“Amazing Value” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #20 of 451 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Cuisines: Gastropub
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Richmond Hill, Canada
“Amazing Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Found this place while "Googling" for a place to eat in Niagara Falls during March break. Went here with a group of 11 people and we weren't disappointed. Couldn't believe that it was only $20 for a three course meal, and there was a good selection for that price. I had the braised beef and i think my wife had the lamb. I liked the place. It was some of the best food I ever had while visiting Niagara Falls.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Canada
“PHENOMINAL!!!!!! A true Gem in Niagara!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I think that this may very well be one of our new favorite restaurants! We just enjoyed a wonderful dinner here. Our reservations were made a few days in advance and we had no issues, we arrived and our table was waiting for us. Our table was on the first floor close to the fireplace a great spot~The restaurant was warm and cozy, and our server, I believe her name was Sara, was very friendly and attentive.

We ordered the prix fix menu 3 course meal for $20 and I must say.....this is a steal. The value, portion size, flavor, presentation and quality of food was amazing.

Our dinner started off with a glass of wine and the 4 beer sampler. We each had a cesear salad, which was fresh, cold and light yet delicious on the dressing.

For the meal, I had the Lobster Ravioli, don't let the portion size fool you! I was stuffed until the next morning. Hubby had the steak and it was cooked to perfection! So flavorful, I kept asking if I could have another bite. We also noticed many patrons enjoying the chicken and that looked yummy as well, again the portions were very generous!

For dessert, I enjoyed the chocolate creme brule, I didn't have room for it, but the first taste was so light and yummy, that I could not resist and finished the entire serving! My hubby had the apple crisp with a scoop of ice cream, it was very fresh and still very warm, he loved it!

I'm so glad to have found this place on Trip advisor, as we have driven past it on numerous occassions, and unfortunately never given it any thought. A 3 course deal for $20?? Where on earth can anyone enjoy a meal for such a great price. I would go to Niagara, just to be able to eat here again.

To the owners, management of Syndicate. You need to expand your location to other cities, so everyone can experience this establishment. Thanks for a wonderful, romantic dinner, with great service!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Impressive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We decided to try this restaurant after looking at top ranked places on tripadvisor. Our itinerary was to do some shopping at the outlets, early dinner (unfortunately), then magic show at 7:30 pm (hence the early dinner). We made reservations (recommended) for 5:00 pm, but running behind from shopping and gave them a quick call to not lose table and arrived around 5:15 pm.

Our table was by the fireplace, close to the door of the brewery where the vats are (more on this later). It was quiet when we got there, but it got busy very fast. I was pretty much decided on prix fixe from looking at the menu online and knew what I wanted going in. My wife wasn't so sure, but was impressed with the menu.

Unfortunately, our server did not advise us of items that were not available on the food and beer menu. We wanted to try the beers and got the tasters, but was advised the red ale was not available, which was definitely disappointing. Our food items were available, but we overheard other items were not as people were ordering.

The food was good. I wasn't too impressed with the Caprese salad as the menu describes fresh mozzarella cheese, but it appeared simply to be slice bocconcini cocktail balls sliced in two. Otherwise, soup of the day, lamb shank and chicken supreme were good. The location of our table was awkward at times as groups of people have to walk by to get to the brewery for the tour and beer tasting. It felt like one of our chairs was somewhat in the way and probably not the best table for intimacy.

Service was good overall but there were a few minor issues. Our server forgot to replace my utensils prior to my main course coming out. A bit slow on clearing empty glasses as we did sample and order pints as well. Do note that they got some red ale after and we were given a sample for free, but a bit late as we committed to pints at this point. We did not order our dessert at the beginning as we were undecided. Our server told us it's on the way out shortly, but told her otherwise. Either way, it came out quite fast considering.

I was contemplating an excellent rating, but am a pretty tough critic. Overall, it was impressive and definitely one of the best values around. My wife's family often take visitors to the Niagara Falls area and I have highly recommended that we try the place the next time we go as a family with or without visitors. We took home a 'growler' of their IPA beer and look forward to having it refilled with the lager.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Welland, Canada
“Second time not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I took another couple to experience the Syndicate.
We had been there once before and liked it.
This time we made a reservation and when we arrived we were taken to a table.
Then we had to move to accommodate a larger party so they could push tables together. Not a big deal but we had to move.
We asked about going upstairs but you have to ask when you book.
Anyway we ordered wine, drinks and then dinner.
All was ok, except service was very slow. Probably about 10 minutes with all glasses empty before someone took a refill order and another 10 minutes for the refills to come to the table.

It was the first seating so the only rush we saw was at the end when they needed the table for the next seating.
Food was good. No complaints there. We just felt like we were being pushed out.
Water was not refilled. Fresh ground pepper was not offered but we saw other tables getting it.
It was just a disappointing night due to the staff there.
Probably wont take people there again.

Niagara Falls, Canada
“Didn't Meet Expectations.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

My boyfriend and I live nearby, so we went over for a beer and an appetizer one evening to check it out after hearing good reviews. I found the staff to be unhelpful and too "cliquey" with the local regulars sitting at the bar. We felt out of place and unwelcome. Not impressed to find so few vegetarian/vegan options in a newer restaurant. Ended up getting mediocre fries and awful beer. The decor and prices were decent, that's the positive. Won't be going back there, which is a shame because it's so close by.

• Visited November 2012