“Good stay for a budget” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Kings Inn Near The Falls

You added Kings Inn Near The Falls to your Saves list
Kings Inn Near The Falls
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   5525 Ferry St | At Stanley Avenue, Niagara Falls, Ontario L2G 1S3, Canada   |
Ranked #25 of 137 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Columbus, Ohio
“Good stay for a budget”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Purchase of room was easy. Check in was also quick. Thr manager told us bout a baseball team that was staying and reassured us they had promised to behave and not disturb other guests. They were just fjne and basicaly kept to themselves. They upgradedour room when they found out it was for my birthday which was nice of them. The front office was also helpful in asking our questions and giving u information about the falls. The walk from the hotel to niagara fals was not bad at al...some spots dd not have a sidewalk, but we didn't find the walk to be too bad. Maybe about a 15 min. Walk. All in all I was a perfect stay for us sincewe were on a budget and did not mind the walk to the falls.

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

The only thing comes to my mind is " perfect place " to be and to stay while visiting Niagara Falls. Great place for family reunions and meeting friends. The guest service agent Dave was very friendly and helpful.
I would definitely return to Kings Inn on my next trip.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Yorba Linda, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

This was an average place to stay. If you are traveling to the area during peak season, it would be a good place for the price. It is within walking distance of everything, which was good, but we could hear street traffic at night. We left at about 9:15 in the morning and the front desk clerk was just arriving. (Late??? Not sure, but we didn't know what to do with the key so we just left it in the room...Hope that worked out OK). Definitely would stay somewhere else if I'm ever at the falls again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights on 28.08.2012 and enjoyed every minute of this place. There is a very friendly atmosphere with all rooms having two chairs and a table outside the door on the walkway where you can meet and chat with other guests. Met a lovely couple from nearby Hamilton (Rick & Maggie) and I promised to stay in touch with them but unfortunately lost the email address I was given (if you read this R or M please get in touch via TA as I would love to know whathappend at the Full Moon!!!)
Anyway, enough about all the partying that is is easy to do at this place - back to the rooms.
They are dated but very clean. There is a full fridge for your own use and a great coffee machine. The bed is very comfortable and the bathroom shower pressure is good. The a/c works well and could not hear any traffic noise at night.
The location is very good - it's at the start of the strip that takes you along past all the restaurants and there are shops nearby where you can buy your provisions (booze, mixers etc etc).
There is an ice machine that has a plentiful supply, this is located down the stairs just by the reception area. The pool area is small but has plenty of seating and even though it may seem as if it is overlooked from the road, it is actually quite private as I could not see my niece who was in there from the road.
The reception staff were fantastic, very friendly and helpful at all times.
I only have one complaint and that is nothing to do with the management - 2 days was not enough and I wished I could have stayed here much longer.
Will I come back to Niagara again? Yes - but only if there is room at the Kings Inn for me.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Pros:
- Relatively cheap
- Fairly close to the falls but then again so are pretty much all the other hotels (and most of them are even closer)
- Clean
- The owner was friendly and helpful

Cons:
- Outdated in all aspects, especially in the electronics department. The internet is absolutely worthless so don't plan on using it.
- Almost none of the basic amenities. No shampoo and no hairdryer either, very few tv channels.
- The owner was a bit too clingy for our taste, but we like to keep to ourselves so I guess it could be a pro.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We arrived at 9pm. The man behind the desk was very friendly and upgraded our room and gave us coupons. The room was large, clean and had a little fireplace. My only complaint was it didn't have a hairdryer. It was a 10 minute walk to the falls.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Sudbury, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Our room was smelly but it seemed the beds and everything else was clean. We asked the people at the front desk NOT to have anyone come in our room (cleaning staff). Upon our return, our beds were made. We brought this up to the same guy, saying we specifically asked not to have anyone come in our room. His response: "They just clean all the rooms anyways". We had our room for Friday and Saturday night. When we came back to the room Saturday night, the parking lot was full and there was orange cones blocking the entrance. We had to go find someone so that they could move the cone and show us a little cubby hole in which to park. We left shortly afterwards and had to move the cones again. When we came back for the night, again we needed to wait for them to come out to tell us where to park. There was a parking spot directly in front of our room, but we couldn't get to it because of the cones. For some reason, they didn't let us park there. I could hear the people talking outside and in the adjacent rooms. I heard when they went to the washroom (I heard them doing their business) and when they showered or ran the water. It was distracting when I was trying to sleep. I would not stay at this hotel ever again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Kings Inn Near The Falls? Share your experiences!