“Not worth the cost.” 1 of 5 stars

Type: Game/ Entertainment Centers, Amusement
Buffalo, New York
“Not worth the cost.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

My brothers and I, ages 18-24, visited Niagara Freefall Indoor in April 2011. For the price (~$80/person) I was expecting a great facility, friendly staff, and detailed instructions in order to maximize the short 3-5 minutes we each had to "freefall". First off, the facility itself looked closed--it was dark, empty, and quiet inside. We were sent to watch an instructional video (understandable), but the man who was overseeing us fell asleep during it.
Needless to say the staff was not as welcoming or engaged as they could have been. The attraction was just way too expensive; after taxes it was much more than we had all anticipated. It's only as fun as you make it because chances are you won't master it whatsoever. The souvenir dvd is nice, but otherwise I definitely wouldn't recommend it unless you've got money to blow and aren't concerned about the service.

Visited April 2011

4 attraction reviews
“Long wait but so much fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

Long wait for your turn but so much fun and no rushing once it is your turn - a great experience!!!

Niagara Falls, Ontario
“What a Waste of Money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

Parking lot was empty...looked like it was closed but still decided to go in, wish I didn't though. Place was really run down, dark, smelly and kinda creepy looking inside..but I promised my son that I would take him so I gave it a try. Ripped us off for like $150 for a 5 min ride in a wind tunnel..what a joke!...I don't even think they gave us the full 5 minutes to be honest, as they were rushing to get out and go home. My son was very disappointed, I could tell he didn't enjoy himself.
Maybe if they lowered there prices they would get more business, it wasn't even worth $50.
This place will be closed down within the year.

Thomaston, Connecticut
34 attraction reviews
“The closest you'll get to real skydiving without real danger.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

We found a Groupon deal that allowed us to get 6 minutes each of flying time for only $69 (as opposed to the usual 3 minutes for $70) so we decided to take advantage of it during our vacation in Niagara Falls. I am so glad we did! The Niagara Freefall was like nothing I had ever done before. First, you get brief instructions on how to position your body and what hand signals the instructor will use. Then you suit up and go into the wind tunnel. At first the flying was a bit difficult, but my 15- and 12-year-old sons and myself both got used to it rather quickly and figured out what to do to rise up or move in a certain direction. We were in the tunnel with four other people, and each person received three turns. I'd recommend this for anyone with older children who is looking for a brand new experience!

Harrow, Canada
46 attraction reviews
“This was a Christmas Gift to our 14 year old son and he LOVED it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

We got a Groupon for the indoor skydiving for our 14 year old son as a Christmas gift... he LOVED it! He got 3 2minute sessions and had such a BLAST! He said it was Much better than he expected! The staff were very friendly & I had wished that my husband & I had gotten the Groupons for ourselves as it looked to be sooo fun! Only downfall is that we had a reservation that we probably didn't need as we had a very long wait anyway. We had a reservation for 11:30 am... changed it to 12:30 am and arrived at 11:50... our son didn't get into skydiving til 3 pm! That time we did get advised to go to Timmy's for a bit as the wait was a bit long... and our son had the training course & suited up but it was a long wait... Soooo well worth it though! Just make sure you have the time. It was probably a bit busier due the the holidays though. Either way, it was a Blast for our son! A perfect gift & HIGHLY Recommended! He's 14 and not allowed to skydive until he's 18 here in Canada or the U.S. & it is something he keeps talking about doing so this was the next best thing!
Oh, the ads say that you get up to 15 feet high but you don't really as you have to be within reach of an instructor at all times but being a beginner, you'd really only be qualified to go that high. Works out to be maybe 7 feet high if you are good? :-)