“Wonderful day of wine” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Toronto, Canada
“Wonderful day of wine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We got the tour through jaunt.ca and it was 89 for 1 night at the comfort inn along with transportation to and from 4 wineries. The hotel was surprisingly great and next door to the outlets (michael kors, coach, nike, body shop). Our whole wine tour was a wonderful experience. The group we went with was an eclectic bunch and with Joe our hilarious guide everyone had a great time. The wineries were fantastic and between the two of us we purchased 8 bottles of wine. The place we stopped at for lunch was great, good prices and a decent lunch. Since the deal was for 1 night we were staying at another hotel for the second night and Joe let us store our bags underneath the bus and dropped us off at our new hotel. In fact, he took the time to drop everyone off at their respective hotels. A fabulous day!

Visited November 2012

Niagara Falls, New York
“Boring day with strangers.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I purchased a deal online for the Winery & Brewery Tour. The tour picked us up promptly, and the guide was friendly and full of interesting facts about the Niagara Falls area. We brought our own snacks, but the other guests who ordered from Benchmark Café seemed to enjoy their sandwiches and felt they were a good value. One couple was confused because they thought lunch was included in their price of the tour voucher, however this is not the case. We stopped at 2 wineries (one gave plenty of samples and we bought wine there, the other gave 3 tiny samples and a boring lesson on how to properly taste wine). We went to 3 breweries, and each one insisted on giving a tour of their facility (which was repetitive since we heard most of the same about the brewing process from each brewery). One brewery only gave out one sample of beer, and they did not have their liquor license yet so they were unable to sell any beer. We stood around for an excessive period of time while our tour guide chatted it up with the owners. Finally a bunch of us walked outside and stood next to the tour bus until he got the hint. We then traveled to the chocolate factory and we all voted against taking the tour of the facility. We tasted some samples, and they were delicious but I don't know how anyone could spend more than 5 minutes in there. While at the last brewery, I muttered out loud (as did other guests) that this was the most boring day I've had in quite some time. There was a glass blowing demonstration and store attached to the last brewery, so we entertained ourselves by watching the show but after a few minutes (and a few annoying sales pitches from the owner) I was ready to go. Unfortunately several members of our group ordered drinks/food at the bar so we had to wait for them before we could leave. Overall, I felt trapped the whole day and I hated having to wait around on strangers to keep the tour moving. The tour would be more successful and fun if the tour bus would have allowed alcohol on board, played music instead of small chat/trivia with the driver, and if we stopped at more wineries (there are a TON in that region!). The older members of the tour seemed to enjoy it, but it was too slow/relaxed a pace for the younger guests.

Visited November 2012
3 attraction reviews
“Purchased a deal thru jaunt.ca”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

Ok so I bought this offer for my wife and I thru jaunt.ca for 89 dollars. A wine tour for two and a room at the comfort inn on lundys lane . I thought this was goin to be very budget package. Got to the hotel and was very very happy with our room. Very nice clean and the hotel had lots to offer us. Great place to stay. The tour left kinda early but by the time we got others at other stops it was just after lunch and was pretty good timeing. Great tour we purchased a few wines and the driver I don't remember his name lol was very entertaining. Kept everyone interested along the way. By the way the tour left around 11am we showed up at the hotel at 10:20 ish and with checking in time not being until 3 pm we asked the desk if we could store our bags . The lady at the desk said that guests that book with Niagara Fun Tours and stay at Comfort Inn get a special early check in so they can freshen up before the tour. Very helpful and an added bonus thank you we really needed it to be honest.

I would advise anyone planning an over night visit in Niagara to take this tour and to stay with the Comfort Inn on Lundys Lane. Great job.

Niagara, Canada
“What a great outing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Earlier this year, my friend and I took advantage of a coupon deal and a free Saturday to take a Niagara Fun Tours wine tour.

We had a fantastic time! Neither one of us are wine experts by any means, other than we know what we like. We enjoyed the winery stops (between us, we bought something at all of them!) and the trip to the chocolate store (where we also bought a few nibbles along the way).

Larry, our bus diver, was a lot of fun. He was very knowledgeable and we had a great load of people on the bus with us.

If you're looking for a day touring Niagara's wineries and not a wine snob, this is DEFINITELY the tour to take! I heard they have other tours, including one for the War of 1812 and I think I'll do that one with my kids.

Thanks, Larry, for a great day!

Visited June 2012
Guelph, Canada
“Great Fun, Great Price & Amazing Driver!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I was very skeptical purchasing such a great deal for this tour on one of those discount websites, but WOW what a shocker! I couldn't believe how much we did and saw in Niagara's Wine Belt for such a great low price! Our driver Larry was very informative, friendly and very cute. He made sure we were on time to all of our wineries and ensured we were given preferential treatment from the winery staff, once we got there. Each winery we visited gave us at least three free tastigns each, with the option to purchase one or two more for a modest fee. We even stopped at a very relaxing country market called Kurtz. They made me the best cajun chicken sandwich with fresh vegetables.....for only $9! The best part of this tour is the fact that they take you to those quaint hidden gem wineries that are family owned and operated. Gave us a great chance to try some wine I never heard of and purchase bottles right there at the winery.

I would highly recommend this tour company for large groups. My friends bachelorette party was a huge succes because of Niagara Fun Tours. Seats book up quickly on their public wine tours and we almost didn't get the date we wanted. I recommend contacting them as soon as you can if you have large groups.

Worth every penny!