory outlets)(The Syndicate restaurant is a must); A leisure walk of 15-20 minutes to either Casino, numerous restaurants, shops. and of course the Falls. In the immediate area you will find numerous pizzerias; breakfast places; DQ and gas station. Tim's is a drive away or 10 minute walk. I am a 2nd cupper and found one at the Fallsview Casino.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

My partener and I traveled to Niagara Falls on an unplanned road trip. We stumbled upon a flyer of this Inn in a rest area and decided to stop by. What a nice surprise! For 55$ a night on weekdays, we were expecting something old and dirty and it was far from being the case. Room was neat, clean and comfortable. Pool was clean and enjoyable. Service was nice too. And what to say about the location, it's perfect! Very easy to find, it's a 15 minutes walk from the falls so no need to worry about parking. Lots of restaurants nearby.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Sussex,uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Should have stayed here for 3 nights this week. The weather was so bad from JFK to Buffalo that all the flights were cancelled on the day we were due to arrive .I sent the hotel a message that I might be able to get there alternative methods and could arrive by Midnight .We did not make that flight but Peter the manager stayed up until 0330 in case we arrived.
I wished that every hotel had a "Peter" . He was so helpful and made our stay an absolute pleasure .
The hotel is well priced but basic but hey ,if you want to pay more go stay in the Sheraton .

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Has Internet, fridge, comfortable bed. Lacks microwave. Room had lingering smell of cigarets. Internet was not that fast. It is walking distance to all the sites. Parking is free. For the are it is in, the price was good.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Port Hope, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I did a lot of research and reading reviews (a week of doing this) and something all ways brought me back to the Kings Inn. I finally booked it for 3 days and now I know why.The place was great. I travelled with my mom who aked for a place with an out door pool, clean, and quite. The Kings Inn had it all.When I phoned to book I was looking at pictures, discribed where we would like to stay and why and Julian gave us what we wanted he was wonderful. I ended up calling 3 times to make changes and still got everything we asked for. Thank you for that.The room has big windows that open all the way so you get lots of fresh air (loved that)The beds where real comfortable and clean,bathroom had a new tube unit (with a seat in it)Keurig coffee machine(if you want extra coffee take your own or ask at desk) Fridge in room (no freezer no big deal get ice from lobby). You do need to take your own hair dryer and shampoo ( I always do anyway). Parking was tight but David was always out leading a helping hand. We had to go out unexpectedly and David placed a cone in our spot so we could get it back very nice of him Thank you. Oh and the best thing about parking is it is FREE YES FREE.Our room was spotless the cleaning staff was great asked us every morning if we needed anything. The pool guy was always out every morning cleaning it. The pool was spotless. Good job. He even cleaned the screens of the rooms. The walk to Cifton Hill is about 15 minutes and if you go to the other side towards the new casino maybe 10 minutes. My mom was a trooper she walked but eventually we took a cab back to the motel ($7.00). You don't get meals here but there is a lot of places real close to go to. People in some reviews said the wi fi was very poor I have to say sometimes it was difficult to get a signal but be patient you will get it and it works, I was even able to face time with my family with no problems. So if you are looking for an affordable place away from the hussel and bussel and your not afraid to walk I reccommend you stay here. Wonderful staff all around and clean clean clean. ThANK YOU AGAIN jULIAN AND DAVID.Will be back

Room Tip: If you don't want to do stairs ask for ground evel.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
DeWitt, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

If I were rating this motel in comparison to the broad spectrum of all motels and hotels from cheapest to most expensive, it would not have even earned an average rating. It is average only in comparison with other economy motels.

First, what is good about it: Nice, properly maintained pool. Nice electric heater in room for cold days. Our room and bathroom were clean. There was a nice compact refrigerator in our room.

Now, what's not so good about it: Parking issues! When this motel is full, the manager has to babysit the parking lot and play checkers with traffic cones to manage access to the very oddly arranged parking spots. We always had a place to park, so it's not as though you won't have a place for your car, but the nuisance of navigating the maze and parking where the manager directs you is a real annoyance. One evening the manager was occupied with other business and my wife had to move a traffic cone for me so I could park. I give the management credit for working hard to ensure all guests have a parking place, but the simple fact is that parking is a hassle we can do without.

But wait, there's more. Most economy hotels will lack one or more of these, but not too many of them lack ALL of these: The Kings Inn does not provide small, sample size containers of shampoo. There are no hair dryers in the rooms. There's no alarm clock. The TVs are old, tube-style, not thin digital flat screens. The room keys are old physical keys on plastic fobs that give the room number, just what a thief needs if you lose your key. Only washcloths and bath towels are provided, no hand towels. There are no facial tissues in the rooms. There is no do not disturb hanger for your door handle. We also found the bedding to be a bit uncomfortable, with old blankets and rather thin pillows.

It all adds up to the old saying, you get what you pay for. We didn't pay too much to stay here, but based on expectations from positive reviews from other guests, we were disappointed. This isn't a terrible motel, but it's certainly nothing special.

Room Tip: If you have trouble with stairs, you'd better ask for a room on the ground floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Kings Inn, Niagara Falls. The room was comfortable. It had been upgraded for us upon arrival to two double beds. Large room with plenty of closet space and hangers.
Room included a small bar fridge and Keurig coffee maker ( which was nice)
We swam in the pool but it was a bit on the cool side.
Good hosts and fine cleaning staff.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Kings Inn Near The Falls? Share your experiences!