“Considering the price I paid...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Hotel Fallsview Cascade

You added Quality Hotel Fallsview Cascade to your Saves list
Quality Hotel Fallsview Cascade
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5305 Murray Street, Niagara Falls, Ontario L2G 2J3, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #28 of 137 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Toronto
“Considering the price I paid...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I can't give this less than a very good rating. It's a quirky place, which is what you expect from a small establishment. I went to the lobby in the morning and the lobby and entrance room had been decorated from ceiling to floor for Christmas. When I remarked at the incredible transformation, the front desk man laughed and said, "Well the day staff have a lot of time on their hands."

• The 'free' breakfast during the week at this time of year is handled quite well by the Holiday Day inn restaurant, Coco's. Very filling. Choice of eggs and bacon or sausages + toast, juice and coffee OR cereal and toast, juice and coffee. Bacon came extra crispy. I lost count of how many strips. OMG!

• The weekend breakfast is buffet within the hotel. Pretty institutional offering, particularly in the hot food selection. Eggs and sausages. Pass on the eggs. Could be powdered eggs. Texas sized toast was good. Croissants, muffins, pastries, all small portions and lacking in quality and freshness. Reasonable choice of cereals, including instant oatmeal. Coffee, tea and juices. Now If they just added waffle irons, I think customers would go cRaZy! lol. The breakfast room itself needs a television or something to create atmosphere as the room is pretty stark.

• I was there during the Niagara Falls Crashed Ice show presented by Red Bull; this hotel being the closest to the venue. Pretty exciting stuff, especially since you can walk to the start line within 3 min. If you're looking for a hotel during Red Bull Crashed Ice, avoid Victoria Ave. and Clifton Hill area as the road is blocked off for a street party which would pretty well put the idea of getting sleep in your hotel room out of the question.

• About 9:00 pm the most tremendous explosions I've heard occurred for about 10 min. straight. Apparently fireworks and not an invasion from the U.S. This is part of the fireworks and illumination festival from Nov. to end of January. Wish I had seen them as well as felt them. Again, this hotel is a mere walk down the street to the Canadian falls, although the walk to the edge is still a good 15 min. walk.

• Woken up at 2:00 am by music. It was playing over the outdoor patio at the Holiday Inn restaurant next door. Pretty silly considering it was freezing outside and there was obviously to be no clientele in that temperature and at the time.

• I was in a Tower Room, King bed, balcony. .The room is about 2/3 size of the Howard Johnson hotel on Vic. which is alright considering I paid 2/3 what I paid at Howard Johnson. Nice flat screen television. Firm mattress. Nice duvet. In room through the wall self adjust air conditioner/heater. Bathroom amenities and hair dryer.

• 24 hour mini mart at corner of Murray and Fallsview; just up the street.

• Plenty of restaurant choices within walking distance. I ate at Appleby's which charge 1/3 more for entrees than what you find in the U.S. There's a food court in the Fallsview Casino complex with an all night Tim Horton's.

Room Tip: • 3rd floor has a walkway that connects to the pool on the other side of the parking lot. Hallways i...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
fallsviewmanager, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Hotel Fallsview Cascade, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for your lengthy commentary about our property. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us.
Our breakfast restaurant has a 52" TV in it so I'm not quite if you did not notice or the volume was turned down low for our over patrons.
We have fireworks every Friday and Sunday during the summer season and every Friday night during the winter festival of lights.

Hope to see you in the new year and again thank you for your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Innisfil, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

My husband and I stayed for the weekend Nov 9-11. We were pleasantly surprised with how gorgeous the motel section was. The hardwood floors and simple design of the room where beautiful. The bathroom was very clean and updated with a nice glass vessel sink.
We checked in late Friday night and the check in was very smooth and the man was so nice.
We were not there for the view just to enjoy the casino so for the very low price this was a terrific option. Free parking and free breakfast next door at the Holiday Inn was a great bonus as well.
We were very surprised for $59 a night that the hotel was right across from the casino.

We will defintely book here again on our next casino getaway.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
fallsviewmanager, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Hotel Fallsview Cascade, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to recognize our hotel.
We strive to make sure all our guests experience a stay they remember and hopefully return for many more.
We also offer Casino Packages and Dinner Packages featuring the Revolving Diningroom at the
Skylon Tower so next visit give us a call and ask about these great deals.

Again thank you for your wonderful comments and I will forward this on to my staff

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed in the " motel" section and was pleasnltly surprised with the hardwood floors.. Clean and breakfast was great, altho in the holiday inn next door ... If your not worried about the view ( which I wasn't here to look out my window anyway) then pay the 59$ and take a court yard room .. As it is the only rooms with the renovated hardwood floors . :) will be returning :):):):)):)

• Stayed November 2012
fallsviewmanager, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Hotel Fallsview Cascade, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for your post.
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and the hardwood flooring.....however the motel rooms are not the only rooms with hardwood flooring we also have some in the Tower section of the hotel.
Our property continues to work towards having all rooms with hardwood flooring.
Yes our breakfast is served at our sister property next door to us during the off season but they offer you still the "Free Hot Breakfast"

Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Loved our stay at the Quality Hotel Fallsview Cascade!! The room was spacious and comfortable, clean, and nice updated decor. And the view was awesome!!! Had a corner room on the 6th floor that had a huge window on one side with an excellent view of the U.S. falls and the other side had a balcony with 2 chairs facing the casino. The king bed was also sooo comfy!!
Check in/out were both amazingly quick and easy and it was really nice to have a warm breakfast of bacon and eggs included in the morning. With the excellent room, amazing view, free parking and general hassle-free experience, this hotel is most definitely a great deal!!
We'll be back!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
fallsviewmanager, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Hotel Fallsview Cascade, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to post such a wonderful review about our property.
We strive to make sure each and every guest has a great experience at our hotel and that like yourselves say they will return......That is the best part

See you soon......
Fredericksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We had a package deal that included our room and 2 off-site dinners. The beds were very comfy,the rooms were clean and had all we needed. The view of the American Falls from our room was beautiful. The only minus was the carpet was a bit dirty and worn, but I think they are in the process of replacing them all. The hotel is a very short walk to the falls which is the biggest plus. Yes, there is an uphill climb to get back to the hotel, but I am 43 and in my 7th month of pregnancy, and I made the walk several times.....it's not that bad!! We enjoyed the meals and the indoor pool, too. Would definitely go back again.

Room Tip: Rooms in the taller building have a beautiful view!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
fallsviewmanager, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Hotel Fallsview Cascade, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for posting a quick review.
It is funny how many people comment on our hill and yes it can be a climb for some but there are benches along the way if guests need to rest a bit.
I want to apologize for the carpeting in your room for being worn and yes we are continuing to upgrade our property each year and carpeting is the carpeting is the one major renovation that we are in process of doing. All our rooms are being switched over to hard wood flooring so I look forward to your next visit when this will be in place.

Oshawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Spent Saturday night here, have stayed in many niagara hotels and for the price was very happy with our choice. Rooms seem to have been redone recently, right across the street from the fallsview casino. Free parking, free wifi, and they offer a free breakfast but we did not eat here since we had other plans. Would stay here again if I need a cheaper hotel across the street from the casino.

Room Tip: Stayed in courtyard room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
fallsviewmanager, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Hotel Fallsview Cascade, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review about our property.
We do offer a great location which is across the street from Fallsview Casino and only a short walk to the falls also.
We are very happy that you will consider choosing us on a return visit to the Niagara area.

Again thank you
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Cascade Inn is the best place to be at Niagara. After doing a research for a hotel to stay in Niagara for my birthday weekend get-away, I found this place which suits us best, everything that I was looking for is at Cascade Inn. I didn't have a big budget for the hotel stay because we figured out we would rather spend the money for the activities at NIagara. I was looking for a place at Fallsview that would have a free parking, free wifi, and a free breakfast with a reasonable price. Anywhere else is so expensive plus it's either you have to pay for the parking, internet or breakfast wasn't included. After reading a lot great reviews, I took the chance to reserve the Jacuzzi Suite. (By the way, don't mind those 2-3 bad reviews from other people not anyone would be easy to please, I've been in customer service for more than 10 years and trust me some people are crazy!) Unfortunately, the jacuzzi was broken BUT instead of getting disappointed when we get there after a long 9-hours drive from Montreal (bad traffic in Toronto) and tell us that the room wasn't available, Donna the manager, gave me a call in advance and offered an even better option. I was so happy seeing our room and it feels good after long hours of drive! We had an amazing stay, great room, great view, very clean and quiet! The hotel is also a great location, right beside the casino/mall, 5 mins away from the falls, near Clifton Hill, right next to Skylon Tower. I LOVE IT! Again, Donna thanks for the great experience! Cheers to you and your team! We would definitely go back and would also recommend this to our friends. We are so excited to go back again with the kids!

Room Tip: We stayed at the tower room 702. Corner room with Falls view and Fireplace and balcony. Views: Skylo...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
fallsviewmanager, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Hotel Fallsview Cascade, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
I personally want to Thank you for your kind words about myself and our property.
I'm truly happy you had a wonderful time this past weekend and that I met your expectation.
I apologize for not being able to provide you with a jacuzzi suite in which you booked but delighted that the room I chose for you was perfect.
Our jacuzzi is finally fixed after a few months of dealing with issues regarding it.
My team and I try to make sure each and every guest has a wonderful experience and when
we are able to do so, it makes our job so much easier.....not to mention, having guests like yourself make it easy too.

Again Thank you and can't wait to see you and your family in the future
Guest Service Manager

Been to Quality Hotel Fallsview Cascade? Share your experiences!