“What happened to hot food,service and good manners?” 2 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #20 of 451 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Cuisines: Gastropub
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Hamilton, Canada
“What happened to hot food,service and good manners?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

DO NOT WASTE YOUR HARD EARNED TIME AND MONEY ON THIS PLACE!!!
Sept. 27/2013 We had a reservation for prix. fix dinner, we were early 5:50 p.m. but got seated 40 minutes early. Nice white table cloth; main dining room on main floor. Upstairs area, stairs and patrons/waiters going thru this dining room to service the 2nd floor. Waitress was pleasant and served our drinks and salad in good time. A party of 12 plus 2 other tables not all hers arrived and we quickly got in the food order so we would not get caught behind the new crowd. .
At 7:15 p.m. we asked her where our dinner was? She said there had been a delay in kitchen. Another 10 minutes and we asked the manager; he said good food takes time, but the people behind us who arrived after us had received their meal. The Mgr. brought our meal about 10 minutes later. I looked at my haddock and tasted it and he said how is it and I said dry, the sauce had congealed and it was lukewarm. My husband was so hungry, he ate his chicken which was lukewarm, the potatoes he had were not even warmed thru. Our meals had been forgotten in the crowd and then warmed up under the lights and then served to us. What nerve the manger serving us this meal.?? I called over the mgr. and said this was unacceptable, he took away the plate from me and returned immediately with a new haddock where the food was steaming. He turned it around and was rude that we were complaining. While we were eating, a bus load of people filed into dining room behind my husband's chair to go out to the beer brewing area that was thru glass doors from the dining room. The mgr. came thru behind my husband with trays of glasses and pitchers of beer for the crowd. What a treat!!!! The waitress arrived and we asked for dessert and our bill. The quality of food was good when we got it but the temperature, lack of professional service and attitude was horrible. My husband paid the bill when I had gone to the washroom, he apologized to the waitress about the low tip. I wanted to leave a $1 each but he left $5 total. He said something happened to our meal that should not have happened. She said was it because it was cold or late. He said both. She did not apologize at all. Just seemed upset. Her and the mgr. were indifferent about this situation.
DO NOT WASTE YOUR HARD EARNED TIME AND MONEY ON THIS PLACE, WITH ALL THE CHOICES IN THE AREA.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Cleveland, Ohio
“A Great Getaway From Chain Restaurants”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

My husband and I celebrated our anniversary in Niagara Falls and really needed a break away from the typical touristy restaurants. We chose Syndicate based on TA reviews and we were not disappointed! We also chose this place because (1) we love farm to table, (2) its a brewery and (3) its a unique experience.
Its a way away from the tourist areas, so you have to drive, but its very easy to find. The prices were decent: $22 for three courses. The food was fresh, tasty and thoughtful.
The atmosphere was comfortable and mature, great for a special meal.
I'm not typically a beer drinker, but I promptly switched from wine to beer after tasting the Pumpkin Ale my husband ordered. I would go there again just to have that....yummy!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Three meals all for one low price - it was definitely one of the cheapest (and best) restaurants I had at Niagara Falls. They also have a kids menu! The atmosphere's really mature, however, so you might be careful about bringing kids to this because the walls are dark and it's dimly lit. Still, I would come again.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great place for locals! *Top shelf experience*”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Everything was great from start to finish! Our server Jen was amazing! My husband had the crab crusted Haddock and I had the steak. Everything we had was delicious and cooked perfectly. We will be returning soon!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“One of the Best Places I have eaten”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant we had picked from Trip Advisor was closed and we were at a loss. We went into a nearby pet store and asked for recommendation and they sent us here. It was a Saturday night and we did not have a reservation (I recommend that you do), but they graciously put us in the bar and we proceeded to be amazed. My friend was not impressed with the wine, but that had been true of all Canadian wine, and we did respect their serving local wines. My husband had soup he liked and my salad was delicious -- i ate every bite. We are originally from Texas and my husband considers himself an expert on steak-- and this was the best he has ever had! I got a small taste and totally agreed. I had the blackened trout and it was amazing as well. The waitress had assured me it was not spicy ( like Cajun) and it was not, but very flavorful. I ate every bite of the blackening and the fish. My shortbread cookie dessert was a little hard to eat but yummy. I would go back here in a minute and recommend everyone in Niagara Falls, whether resident or tourist, make a point of going here!!!!

Visited September 2013