“Go there!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 460 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Gastropub
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Doing business, Bar scene, Romantic, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Toronto, Canada
“Go there!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

We avoided the tourists traps and went instead to the Syndicate restaurant on the recomendation of our hotel's concierge.

The restaurant is a little outside the animated area of the city but it was well worth the trip!

The food was delicious. I particularly enjoyed the pasta à la truffle cream and the creme brulée.

I also liked the music, the view onto the brewery and the price. I think the syndicate people are crazy to charge so little money!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Peterborough, Canada
“Good value for $$$”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We recently ate at the Syndicate Restaurant in Niagara Falls and were very impressed with the value and the friendly staff. For a fixed price of $22 you get a soup/salad, main course and dessert. All our meals were wonderful. They use local meat and produce, all done with a very tasty flare.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Toronto, ON
“One of the best restaurants in Niagara Falls”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We have a business in Niagara Falls and have been trying to get to The Syndicate for ages. I do recommend a reservation. This is probably one of the best restaurants in Niagara Falls. My husband and the lamb and I had the crab with lobster ravioli. Excellent. For a fixed price menu, you get an appetizer, main course and dessert. The portions are perfect. The staff is friendly and efficient without being fawning. We will be back.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“LOCAL/ORGANIC FOOD with AMAZING TASTE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

My boyfriend and I ate here after hearing about the place from a local. Everything is homemade, organic, and locally sourced where possible. They must have an amazing in-house chef because our meals were some of the best we've ever had.

We ordered off the 3-course dinner menu which features many choices for each course and has a set price of $22 at the time we were there. Apparently the steak option is sometimes more depending on the cut available that night, but the night we were there we were informed it was the same as other options. We both had the Ceasar salad which was very good. The dressing was definitely homemade, which I appreciate. I had the beer flight and enjoyed all of the brews in it. Our food was TO DIE FOR. My boyfriend had the crab and lobster encrusted haddock with lobster ravioli. Clearly handmade ravioli, it was one of the best things I have ever tasted in my life. The haddock and the sauces used in his dish were incredible as well. I had the great lakes-sourced trout, which was also very good. It came with red potatoes and fresh veggies, both cooked to perfection and served with a delicious sauce. For one of our deserts we ordered a cheese platter which featured olive and red pepper compotes, cherry sauce, and local ice grapes. All components very, very good. Our other desert was an incredibly rich "chocolate mountain", which consisted of filo sheets inter-laid with a dreamy chocolate mousse. Probably the best chocolate desert I've ever tasted!! The portion size was very good, we were both stuffed. The service was also great. Even the busboy was knowledgeable about our cheese platter when we asked him what the types of cheese were.

It's a little ways away from the main tourist area of Niagara Falls but well worth the short trip. I HIGHLY recommend trying Syndicate during your stay in Niagara Falls.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Excellent Food, Nice atmoshpere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We ate here at the recommendation of the owner of the Rex Motel. The food was terrific, the atmosphere was very nice and relaxing and the wait staff was excellent! I highly recommend the Syndicate.

Visited August 2013