“Very Happy Customer :)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Hotel Fallsview Cascade

Save Saved
You added Quality Hotel Fallsview Cascade to your Saves list
Quality Hotel Fallsview Cascade
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5305 Murray Street, Niagara Falls, Ontario L2G 2J3, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #30 of 138 hotels in Niagara Falls
Newmarket, Canada
“Very Happy Customer :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Dear Donna,
Thank you so much for the best stay ever in Niagara Falls. The check in was fast, our room was AMAZING, the views were fantastic, bed was sooooo comfortable, bathroom was beautiful and we loved the floors ( no carpet ). We are frequent travellers to Niagara Falls, stayed at Hilton, Doubletree, Ramada and more, however Quality Cascade was the best out of all of them. We will be back again and again, this will be our home away from home when we visit Niagara Falls. Breakfast was also very good. Thank you again Donna for making New Year's 2013 a great memoralbe trip and we are very glad that we choose Quality Cascade.

Room Tip: corner suite
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
fallsviewmanager, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Hotel Fallsview Cascade, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Thank you for this wonderful review about our property and taking the time to let others know about your experience.

You are more than welcome.....I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that I could be the one to make this a memorable experience for you. I thoroughly enjoy surprising guests that are not expecting it.....with an upgrade and the look on their faces......

Again thank you and we will be seeing you in the future.

266 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Kitchener, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My husband and I visited the hotel this weekend and really enjoyed our stay. The outside of the hotel looks dated but the inside was very nice. Our room had hardwood floors and a lovely electric fireplace. The room was painted a little dark, and with the floors and wood surrounding the fireplace, the room had a bit of a gloom to it. But it was very clean. The bathroom was small with only a shower, no bathtub.

We had breafkast included which was in Coco's next door. It was a pretty basic breakfast - eggs, bacon or sausage and toast - but it was fine. They were a little run off their feet because they had a waitress call in sick.

I would take my family there but would definitely ensure we had a renovated room.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
fallsviewmanager, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Hotel Fallsview Cascade, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Thank you for your lovely comments about our property. You had one of our executive king rooms with fireplace and we are very happy we met your expectations

Very happy your are considering to bring your family to visit again

Ottawa, Ontario Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights while visiting on family related business. The hotel is certainly older, and looks it from the exterior but the room was well updated and appointed. The price was great and the "continental breakfast' off season proved to be a full breakfast served at the Holiday Inn next door.

Directly across from the new Casino. Directly above the Falls.

Only negatives was the lack of a room fridge/microwave and a bi of street noise on the Murray Street side late at night.

We would come again.

Room Tip: You might want to avoid the Murray Street side
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
fallsviewmanager, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Hotel Fallsview Cascade, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you for your comments and we hope to see you in the future....

Niagara Falls, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

This was our 2nd visit to this hotel in 5 months. In the summer we stayed in room 504. It was a double queen with a great American Falls view. Yes it was in need of renovating, but it was good for our needs and I know that renovations to those rooms are in the works for the future. We came back for a winter/xmas trip and to do a scouting mission for our move there next year. I assumed (silly me) that considering it was December; we would get at least an upper floor room. Upon arriving, I realized that the Red Bull Crashed Ice had been there that weekend. We arrived on Sunday Dec.2nd. When I received the hotel room key I saw that it said: Room 306. I questioned the girl if that was a tower room and she confirmed it was. I told her that we had been in room 504 in the summer. She said nothing and other than the check in details she didn't say much at all!? I did not question the room choice as I had not seen it yet. We (myself, husband, 3 yr.old daughter & 8 yr.old son) walked into the room and of course looked out the patio door. It was pretty disappointing. The Crashed Ice track was pretty much right outside the door and while it would have been fantastic for viewing the race, it was NOT fantastic for the dismantling process. The workers started about 7/7:30am every day that we were there. I don't believe that we could have been assigned a room any closer to the action. I am still confused why we could not get a higher room as the hotel was virtually empty during our 3 night stay. We went to the pool our first night and it was freezing cold which was ironic considering it was way too hot in the summer!? We spent most of the time in the hot tub which actually was hot. Our schedule was pretty tight so I cannot comment on the breakfast next door as we did not go. The room itself, and again I understand that it will be renovated one day, was in dire need of a small overhaul. There was a cobweb strung across the corner of the archway. The cable line was hanging out of the wall. A dresser handle was falling off. There was a beer cap by the door that was not ours as we had no beer/alcohol. The coffee maker was on the dresser but the only plug there was being utilized by the tv and cable box. We had to put the round table in the corner as that was the only spot with an empty plug. In the bathroom there was some kind of dark liquid marks on the top of the left cabinet door. I was able to wipe some of it just to see if it was indeed wipeable. So overall I would say that the cleaning was lacking a bit. I really love this hotel for it's proximity to everything and it's great views from higher up and our summer experience was much much better! I am really disappointed on this last visit. We are going to have to come back at some point in the next 8 months, but I am going to have to think hard about whether to give this hotel a 3rd chance!

Room Tip: Higher floors have best view. Ask if you are in a renovated room. Verify if there are any events tak...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to tell me about your experience at our property.
I would like to apologize that your return stay did not meet your expectations. I have looked into the housekeeping issues for this room as well as the maintenance issues and I thank you for bringing that to my attention.
However at no time during your stay did you come to the desk to speak with me about your concerns. I would have rectified the situation immediately to make sure the rest of your stay was comfortable. I would have moved you to room more suitable although I don't think being on a higher floor would have stopped your complaint about the Crashed Ice workers.
Please next time before you take to the internet ......give myself and my staff the chance to make your stay enjoyable as we work hard to make sure all our guests have a wonderful experience

Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I can't give this less than a very good rating. It's a quirky place, which is what you expect from a small establishment. I went to the lobby in the morning and the lobby and entrance room had been decorated from ceiling to floor for Christmas. When I remarked at the incredible transformation, the front desk man laughed and said, "Well the day staff have a lot of time on their hands."

• The 'free' breakfast during the week at this time of year is handled quite well by the Holiday Day inn restaurant, Coco's. Very filling. Choice of eggs and bacon or sausages + toast, juice and coffee OR cereal and toast, juice and coffee. Bacon came extra crispy. I lost count of how many strips. OMG!

• The weekend breakfast is buffet within the hotel. Pretty institutional offering, particularly in the hot food selection. Eggs and sausages. Pass on the eggs. Could be powdered eggs. Texas sized toast was good. Croissants, muffins, pastries, all small portions and lacking in quality and freshness. Reasonable choice of cereals, including instant oatmeal. Coffee, tea and juices. Now If they just added waffle irons, I think customers would go cRaZy! lol. The breakfast room itself needs a television or something to create atmosphere as the room is pretty stark.

• I was there during the Niagara Falls Crashed Ice show presented by Red Bull; this hotel being the closest to the venue. Pretty exciting stuff, especially since you can walk to the start line within 3 min. If you're looking for a hotel during Red Bull Crashed Ice, avoid Victoria Ave. and Clifton Hill area as the road is blocked off for a street party which would pretty well put the idea of getting sleep in your hotel room out of the question.

• About 9:00 pm the most tremendous explosions I've heard occurred for about 10 min. straight. Apparently fireworks and not an invasion from the U.S. This is part of the fireworks and illumination festival from Nov. to end of January. Wish I had seen them as well as felt them. Again, this hotel is a mere walk down the street to the Canadian falls, although the walk to the edge is still a good 15 min. walk.

• Woken up at 2:00 am by music. It was playing over the outdoor patio at the Holiday Inn restaurant next door. Pretty silly considering it was freezing outside and there was obviously to be no clientele in that temperature and at the time.

• I was in a Tower Room, King bed, balcony. .The room is about 2/3 size of the Howard Johnson hotel on Vic. which is alright considering I paid 2/3 what I paid at Howard Johnson. Nice flat screen television. Firm mattress. Nice duvet. In room through the wall self adjust air conditioner/heater. Bathroom amenities and hair dryer.

• 24 hour mini mart at corner of Murray and Fallsview; just up the street.

• Plenty of restaurant choices within walking distance. I ate at Appleby's which charge 1/3 more for entrees than what you find in the U.S. There's a food court in the Fallsview Casino complex with an all night Tim Horton's.

Room Tip: • 3rd floor has a walkway that connects to the pool on the other side of the parking lot. Hallways i...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
fallsviewmanager, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Hotel Fallsview Cascade, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for your lengthy commentary about our property. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us.
Our breakfast restaurant has a 52" TV in it so I'm not quite if you did not notice or the volume was turned down low for our over patrons.
We have fireworks every Friday and Sunday during the summer season and every Friday night during the winter festival of lights.

Hope to see you in the new year and again thank you for your comments.
Innisfil, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

My husband and I stayed for the weekend Nov 9-11. We were pleasantly surprised with how gorgeous the motel section was. The hardwood floors and simple design of the room where beautiful. The bathroom was very clean and updated with a nice glass vessel sink.
We checked in late Friday night and the check in was very smooth and the man was so nice.
We were not there for the view just to enjoy the casino so for the very low price this was a terrific option. Free parking and free breakfast next door at the Holiday Inn was a great bonus as well.
We were very surprised for $59 a night that the hotel was right across from the casino.

We will defintely book here again on our next casino getaway.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
fallsviewmanager, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Hotel Fallsview Cascade, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to recognize our hotel.
We strive to make sure all our guests experience a stay they remember and hopefully return for many more.
We also offer Casino Packages and Dinner Packages featuring the Revolving Diningroom at the
Skylon Tower so next visit give us a call and ask about these great deals.

Again thank you for your wonderful comments and I will forward this on to my staff

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed in the " motel" section and was pleasnltly surprised with the hardwood floors.. Clean and breakfast was great, altho in the holiday inn next door ... If your not worried about the view ( which I wasn't here to look out my window anyway) then pay the 59$ and take a court yard room .. As it is the only rooms with the renovated hardwood floors . :) will be returning :):):):)):)

• Stayed November 2012
fallsviewmanager, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Hotel Fallsview Cascade, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for your post.
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and the hardwood flooring.....however the motel rooms are not the only rooms with hardwood flooring we also have some in the Tower section of the hotel.
Our property continues to work towards having all rooms with hardwood flooring.
Yes our breakfast is served at our sister property next door to us during the off season but they offer you still the "Free Hot Breakfast"

Guest Service Manager

Been to Quality Hotel Fallsview Cascade? Share your experiences!